blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:27:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  How many Fu**ing times is it going to happen?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How many Fu**ing times is it going to happen?  (Read 15041 times)
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2020, 10:04:15 AM »

There is a great deal of inequality in the UK but have to agree that it isn't down to racism.

South asians, in general terms, show that being from a different part of the world or being brown isn't as big an issue as culture.

If you look at the relative success /progress in economic terms of British Indians, Pakistanis, and Bangladeshis it's pretty obvious that race / colour isn't the issue

Good morning

There’s so much wrong with this. The stand out is probably the assertion that people can’t be more racist toward some minority groups than others.

Where do I assert that.. Sometimes Yr a complete fkn idiot

We all are sometimes, aren’t we? It looks to me it’s the premise of the whole post, so perhaps I’ve misunderstood, I’ll look again. I did spend a while trying to work out what you were trying to say though, so maybe some more explanation would be good.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2020, 10:47:26 AM »

My nickname at school was paki so I know what I'm talking about on all matters of race.

Upper case P for Paki please.

The older I get, the better I was.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2020, 10:50:16 AM »

My nickname at school was paki so I know what I'm talking about on all matters of race.

Upper case P for Paki please.

Haha, so sorry

sola virtus nobilitat
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2020, 11:49:54 AM »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OflGwyWcft8

You may have seen this before but it’s truly shocking and no action was taken against the police officer. Beggars belief.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2020, 01:12:48 PM »

You may have seen this before but it’s truly shocking and no action was taken against the police officer. Beggars belief.

I saw that ages ago, and haven't rewatched it, because I remember it was bloody awful.  The officer stood trial and was found not guilty, so some action was taken.  From what I saw the verdict is unlikely to be one I'd come to, but I haven't seen all the evidence.

Another shocking thing is that he was reinstated briefly.  Surely you can still sack someone even if a jury has some reason for thinking there was reasonable doubt?  Making somebody perform tricks and then shooting them seems sufficient grounds for finding gross misconduct even if a jury decided it wasn't murder.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2020, 01:19:08 PM »

Obviously can't see the final moments, but it nothing in the footage to make the police think they are under threat.
Background here.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Daniel_Shaver

Made me think of this line in a piece on the BBC website.
'The real life fear of stopping a suspect who may be armed, in a country awash with guns can lead to bad decisions'.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p08g4kqw/focus-usas-history-with-police-brutality
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2020, 03:38:49 PM »

Looks like he got rehired so that they he could apply for medical retirement, and be eligible for a pension.

Madness.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2020, 04:25:23 PM »

Why ever would they shoot him though? They were in no danger.

Did he not turn and fire the taser at him? At what point do the police shoot?

I've never been a fan of the police, and had my fair share of run ins over the years.

Definitely not one for excessive force, but I'm just not sure what they should do. Let him run off into the sunset with the taser after fighting with them both?

As opposed to killing him, yes of course IMO Mark.

At the end of the day he's just a drunk being stupid.

I'm quite sure the intent wasn't to kill him, but that can obviously be disputed given what transpired. Nothing in the prior 40 minutes gave any indication of them being anything other than professional.

Went sideways so quickly, and I'm guessing he shouldn't have shot him 3x if he has been sacked already.

Not just a drunk being stupid, though. Drunk driver who has been fighting with police officers, and tried to shoot one of them with his own taser.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2020, 04:25:55 PM »

Thought this thread better placed, to save de-railing Mint's superb thread.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2020, 04:40:48 PM »

I've never been a fan of the police, and had my fair share of run ins over the years.

Definitely not one for excessive force, but I'm just not sure what they should do. Let him run off into the sunset with the taser after fighting with them both?

I'm quite sure the intent wasn't to kill him, but that can obviously be disputed given what transpired. Nothing in the prior 40 minutes gave any indication of them being anything other than professional.

Went sideways so quickly, and I'm guessing he shouldn't have shot him 3x if he has been sacked already.

Not just a drunk being stupid, though. Drunk driver who has been fighting with police officers, and tried to shoot one of them with his own taser.

I understand that it went sideways quickly, but these are, (or should be) highly trained professionals who don't lose their head in a crisis and only use deadly force when there is absolutely no other alternative.

By your logic the police could be justified in shooting all the rioters who fight with the police and hurl lumps of concrete.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2020, 05:00:42 PM »

I understand that it went sideways quickly, but these are, (or should be) highly trained professionals who don't lose their head in a crisis and only use deadly force when there is absolutely no other alternative.

By your logic the police could be justified in shooting all the rioters who fight with the police and hurl lumps of concrete.

Agree 100% with the bolded. Absolutely no way someone in that state should have been able to overpower two of them.

I just don't think it's as simple as oh he's drunk just let him go.

I'm often wrong,  though. I think more onus is on the person not to be a fucking idiot.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2020, 05:29:13 PM »

Agree 100% with the bolded. Absolutely no way someone in that state should have been able to overpower two of them.

I just don't think it's as simple as oh he's drunk just let him go.

I'm often wrong,  though. I think more onus is on the person not to be a fucking idiot.

No, not more onus. The onus should be on the people who are trained and paid to do the job.

There are thousands of idiots but the penalty for being an idiot shouldn't be death.

If, (and it's a big if) If the only choice was to let him run away with a taser or kill him it's an absolute no brainier to let him run away.

What if it have been a drunken Donald Trump Jr? Do you think they would have shot him?

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2020, 05:31:27 PM »

Just friendly debating BTW Marky x

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2020, 05:55:08 PM »

Just friendly debating BTW Marky x

Of course, I know that Smiley

I'll agree they should be better trained, and that's definitely a big problem it would seem.

It shouldn't be death, I agree. I would expect to get shot if I had done what he had, though. That's why I never ever fought back whenever I got nicked, even when it was a mistake on their part doing so. I know our police didn't have guns then, so it's different, but regardless.

Again down to training, I don't know what he's supposed to do. I'm guessing he should have let him run away, seeing as he has been fired. So I'm wrong, in that case.

Donald Trump to some random is apples and oranges, but I doubt he would have been able to wrestle his way out of his seatbelt, nevermind two similar sized adults. He'd have likely had a gun, too.

I think they'd have shot whomever it was, if they had carried out exactly the same sequence of events.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2020, 07:23:57 PM »

“ Both the cops were nice as pie all the way through “

They shot him dead as he was running away.

No threat to them.

He was drunk , pretty sure they could have apprehended him in a less lethal way than to kill him .

One shot him, after he'd been fighting them both, and aimed a taser at one of them.

He was drunk, they did try apprehending him in a very placid and mellow manner. He started fighting them.

I don't think killing him was the intention.

If their guidelines say let a suspect flee if he overpowers you and takes your weaon, I guess that's why he has been sacked.

Better training required, and a manslaughter charge for the officer that shot him.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: