blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 11:03:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272686 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 ... 184 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2  (Read 371690 times)
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #2550 on: September 05, 2013, 09:23:23 PM »

I just got a bowl job and enjoy life more

Money isn't everything

ENJOY SEX WHILE U CAN MATE !
Lucky

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2551 on: September 05, 2013, 09:47:42 PM »

Money isn't everything

He said "bowl" job!
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: September 05, 2013, 10:18:37 PM »

Money isn't everything

He said "bowl" job!

wp

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: September 06, 2013, 03:01:21 AM »

Money isn't everything

He said "bowl" job!

Incredible gag. Wp

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: September 06, 2013, 09:40:31 AM »

Money isn't everything

He said "bowl" job!

So much win. Anything else I read during the day will be a massive disappointment by comparison. Cheesy
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: September 06, 2013, 11:53:42 AM »

Okay, so it's Friday. That's "content sharing day" in our house; basically where we share with one another all the really cool stuff we've found on the internet in the past week. I'd feel bad if I left you guys out as well so I figure with the return of the diary, this is something I might start doing. By Thursday evening when you're thinking, "does this guy actually ever win a hand? I should unsubscribe," just remember that Friday morning is right around the corner and there's a high probability of photos of cute kittens.

---

I want to start by sharing something that came in the post the other day. I'm currently cutting carbs and counting calories, like a real man. So, to keep my strength up I decided to increase my stack of two whey protein shakes and one milk protein shake before bed, to include another milk protein shake during the day as well as 5g of creatine per day. This is roughly what a 100 day's worth looks like.

Because I'm a regular there, they threw in some bonus whey powder and a pre workout drink which is the equivalent of about 18 coffees!! So I think I'll keep that for leg day and leg day only!

---

This is the song that's been in my head all week. It's not the remix most of you are accustomed to, I'm sure, but give it a go and I promise you'll love it. It goes incredibly well with the sound of rain that's probably tapping against your windows right now.

---

Aaaand, here's someone winning at table tennis like a BOSS.

---

I've been invited to a £2/5 game at Dusk tonight, which is rather unusual. I've no idea who makes up the rest of the lineup or if it will even happen, but all being well I should have some fun stories and some big hands that I can share with you tomorrow.
Derbylad

View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: September 06, 2013, 12:46:07 PM »

Let me just whey in..... welcome back. Look forward to making the diary upon my return.
FredW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2557 on: September 06, 2013, 01:26:18 PM »

I've been invited to a £2/5 game at Dusk tonight, which is rather unusual. I've no idea who makes up the rest of the lineup or if it will even happen, but all being well I should have some fun stories and some big hands that I can share with you tomorrow.

In for the added value.
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: September 08, 2013, 11:41:19 AM »

So the £2/5 never happened. We had a £1/2/4/8/16 for a bit until the Dealer's Choice game opened up, then we had a really nitty £1/2 game. I wanted to help liven things up a bit, but I was so incredibly card dead all night and it's hard to get that momentum going without at least a few cards, 'cause you have to win some of those pots else they just start bluffing you or putting the cape on. Eventually found the and that was more than enough to start shovelling with. UTG+1 makes it £15 with the straddle on, I make it £50 playing another £300 behind, now Mitch flats and the original raiser moves in for £300 or so. I promise I thought about folding for a bit, but figured I was flipping with the guy to my right and Mitch just loves to overcall, I mean he can have aces and kings here but he can also have 97s. Anyway I put it in and so does Mitch. The flop is and everyone looks like they just lost the pot. Turn was a and the river bricks. The original raiser shows for jacks full and scoops the £1k pot, Mitch did indeed have aces and takes the rest. That was worth waiting for. Smiley

I started picking up hands that flop well and getting stuck in, but I wasn't flopping so well! Just felt good to get my brain out of the muck for a bit. At this point, the cap is off, everyone is starting to gamble a little bit, I'm warmed up but I'm stuck £700 and I'm only sat with £450. I decide now is the time to top up another £300 and start getting busy. I immediately get dealt and open her up for £15, we go four ways to a flop of . I know, flop a set on an ace high board with a flush draw there, run better right? I bet £40 on the flop and the straddle checkraises me to £110. I think for a while and make it £225 hoping to get him to go crackers with his flush draws and call with his Ax hands so I can happily jam the turn. He mashes it in right away, I call and the turn and river brick to get me exactly even.

Moved to the £2/2 dealers choice game where we had a lot of fun gambling, but didn't win so many pots! Had a 6 hi-lo pot where it's been 3bet pre (they're gambling in this establishment, call the floor) and we've called the hijack with AKJ234 with two suits. The flop is K Q T rainbow, we pot get it in against the same hand but he backdoors a flush, sigh. There was a PLO hand where called the cutoff with 8765 d/s and flopped a wrap and a flush draw on Ah , and lost to the bare second nut flush draw. Got some redemption in a superstud pot where three of us make the nut 7 low, but I paired my 4 which was good enough for the other half of the pot! I'm not sure how mathematically unlikely that is, but it felt a little bit dirty to be honest! I pot and pat three streets in padooki with the nut 5 flush and hold against two players, one of whom was all in on the first change, the other guy folded the river and we held for a nice pot, to end up a small loser for the game.

The DC broke, but Rob's £5/5 game was still going, so in a small corner of the club they're still playing a £1/1 texas game at 5am. I sat down and immediately got to peeling. Called a small raise with the , flopped trips on . The original raiser pots it for £15, the other player calls, I make it £50, original raiser ships it for £180, other player folds and I call immediately. A spade lands on the river and I sheepishly turn my hand over. Must have been aces. The guy goes like this, "I thought you had moves, but you just play shit. How do you even win money at this game?" Might make that my signature actually... Jack Allen called me "waxy." Still don't know if that's a compliment or not. Finished the night by losing a £200 pot with KK on 7 3 2, where the guy declares it's time to go home and moves it in with the 65, and unfortunately doesn't go home when he pings the 4 on the river. Ended up even in the this game too.

Ten grueling hours of poker, lost a couple hundred, but had a fun night. I've been left feeling unsatisfied lately, be I a winner or a loser, my mood just hasn't changed, I've just been stuck in this lonely position of neutral. The night before this I lost £300 and was a little irked by it, and immediately smiled at the wonder that is feeling something.

I left as a loser for the day feeling absolutely on top of the world.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: September 09, 2013, 01:26:35 PM »

Just for your reference Sean if it means anything.... but both Genting and G in Sheffield have free rake 5-8 and 5-9 until at least the end of this month if you are fancying a change of scenery!

Derbylad

View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: September 09, 2013, 02:21:34 PM »

I promise I thought about folding for a bit, but figured I was flipping with the guy to my right and Mitch just loves to overcall, I mean he can have aces and kings here but he can also have 97s. Anyway I put it in and so does Mitch. The flop is and everyone looks like they just lost the pot. Turn was a and the river bricks. The original raiser shows for jacks full and scoops the £1k pot, Mitch did indeed have aces and takes the rest. That was worth waiting for. Smiley

I seem to remember a similar signature flat from MP with monsters in the 1/2 deepstack when Mitch flatted  . Moral of the story, gut instincts Wink
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2561 on: September 09, 2013, 02:22:23 PM »

Moral of the story is Mitch always has AA in massive multiway allins.

[ x ] twat
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: September 09, 2013, 07:32:44 PM »

I asked a question at the poker table the other day that stunned seven fellow degenerates into a contemplative silence.

Some context: It's 2am at Dusk Till Dawn and I'm sat in what was a pretty lively £1/2 game that's calmed down now everyone who was stuck has left and we're left with winners and nits. From a few tables away, where they're playing a 50/1 game, there comes a collaborative gasp at what I guess was someone sucking out, then a louder collaborative gasp coupled with one gentleman leaving his seat in a victorious leap with both hands in the air. A sarcastic mutter comes from across our table, "huh, someone just won twenty quid." This was followed by some half-hearted chuckles before the table segued back into a straight-faced plateau.

I asked, "when was the last time anybody here was so happy they jumped for joy?"

A combination of despair and realisation exuded from the eyes of everyone present, myself included.

So, Blonde, I ask you: when was the last time you jumped for joy, or were so happy you could have done if it were appropriate?
Mitch

View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: September 09, 2013, 07:40:53 PM »

I asked a question at the poker table the other day that stunned seven fellow degenerates into a contemplative silence.

Some context: It's 2am at Dusk Till Dawn and I'm sat in what was a pretty lively £1/2 game that's calmed down now everyone who was stuck has left and we're left with winners and nits. From a few tables away, where they're playing a 50/1 game, there comes a collaborative gasp at what I guess was someone sucking out, then a louder collaborative gasp coupled with one gentleman leaving his seat in a victorious leap with both hands in the air. A sarcastic mutter comes from across our table, "huh, someone just won twenty quid." This was followed by some half-hearted chuckles before the table segued back into a straight-faced plateau.

I asked, "when was the last time anybody here was so happy they jumped for joy?"

A combination of despair and realisation exuded from the eyes of everyone present, myself included.

So, Blonde, I ask you: when was the last time you jumped for joy, or were so happy you could have done if it were appropriate?

Dominos, two for Tuesday.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: September 09, 2013, 07:54:28 PM »

Dominos, two for Tuesday.

Amateur.

Dominos feedme50 code. Was valid for a week.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 ... 184 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: