blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:53:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  £1500 European Poker Classic at the Vic - LIVE UPDATE DAY1A
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] Go Down Print
Author Topic: £1500 European Poker Classic at the Vic - LIVE UPDATE DAY1A  (Read 50986 times)
wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: March 24, 2006, 04:11:24 AM »

Awful structure and pretty awful tournament in general Sad

Good updates though Wink

We'll never play here again, we'll never play here again...

get over here to the states so we can do some proper drinking and a little poker Cheesy

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
2005 WSOP PLH WORLD CHAMPION
wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 24, 2006, 04:14:55 AM »

John Gale, pictured here lamenting his exit, has exited, at the hands of "lemon" Woody Deck.  John had  for Woody, and apparently most of it went in on the small flop with a couple of tempting spades on it.  A little discussion ensued here over whether that counts as a bad beat, but John certainly thinks so.

Captions, anyone?

just another lucky American Mr. Gayle, what can I say

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 24, 2006, 04:15:58 AM »

Hi guy's,

just got in from real work !!!!,  

great update's , i might pop in 2morrow night for a coffee.

Cupcake.

cup, u should be playing this one!

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 24, 2006, 10:37:40 AM »

I played last night,...and being fairly new to this "live" stuff, I must admit I really enjoyed it ....until getting knocked out by AA of course Cheesy

I would agree about the blinds ....we started on a 45 min clock!(not even an hour as my table were expecting)....then moved to 1 hour blinds....but yes on reflection , they then went up too fast.

On asking how many we were playing down too, they said until 4am!........surely you're looking to take a certain number into Saturday??, with a view to another certain amount to take onto the final on Sunday ??

Good luck to those playing today...I'm back on Sunday for  the  £300 nl ... . and revenge Wink
Micky147

They're Everywhere

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 24, 2006, 11:06:42 AM »

Great coverage all  ty

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo  Onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn  Markkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkky
JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 24, 2006, 11:44:20 AM »

Played last night, the structure was an absolute farce...I just come back from the WPT in San Jose and it took a whole day to reach the blind leves we were at after three hours last night....and then they change the end of play time because they realsie they gonna have no players left, brilliant.

Anyway, have to pass on some tales of Mr Cool, who is such a nice guy he got himself blinded away in the omaha final when I rang to ask him to buy me into the main event last night (wish he wasn't such a nice guy now!).

Early on, Marc gets 66 on the sb. Button raises, Marc all in, bb thinks and thinks and eventually folds, passing 10 10, button calls with JJ....board 6(!) 10(!!) xxx, a lovely double up.

Bit later matey in early position raises, button all in , Marc all in on bb with QQ. Raiser has a dwell and passes, Marc flips over his QQ, button shows AA....and matey tells them he also had QQ! Aces boy tells Marc he's drawing dead, but Mr Cool cooly tells him, don't be too sure about that.

Board J28 10 9......lololol.

The hand with Skalie he told me because of the stupid chip colourings (the 100 chip is almost identical to the 5000) he thought Kal had 8k total, not 16 (he may be cool but his eyes weren't what they were), and I think after playing non stop in with the hi lo final then the omaha then the omaha final and the main event, plus the face his BPO heat is at 8am today (!!) he decided to gamble and the worst that happens was he gets his bed.

Best of luck Marc, a man bang in form
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 24, 2006, 03:15:23 PM »

He has a point the structure is, as per usual for the Vic, very fast for such a prestige event

It kills me, as everyone knows this, yet they STILL pay to play!

I said it last time,, unless the people who PAY to play start boycotting these events (in mass numbers) then nothing will ever get done.

Roll on the spring fest in Luton is all I can say - oh, and see you tomorrow! (well it was a satelite win)

grrr why play it then paul. It's possible to switch grovesnor packages.

The vic has always had fast structures, why player who prefer slow clocks still play there is beyond me!

I actually quite like the structure though! Less time for the rocks to hide!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 24, 2006, 03:22:53 PM »

Are you still in James ? or do you play today?...I will miss out on the rest of the updates as it is my turn to sleep at the hossy... but good luck if you are playing .. Same to the rest of you who are playing ..x

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 24, 2006, 04:24:05 PM »

lol no i can't stand the Vic!

The worst cardroom for tournaments in the country! It's all about the cash there.

Thankyou anyway!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
portfolio

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 24, 2006, 05:36:36 PM »

He has a point the structure is, as per usual for the Vic, very fast for such a prestige event

It kills me, as everyone knows this, yet they STILL pay to play!

I said it last time,, unless the people who PAY to play start boycotting these events (in mass numbers) then nothing will ever get done.

Roll on the spring fest in Luton is all I can say - oh, and see you tomorrow! (well it was a satelite win)

grrr why play it then paul. It's possible to switch grovesnor packages.

The vic has always had fast structures, why player who prefer slow clocks still play there is beyond me!

I actually quite like the structure though! Less time for the rocks to hide!

mail blue square and let them know of your dissatisfaction too, they MAY be able to influence future events.

gl either  way.
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 24, 2006, 06:59:07 PM »

M. Depala               26,875

It's actually N.Depala a good friend of mine.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO Nik!
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #296 on: March 25, 2006, 03:33:53 AM »

M. Depala               26,875

It's actually N.Depala a good friend of mine.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO Nik!

Definitely not Mick?  Cheesy
Eli65
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 22, 2006, 05:15:35 PM »

Great coverage all  ty

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo  Onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn  Markkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkky

I'd like to know about more sources of information about "coverage". Thanks.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #298 on: May 22, 2006, 07:43:03 PM »

Hi

All our live updates will appear on this board.

The next one we are covering is the Southampton Grosvenor Festival this weekend.

The update will appear on this board, probably titled something like, 'South of England Championships - Day 1'

Meanwhile, feel free to roam around our main site at www.blondepoker.com

The tournament diary is in the centre, with the ones we are covering soon denoted by a 'live update' label.

Also, you may want to check up our schedule for the year. This can be found by clicking the link below.

http://www.blondepoker.com/index.php?q=node/471

cheers

snoopy
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: