blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:56:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  COVID19
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 295 296 [297] 298 299 300 301 ... 305 Go Down Print
Author Topic: COVID19  (Read 353803 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4440 on: August 27, 2021, 10:43:54 PM »

See Deeply Dippy Fairbrass ended up in hospital last week, but it wasn't the rona, he fell over at home  Roll Eyes

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #4441 on: August 28, 2021, 03:13:48 PM »

Doobs
Thanks for that. West Holts is a chilled sort of place in any year and not much like anything at Leeds/Reading. I still enjoy being in the front area of a crowd even if my replacement hip isn’t up to the rigours of a mosh pit.
I can’t get sufficiently excited about seeing Stormzy to make the effort anyway. 70,000 teenagers on their first bit of freedom for a year and a half has less appeal than it might.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
LouieBryant

View Profile
« Reply #4442 on: September 01, 2021, 10:52:37 AM »

I wonder how long will this stupid hype go on for.......
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4443 on: September 01, 2021, 04:52:22 PM »

I wonder how long will this stupid hype go on for.......

What stupid hype is that?

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4444 on: September 01, 2021, 04:53:10 PM »

If you're referring to COVID. I imagine it will stop when enough people are vaccinated.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4445 on: September 01, 2021, 05:06:08 PM »

If you're referring to COVID. I imagine it will stop when enough people are vaccinated.

I assumed they were referring to the hype around microchips in the vaccine and the state using Covid to control our minds. Not sure there is much hype around here. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4446 on: September 01, 2021, 05:09:34 PM »

I assumed they were referring to the hype around microchips in the vaccine and the state using Covid to control our minds. Not sure there is much hype around here. 

5G on my phone has been super since my 2nd dose, though.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4447 on: September 01, 2021, 06:18:24 PM »

But it is a bastard when the magnetism gets to work and you put your phone too close to your head.   Took all my strength to pull it free. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4448 on: September 01, 2021, 07:27:24 PM »

But it is a bastard when the magnetism gets to work and you put your phone too close to your head.   Took all my strength to pull it free. 

The booster should fix that, as it includes a new software upgrade.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #4449 on: September 06, 2021, 06:41:46 PM »

More stupid hype ffs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58452953

https://inews.co.uk/news/covid-lockdown-government-plans-october-firebreak-restrictions-hospital-admissions-1185533

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #4450 on: September 06, 2021, 09:14:31 PM »

Did a Luton player called Graham ? Die of COVID too ?
My mate was at Coventry gukpt and it was mentioned along with Colburn tomlins passing after going to Manchester ?
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4451 on: September 06, 2021, 11:34:16 PM »

Will do a quick update this week after my trip to Covid central up in Scotland (we were right up in the Highlands, so probably just drove through Covid central).

Since I last posted, deaths, hospitalisations and cases have all been increasing by about 10% a week.  It seems we are going to be getting upswings and downswings from now on.  I think there is bound to be an increase in cases when schools repoen, so maybe this upswing will stretch to a few weeks, but have seen others suggest that schools won't cause an increase.   The Scottish evidence seems pretty convincing to me, but we'll see. 

I don't know why there has been such a delay on the teenager vaccination question.  If they were going to do it, it seems that over the summer was going to be a good time.  As it is my eldest has got to go through a whole bunch of testing and delays before the school year starts.  If they aren't sending large groups of choldren home and lateral flow tests are pretty hopeless at treating asymptomatics, then I don't really understand why we are on this path.  Maybe it was all discussed when I was out of signal range?

Anyway, until next week (maybe).

I have got some new work, so Wednesday updates have disappeared for now.

Funny how delaying stuff to take out the lags shows that some people are too quick to make conclusions. 

Since I last posted, deaths rose by about 15% a week, hospitalisations by 5% a week and cases were flat.  I have been reading cases had fallen on 7 days running, which was probably just a reflection of lags on the later days (but may have been some quirk with looking at England only or reporting dates?).  Anyway, there hasn't been any noticeable falls yet, and deaths are hitting 100 a day in England alone on some days. 

Scotland has been giving a flavour of what happens when you open up (or schools reopen depending on who you read), with the highest rates of increases of the home nations.  I am inclined to link to school's reopening, given it corresponds to school's reopening and is been lead by young people again.  If I see some evidence from England that our school's reopening is not following a similar path, then I'll probably stick to that belief. 

Nothing much else to say, but I'd have probably gone teenager vaccines yes and Covid passports no, but guess both are pretty marginal decisions.  We don't know the long term effects of vaccination or Covid yet, but I think the short term evidence is that Covid is worse even at young ages, so don't see why we think this will reverse in the long term.  Also if the teenager question is really finely balanced, and I am not convinced it is that fuinely balanced, then why wouldn't we consider the effect on others of their lack of vaccination?  I am pretty sure I have seen stuff telling us to give our kids vaccinations to protect those babies who aren't old enough yet for vaccinations? 

Anyway, will be back in a week or so or a month or so.  As an aside how do twitter people cope? I have followed about 20 people or so, and still can't keep up.   Guess half of those posts are Neil's, so maybe it is doable if I just followed 19?  But how do you follow over 1,000?     

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4452 on: September 07, 2021, 12:09:19 AM »

Did a Luton player called Graham ? Die of COVID too ?
My mate was at Coventry gukpt and it was mentioned along with Colburn tomlins passing after going to Manchester ?

Start calling you Dot Cotton.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 12:22:19 AM by Marky147 » Logged

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4453 on: September 07, 2021, 12:22:01 AM »

Will do a quick update this week after my trip to Covid central up in Scotland (we were right up in the Highlands, so probably just drove through Covid central).

Since I last posted, deaths, hospitalisations and cases have all been increasing by about 10% a week.  It seems we are going to be getting upswings and downswings from now on.  I think there is bound to be an increase in cases when schools repoen, so maybe this upswing will stretch to a few weeks, but have seen others suggest that schools won't cause an increase.   The Scottish evidence seems pretty convincing to me, but we'll see. 

I don't know why there has been such a delay on the teenager vaccination question.  If they were going to do it, it seems that over the summer was going to be a good time.  As it is my eldest has got to go through a whole bunch of testing and delays before the school year starts.  If they aren't sending large groups of choldren home and lateral flow tests are pretty hopeless at treating asymptomatics, then I don't really understand why we are on this path.  Maybe it was all discussed when I was out of signal range?

Anyway, until next week (maybe).

I have got some new work, so Wednesday updates have disappeared for now.

Funny how delaying stuff to take out the lags shows that some people are too quick to make conclusions. 

Since I last posted, deaths rose by about 15% a week, hospitalisations by 5% a week and cases were flat.  I have been reading cases had fallen on 7 days running, which was probably just a reflection of lags on the later days (but may have been some quirk with looking at England only or reporting dates?).  Anyway, there hasn't been any noticeable falls yet, and deaths are hitting 100 a day in England alone on some days. 

Scotland has been giving a flavour of what happens when you open up (or schools reopen depending on who you read), with the highest rates of increases of the home nations.  I am inclined to link to school's reopening, given it corresponds to school's reopening and is been lead by young people again.  If I see some evidence from England that our school's reopening is not following a similar path, then I'll probably stick to that belief. 

Nothing much else to say, but I'd have probably gone teenager vaccines yes and Covid passports no, but guess both are pretty marginal decisions.  We don't know the long term effects of vaccination or Covid yet, but I think the short term evidence is that Covid is worse even at young ages, so don't see why we think this will reverse in the long term.  Also if the teenager question is really finely balanced, and I am not convinced it is that fuinely balanced, then why wouldn't we consider the effect on others of their lack of vaccination?  I am pretty sure I have seen stuff telling us to give our kids vaccinations to protect those babies who aren't old enough yet for vaccinations? 

Anyway, will be back in a week or so or a month or so.  As an aside how do twitter people cope? I have followed about 20 people or so, and still can't keep up.   Guess half of those posts are Neil's, so maybe it is doable if I just followed 19?  But how do you follow over 1,000?     

I find it's very like facebook, in that you only really see stuff from people you interact with, and you can mute stuff, too.

https://twitter.com/kallmemeg/status/1434171779111661568

This was a good thread that Meaghan retweeted, and seemed quite logical.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4454 on: September 07, 2021, 12:30:28 AM »

This is quite an interesting thread on the vaccinations, too. Maybe it should have been a three dose vaccine, and they just didn't realise.

https://twitter.com/andrew_croxford/status/1433088884620120072

This is the first data I've seen on third-dose boosters in healthy people. Wouldn't put my hand in the fire but I quite like this trajectory. Maybe these were 3-dose vaccines all along (like HPV, HepB), and we are only realising now?

Pages: 1 ... 293 294 295 296 [297] 298 299 300 301 ... 305 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: