blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 05:23:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272711 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 ... 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 405289 times)
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #945 on: September 10, 2016, 04:11:41 PM »

Men against boys.

Best Bitter.
swinebag22

View Profile
« Reply #946 on: September 10, 2016, 05:31:42 PM »

Well not technically 'home-grown" but Savage didn't have too long to wait for an academy product to score the winner in a derby for City.

Thought we were great today. Loved Pep's over protection of Bravo after the game.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #947 on: September 10, 2016, 06:04:59 PM »

We were class today. First half was as walk in the park as you could hope for. Never has a £90m signing been so anonymous when it matters.

Best Bitter.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #948 on: September 11, 2016, 07:39:01 PM »

Why has arrboy been banned? PM if necessary.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #949 on: September 11, 2016, 07:51:20 PM »

Hi Lord Alex of Posh,

Argue is not banned, he is now free to post if he so wishes. He did pick up a few yellow cards, but that's history now from this end.

It may be that Stoke's I'll fortune is the problem.  Not sure, but I think he rather admires them.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #950 on: September 11, 2016, 07:52:48 PM »

Stella-related allegedly but he's served his time and is at liberty now.

I've been trying a few Stoke City related lures but he's not bitten yet..

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #951 on: September 11, 2016, 07:53:20 PM »

We've done our best to lure Arbboy back but he's not biting yet Sad

Would love to know his thoughts on Hart's debut today.....

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #952 on: September 11, 2016, 07:55:17 PM »

Stella-related allegedly but he's served his time and is at liberty now.

I've been trying a few Stoke City related lures but he's not bitten yet..

That one yesterday was a purler.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #953 on: September 11, 2016, 08:09:24 PM »

Whilst I'm here, will give some thoughts on yesterdays game now that nearly all the alcohol has left my system.

Think we were thoroughly deserving winners and the margin could've been greater. First 40 mins were dynamite, and we weathered their partial storm pretty comfortably in the 2nd half. Bravo didn't have a save to make, and despite his well documented clangers I saw exactly why Pep wanted him between the sticks (I believe he completed only 4 less passes than Rooney all game).

Fernandinho is a beast of a player, KDB was different gravy, they were the 2 standout performers but everyone put in a good shift. Great to see Nacho involved in both goals, he could become seriously good in the next 2/3 years under Pep's guidance. Kolarov even lost a tooth for the cause! Smiley

Regards to united, one thing glaringly stands out for me from an outsiders perspective; you have Rashford, a guy who is quick, direct and dangerous, on the bench, while the utterly inept Rooney starts every game? Can any united fan shed any light on why this is? Is it yet another manager too afraid to drop Wayne? Let's be honest, he's been average to shit for the last 3 years and is only getting worse as he enters his 30s. Also pretty amusing to see that despite having a squad containing Martial, Rashford, Mata, the Dortmund signing (cannot spell his name!) amongst others, the tactics yesterday for the last 30 minutes were to pump it long to elbows or Ibra and hope for a knock down. Very one dimensional tactics, and I felt we were far more likely to score a 3rd than united an equaliser.

All in all a very satisfying 90 minutes and a good marker put down again by Pep. Could be a few tired legs on Tuesday night so expecting a few changes, then its Bournemouth at home on Saturday. Hoping to see a glimpse of Gundogan very soon, and much more of Sane.

Best Bitter.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #954 on: September 11, 2016, 08:26:46 PM »

I'm hearing the jobbing keeper messed up again on his Torino debut...............
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #955 on: September 11, 2016, 08:46:23 PM »

I'm hearing the jobbing keeper messed up again on his Torino debut...............

He certainly did, not covered himself in glory for his debut Wink

Good article regarding yesterdays game, the tactical battle and where it was won and lost.

http://spielverlagerung.com/2016/09/11/city-dominate-at-old-trafford/

Best Bitter.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #956 on: September 11, 2016, 11:36:10 PM »

Whilst I'm here, will give some thoughts on yesterdays game now that nearly all the alcohol has left my system.

Think we were thoroughly deserving winners and the margin could've been greater. First 40 mins were dynamite, and we weathered their partial storm pretty comfortably in the 2nd half. Bravo didn't have a save to make, and despite his well documented clangers I saw exactly why Pep wanted him between the sticks (I believe he completed only 4 less passes than Rooney all game).

Fernandinho is a beast of a player, KDB was different gravy, they were the 2 standout performers but everyone put in a good shift. Great to see Nacho involved in both goals, he could become seriously good in the next 2/3 years under Pep's guidance. Kolarov even lost a tooth for the cause! Smiley

Regards to united, one thing glaringly stands out for me from an outsiders perspective; you have Rashford, a guy who is quick, direct and dangerous, on the bench, while the utterly inept Rooney starts every game? Can any united fan shed any light on why this is? Is it yet another manager too afraid to drop Wayne? Let's be honest, he's been average to shit for the last 3 years and is only getting worse as he enters his 30s. Also pretty amusing to see that despite having a squad containing Martial, Rashford, Mata, the Dortmund signing (cannot spell his name!) amongst others, the tactics yesterday for the last 30 minutes were to pump it long to elbows or Ibra and hope for a knock down. Very one dimensional tactics, and I felt we were far more likely to score a 3rd than united an equaliser.

All in all a very satisfying 90 minutes and a good marker put down again by Pep. Could be a few tired legs on Tuesday night so expecting a few changes, then its Bournemouth at home on Saturday. Hoping to see a glimpse of Gundogan very soon, and much more of Sane.

The bolded bit made me smile –  you can have top prize for mastery of understatement with that Smiley

After a relatively quiet start to the season KDB was clearly the standout and nothing between Silva/Dinho/Otta.  Good shout out about Dinho tho.  I always get the sense he is underrated by the wider footballing audience (not City fans obviously as POTY last year etc)  but he just seems to get better and better. I’m sure he enjoys not being YaYa’s legs now and for selfish reasons I hope Paulhino continues to keep him out of the Brazilian team.  As for Silva runniing rings round Pogba - well that was a thing of beauty.

What a brilliant game and the 1st half was something else. From the outfielders who started the game the only new players were Stones and Nolito and then taking into account we were without Kompany or Aguero, the side was a similar strength  or even weaker than last season but the transformation under Pep has been extraordinary in such a short time. I think he knows his onions and the work rate was ridiculous. Just on running alone it was 121km yesterday compared to a 107km average last season. Top team last season averaged 117Km so let’s hope the PEDS are good to keep it going.

Early days but so encouraging. Looking forward to see how we get on against a top-side.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #957 on: September 12, 2016, 12:10:26 AM »

The bolded bit made me smile –  you can have top prize for mastery of understatement with that Smiley

After a relatively quiet start to the season KDB was clearly the standout and nothing between Silva/Dinho/Otta.  Good shout out about Dinho tho.  I always get the sense he is underrated by the wider footballing audience (not City fans obviously as POTY last year etc)  but he just seems to get better and better. I’m sure he enjoys not being YaYa’s legs now and for selfish reasons I hope Paulhino continues to keep him out of the Brazilian team.  As for Silva runniing rings round Pogba - well that was a thing of beauty.

What a brilliant game and the 1st half was something else. From the outfielders who started the game the only new players were Stones and Nolito and then taking into account we were without Kompany or Aguero, the side was a similar strength  or even weaker than last season but the transformation under Pep has been extraordinary in such a short time. I think he knows his onions and the work rate was ridiculous. Just on running alone it was 121km yesterday compared to a 107km average last season. Top team last season averaged 117Km so let’s hope the PEDS are good to keep it going.

Early days but so encouraging. Looking forward to see how we get on against a top-side.

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #958 on: September 12, 2016, 10:44:01 AM »

The press are on him now, so he's dead meat.

There was some amusement in the Media that on the Torino Official Team Sheet he had a new name. To be fair, his real Christian name is neither Joe or John - it's Charles. (Charles Joseph John Hart).

Think we should nick him JohnJoe.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #959 on: September 13, 2016, 11:20:40 PM »

Well that was a fun journey to Manchester and back Smiley

Best Bitter.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 ... 164 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: