blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:53:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Multiple Choice Quiz - "Season" 3
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Multiple Choice Quiz - "Season" 3  (Read 13756 times)
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: May 17, 2020, 09:22:36 PM »

The millions of fans of the MCQ could not have wished for a better end to the season as we have so many stories going on throughout the league. degston77 has incredibly scored two zero pointers in a row but managed to maintain his spot at the head of the table with ties only split after Q20. In a dramatic question, Rubbish2407 could only pinch one point to move in to a tie for the lead but it was HutchGF who benefited most by scoring a two pointer to make it a three way tie at the top. Tal could have amazingly made it a 4 way tie but could only muster a single point on Q19 and will need everything to go his own way on Q20 to win.

KarmaDope sit in 5th and 6th on 28pts but on the same points we have three other players! Dacorb, Archer and jakally have all given themselves an amazing chance of the glory of a top 6 finish. Ironside has 27pts and a glimmer of hope. Juperjiper and superwomble look set for midtable finishes with superwomble only having 1 correct answer in the last 9 questions.

In the bottom 6, whilst 3 of the places are locked up with celtic, bergeroo and nirvana resigned to their fate, the others can still escape with a strong Q20. arbboy still sits in the bottom 6 but is tied with Alverton who has been dragged back in to it.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 17, 2020, 09:24:59 PM »

what id everyone score for q19 you missed a page FARCE

It's there.

good editing

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 17, 2020, 09:36:55 PM »

Really enjoying this - great fun!

Thanks again for not just an excellent quiz but absolute reveal mastery.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 17, 2020, 09:43:23 PM »

Really enjoying this - great fun!

Thanks again for not just an excellent quiz but absolute reveal mastery.

Knew you were massively over priced.   Shame i included myself as the reverse forecast.
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 17, 2020, 10:02:45 PM »

wow
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 17, 2020, 10:04:09 PM »

20. Most matches played in World Cups:

Cristiano Ronaldo 17
Thomas Muller 16
Lionel Messi 19

Q20 Scoring:

Karabiner 2
Rubbish2407 2
jakally 1
Dacorb 1
Pokerpops 1
Ironside 0
stribling 0
4KSuited 0
TightEnd 0
Juperjiper 0
superwomble 0
degston77 0
HutchGF 0
arbboy 0
Archer 0
bergeroo 0
KarmaDope 0
celtic 0
nirvana 0
Alverton 0
ForthThistle 0
Tal 0

FINAL SCORES:

Rubbish2407 33 (16 correct)
degston77 31 (15 correct)
HutchGF 31 (13 correct)
Tal 30 (13 correct)
jakally 29 (11 correct)
Dacorb 29 (10 correct)
--------------------------
KarmaDope 28 (11 correct) TIED 7TH
TightEnd 28 (11 correct) TIED 7TH
Archer 28 (10 correct)
Ironside 27 (10 correct)
Juperjiper 26 (11 correct)
Karabiner 25 (9 correct) TIED 12TH
superwomble 25 (9 correct) TIED 12TH
Pokerpops 25 (7 correct)
stribling 23 (7 correct)
Alverton 22 (9 correct)
------------------------
arbboy 22 (7 correct)
ForthThistle 21 (7 correct)
4KSuited 20 (5 correct)
celtic 15 (4 correct)
nirvana 14 (2 correct)
bergeroo 13 (5 correct)

Season 3 comes to an end and there is no doubt this has been the most compelling season so far with the most spectacular finish. You'll never see anything like this ever again! We have a two time champion as Rubbish2407 successfully defends his crown, pinching the title on Q20 in dramatic fashion - 8 correct questions of the last 9 meant he came from outside the top 6 to defy 33/1 odds at the Q16 stage. Well done Rubbish2407, a tremendous effort especially considering he missed out a question.

degston77 might struggle to sleep tonight as he was resigned to a second straight 2nd place finish after 3 zero point answers in a row to finish and he and Rubbish look to have cemented themselves as the two big guns in MCQ and could have quite the rivalry in future seasons. They could be the Real/Barcelona, the Rock/Stone Cold, the Harding/Kerrigan of our time.

An amazing debut season from HutchGF saw him finish in 3rd, only losing out to degston77 on a count back and he could be a serious contender going forward. He was joined in the top 6 by Tal who after a one season hiatus came back to show he is a big player in MCQ. The top 6 was filled out by two guys who pinched places on Q20 - jakally (5th) and Dacorb (6th) did not occupy a top 6 spot at any point throughout the season until the very end. Strong finishes meant they capatilised on slip ups by the likes of TightEnd and KarmaDope.

TightEnd and KarmaDope were camped in the top 6 throughout but sensationally lost their places on Q20, a question that caught many out. They ended up tying in 7th on 28pts, one point outside the top 6. Still an impressive showing by the two big guns. They were joined on 28pts by Archer who flirted a little with the top 6 but always looked likely to finish where he did.

Ironside showed immense improvement to finish in 10th but, again, never really looked like he was a top 6 player. Similar improvement next season could easily see him as a big contender. Juperjiper finished solid in 11th but that is a slip on his S-2 finish, whilst Karabiner took his usual midtable spot in a tie for 12th with superwomble. superwomble had an unreal blow up with only one correct answer in the second half of the season. stribling won't be happy with 15th after a good S-2 and a strong start to this season. Alverton escaped a second straight bottom zone placing by finishing 16th, beating arbboy on a count back.

arbboy has now finished in the bottom zone in 3 consecutive seasons but has been so close to avoiding doing so in the last two seasons and must consider himself unfortunate. ForthThistle will be disappointed to finish in 17th after a 4th place finish in S-2. He tied with TightEnd last season so won't be happy to have dropped off the pace so much. 4KSuited is another to have finished in the bottom zone in consecutive seasons and we aren't seeing the same player who finished in 3rd place in S-1, although he has improved on his last place finish of S-2.

The bottom 3 looked nailed on quite a bit from home with celtic in 19th, nirvana 20th and bergeroo in 21st and last place. celtic and nirvana were debuting so could go better in S-4 but bergeroo will need to regroup after his most disappointing season to date.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 17, 2020, 10:06:43 PM »

Thanks again all for entering. I have thoroughly enjoyed the reveal, it worked out amazingly with great stories throughout, and hope you all did too.

Hopefully everyone keen for Season 4. If so, I'll aim for Wednesday for questions with a reveal again on Sunday.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 17, 2020, 10:07:01 PM »

Ironside showed immense improvement to finish in 10th but, again, never really looked like he was a top 6 player.
i would of been 5th with one more correct answer

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 17, 2020, 10:08:26 PM »

Farce of a quiz and painfully slow reveal i could of been down the pub :-)

scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 17, 2020, 10:08:49 PM »

Ironside showed immense improvement to finish in 10th but, again, never really looked like he was a top 6 player.
i would of been 5th with one more correct answer

You know what they say, if your auntie had a dick she'd be your uncle.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 17, 2020, 10:09:31 PM »

Haha, genuinely the fastest I could do it (minus the break of course).
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 17, 2020, 10:13:35 PM »

Great stuff Scotty. Enjoyable reveal as always.
Well done to Rubbish also - 16 correct is some going.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 17, 2020, 10:14:46 PM »

Could have

sola virtus nobilitat
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 17, 2020, 10:15:39 PM »

Brilliant job again Scotty & congrats Rubbish

Lesson learnt from Season 3? Never change the first draft answer - it cost me four correct answers and mid-table comfort ffs
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 17, 2020, 10:16:41 PM »

Wonderful work, Scotty.

Well done...

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: