blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:59:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  COVID19
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 297 298 [299] 300 301 302 303 ... 305 Go Down Print
Author Topic: COVID19  (Read 353692 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4470 on: September 14, 2021, 01:37:27 PM »

Evening Marky

https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/challenge-to-mhra-approval-of/

The Covid19 Assembly is a UK based, non-profit organisation... 

We have assembled a world class group of experts doctors and scientists, including ... Roger Hodkinson.. Robert Malone...Tess Lawrie...Ros Jones

Guessi it is getting harder to raise money for Invermectin Meta-analyses now so many studies have been shown to be unreliable and guess the deaths audit is no longer much of a fund raiser either. 

That tw@t Bev Turner is in on it as well, and I'm sure Clare Craig is one of main ones behind that Covid 19 Assembly, as her first idea was investigate every death. Absolute wankers, the lot of them.

HART group are just as bad, and they've been ripped to pieces by some shrewd people on Twitter, who have done a great job putting together all the info, including Craig talking about how they can scare people away from vaccines etc.

lol, just got a text from Bev about it......our kids are in the same class  Shocked

Poor you, lol.

Did it have donation link to her next crowdfunder?

lol, no...but it was a bloody essay!

Amazing how wild some people have gone over this, and dunning kruger is on steroids.

She's literally arguing with scientists and telling them they don't know what they're talking about Cheesy

Don't get me started, Julia HB is another one, she is lliterally accusing experts of lying today.  No worries, she has had Phlip Davies on for balance this morning; renowned Covid experts, Calvin Robinson and Toby Young must have been unavailable?   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4471 on: September 14, 2021, 02:42:24 PM »

She's a whopper, too. Toby Young is trying to replace Berenson as the wrongest man of the whole pandemic.

All of them should get in the fucking sea! 

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4472 on: September 14, 2021, 03:23:52 PM »

Bev goes bananas...

https://twitter.com/beverleyturner/status/1437540045502619649

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4473 on: September 14, 2021, 03:57:26 PM »

I saw that earlier and was looking for it earlier; had it in my head it was pathological Clare, but maybe she retweeted it?

Anyway I thought Rachel Clarke was pretty shocked to see her described as an attention seeking loon by somebody who fits that description way better. 

Anti "lockdown" twiter really is getting weird.  The likes of Chris Whitty have had to deal with this unpleasantness for some time but the net is far wider now. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4474 on: September 14, 2021, 05:25:28 PM »

I saw that earlier and was looking for it earlier; had it in my head it was pathological Clare, but maybe she retweeted it?

Anyway I thought Rachel Clarke was pretty shocked to see her described as an attention seeking loon by somebody who fits that description way better. 

Anti "lockdown" twiter really is getting weird.  The likes of Chris Whitty have had to deal with this unpleasantness for some time but the net is far wider now. 

Clare Craig is another one that's going to be in trouble, you'd think.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4475 on: September 14, 2021, 11:05:07 PM »

Dr Wilson with a good takedown of Yeadon.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4476 on: September 16, 2021, 11:10:29 PM »

I have got some new work, so Wednesday updates have disappeared for now.

Funny how delaying stuff to take out the lags shows that some people are too quick to make conclusions. 

Since I last posted, deaths rose by about 15% a week, hospitalisations by 5% a week and cases were flat.  I have been reading cases had fallen on 7 days running, which was probably just a reflection of lags on the later days (but may have been some quirk with looking at England only or reporting dates?).  Anyway, there hasn't been any noticeable falls yet, and deaths are hitting 100 a day in England alone on some days. 

Scotland has been giving a flavour of what happens when you open up (or schools reopen depending on who you read), with the highest rates of increases of the home nations.  I am inclined to link to school's reopening, given it corresponds to school's reopening and is been lead by young people again.  If I see some evidence from England that our school's reopening is not following a similar path, then I'll probably stick to that belief. 

Nothing much else to say, but I'd have probably gone teenager vaccines yes and Covid passports no, but guess both are pretty marginal decisions.  We don't know the long term effects of vaccination or Covid yet, but I think the short term evidence is that Covid is worse even at young ages, so don't see why we think this will reverse in the long term.  Also if the teenager question is really finely balanced, and I am not convinced it is that fuinely balanced, then why wouldn't we consider the effect on others of their lack of vaccination?  I am pretty sure I have seen stuff telling us to give our kids vaccinations to protect those babies who aren't old enough yet for vaccinations? 

Anyway, will be back in a week or so or a month or so.  As an aside how do twitter people cope? I have followed about 20 people or so, and still can't keep up.   Guess half of those posts are Neil's, so maybe it is doable if I just followed 19?  But how do you follow over 1,000?     

Another "weekly" "Wednesday update.

There has been signs of a turnaround in cases over the last few days, but as I tend to look a week back to get rid of the lag, it isn't in my figures yet.  It will almost cerntainly be there next time I post, but the fall pretty much started a week ago.

Anyway, onwards.  having said the above, deaths have just continued to rise over the last week or two, and have now been on an upward trend since June.  We have gone through 100 deaths a day in England now (more in teh whole UK). I was reminded the other day that people were losing their minds that SAGE were predicting 200 deaths a day this time last year.  It went way over that in wave 2, but strange how the thought of 200 cases a day was scaremongering, and now over 100 is now "shrug, whatever".  There have been a few studies showing that vaccines are losing their effectiveness in the very old, hence the push for 3rd doses of vaccine, which seems a sensible action to me.  Having said that, the current level of vaccinations is feeble compared to how high it was at the peak, so there should be plenty of capacity to vaccinate oldies and teenagers. 

Hospitalisations are still rising too, and are now up over 1,000 a day, which is the largest they have been since February.  Back then we were gettimg nearer 500 deaths a day, so maybe  "shrug, whatever" is right?   

Cases.  Looking back a week. they were definitely hitting a peak, with cases up only 5% or so on average over the week.  It is a bit surprising as schools have just returned, hopefully this shows that school transmission genuinely is low and the fall over the last few days continues into winter.  It would be really good of hospitalisations and deaths followed in the next couple of weeks too, and we can start looking forward to more normal winter deaths in future years.

Got to go.  Until next time. 

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4477 on: September 17, 2021, 12:08:17 PM »

Think that it looks like schools don't cause as much chaos as we thought they might, and the vaccines are working.

Think as unsavoury as it is, it's going to be a case of them trying to crack on as we are, unless things go mad with admissions again. I haven't checked for a while, but although admissions were rising, aren't stays shorter, which means they don't get overloaded beyond capacity*

Just have to get the 3rd doses out, which I've seen some immunologists saying might have been the case all along, and they just weren't aware, as they just had to go with what they knew.

3rd doses showing that they provide a huge breadth of protection, not that I really understand what that means Cheesy

I should get mine end of next month, and then hopefully the Yanks have stopped being morons, so I can play Kevin McAllister around Vegas for Xmas.

Doubt I'll bump into Donald as per the movie, though.

*I know some hospitals are getting pretty heavily loaded

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4478 on: September 17, 2021, 01:14:10 PM »

Think that it looks like schools don't cause as much chaos as we thought they might, and the vaccines are working.

Think as unsavoury as it is, it's going to be a case of them trying to crack on as we are, unless things go mad with admissions again. I haven't checked for a while, but although admissions were rising, aren't stays shorter, which means they don't get overloaded beyond capacity*

Just have to get the 3rd doses out, which I've seen some immunologists saying might have been the case all along, and they just weren't aware, as they just had to go with what they knew.

3rd doses showing that they provide a huge breadth of protection, not that I really understand what that means Cheesy

I should get mine end of next month, and then hopefully the Yanks have stopped being morons, so I can play Kevin McAllister around Vegas for Xmas.

Doubt I'll bump into Donald as per the movie, though.

*I know some hospitals are getting pretty heavily loaded

Think the average Covid patient lasts something like 10 times longer in ICU than an average other patient.   And don't older patients die quicker, rather than hang round in ICU? 

I don't think the average stay can be significantly less resources consuming than it used to be, but may be wrong.  I don't read as much on Covid as I used to, as have moved on a bit myself. 

FWIW Just got my antibody blood test kit.  I was supposed to get one a month or so ago, but it never came.  The first one was something to do with Zoe, but not sure if this one is.  It is all presumably general population monitoring to see how many have antibodies and with what symptoms.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4479 on: September 17, 2021, 01:20:42 PM »

Think the average Covid patient lasts something like 10 times longer in ICU than an average other patient.   And don't older patients die quicker, rather than hang round in ICU? 

I don't think the average stay can be significantly less resources consuming than it used to be, but may be wrong.  I don't read as much on Covid as I used to, as have moved on a bit myself. 

FWIW Just got my antibody blood test kit.  I was supposed to get one a month or so ago, but it never came.  The first one was something to do with Zoe, but not sure if this one is.  It is all presumably general population monitoring to see how many have antibodies and with what symptoms.

Once they're in the ICU, I think it's 10x longer. I was more referring to admissions, who then are out and home, rather than end up intubated. Think that's how with admissions rising so much, we've not absolutely blown up the number in hospital and ICU.

I asked the nurse at my infusion if I could get one, but they said I couldn't do it there and would have to speak to GP. I wanted to check how I was sitting, as I'll be on the extremely vulnerable list, and first in line for my 3rd.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4480 on: September 28, 2021, 08:42:03 PM »

This is good, especially from 5 minutes onwards Cheesy

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4481 on: September 29, 2021, 10:38:57 PM »

Another "weekly" "Wednesday update.

There has been signs of a turnaround in cases over the last few days, but as I tend to look a week back to get rid of the lag, it isn't in my figures yet.  It will almost cerntainly be there next time I post, but the fall pretty much started a week ago.

Anyway, onwards.  having said the above, deaths have just continued to rise over the last week or two, and have now been on an upward trend since June.  We have gone through 100 deaths a day in England now (more in teh whole UK). I was reminded the other day that people were losing their minds that SAGE were predicting 200 deaths a day this time last year.  It went way over that in wave 2, but strange how the thought of 200 cases a day was scaremongering, and now over 100 is now "shrug, whatever".  There have been a few studies showing that vaccines are losing their effectiveness in the very old, hence the push for 3rd doses of vaccine, which seems a sensible action to me.  Having said that, the current level of vaccinations is feeble compared to how high it was at the peak, so there should be plenty of capacity to vaccinate oldies and teenagers. 

Hospitalisations are still rising too, and are now up over 1,000 a day, which is the largest they have been since February.  Back then we were gettimg nearer 500 deaths a day, so maybe  "shrug, whatever" is right?   

Cases.  Looking back a week. they were definitely hitting a peak, with cases up only 5% or so on average over the week.  It is a bit surprising as schools have just returned, hopefully this shows that school transmission genuinely is low and the fall over the last few days continues into winter.  It would be really good of hospitalisations and deaths followed in the next couple of weeks too, and we can start looking forward to more normal winter deaths in future years.

Got to go.  Until next time. 

A very brief update, as it is a Wednesday, albeit a week later than it should have been.

There is a lot of noise in the daily figues still, which gives ample opportunity for people to claim things are rising or falling, when the reality is that there isn't much change as time goes on.

Deaths have dropped below 100 a day now in England, but not by much, and have mostly been over 90 deaths a day.

Hospitalisations are looking better, with numbers now down below 800 a day.  Still not massive falls from the recent 1,000 a day, but hopefully giving the doctors* a bit more rest.

Cases have been a bit more unstable.  I mentioned on the last update that we might be seeing low in-school transmission.  That turned out to be a false dawn, and Covid is much higher in school age children than in other sections of the population.  My eldest got her jab today, but her school is now telling is that cases there are higher than they have ever been.  They are still open though, so the school children are clinging on to a bit of normality.

* Just looking back on this page, and I mentioned that Dr Rachel Clarke had been attacked by a high profile anti vaxxer, last night a Telegraph cartoonist was encouraging people to beat her up... really.  The most surprising aspect of it all was that he wasn't the crusty old duffer I imagined, but a fresh faced 35 year old who has worked for The Guardian.  Managed to ace the type of school he went to, mind.  Don't they all? 

Mad that virtually every single one of the anti-lockdown crowd is now anti-vaccine.  We used to joke that would happen; I never really thought it would to such a large extent. 

Until next time.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4482 on: September 29, 2021, 10:51:31 PM »

Forgot to mention this.  It takes a good half hour to watch the video, set it all up* and do the blood test.  Then you have to trek to the nearest NHS post box afterwards. Then a few days later they tell you you have antibodies to Covid that could have come from catching the disease or having the jab.  Given I had the jab in June, then the result wasn't much of a surprise.  Anyway, guess I did my bit, even if it did feel like a big waste of time. 

* I had to do this twice, as when I watched the video, I realised I should have been drinking a lot of water the day before the test and half an hour before, and I simply hadn't.  Would probably have been better if I hadn't just poured a glass of wine too...  If you get a test, make sure you watch the video before opening your box.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4483 on: September 29, 2021, 10:56:13 PM »

Yeah, Bob Moron has been mental since the start of all this.

I was surprised last year, when I found out he was younger than me Cheesy

Think we're going to be rolling around like this for the next year or so, without any great restrictions being put in place, and just a swedish type model.

Can see why that wouldn't have worked here last year, as we're all fucking idiots. With such a prevalence of existing immunity, even the backwards public of the UK hopefully can't cause too much trouble, beyond crying in their special brew at the park.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4484 on: September 29, 2021, 11:00:16 PM »

Forgot to mention this.  It takes a good half hour to watch the video, set it all up* and do the blood test.  Then you have to trek to the nearest NHS post box afterwards. Then a few days later they tell you you have antibodies to Covid that could have come from catching the disease or having the jab.  Given I had the jab in June, then the result wasn't much of a surprise.  Anyway, guess I did my bit, even if it did feel like a big waste of time. 

* I had to do this twice, as when I watched the video, I realised I should have been drinking a lot of water the day before the test and half an hour before, and I simply hadn't.  Would probably have been better if I hadn't just poured a glass of wine too...  If you get a test, make sure you watch the video before opening your box.

I might see if I can get in with my Dr when I go for my flu jab, and ask if she'll test me for antibodies. The nurse at my infusion said that would be my best course of action.

Pages: 1 ... 295 296 297 298 [299] 300 301 302 303 ... 305 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: