blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 02:10:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272685 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 3468 3469 3470 3471 [3472] 3473 3474 3475 3476 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13506216 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52065 on: September 03, 2013, 11:02:48 AM »

Bugger off Jeff. You are like a mini-Chompy.

See you at the weekend.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 11:09:27 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #52066 on: September 03, 2013, 11:08:59 AM »

Good stuff, Jaffa. Let's win stuff.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52067 on: September 03, 2013, 11:09:44 AM »

Advance copy of my draft for elsewhere

Recommendation

Baltimore Ravens +8.5 at 10/11 with x/+9.5 4/5 with x

The Denver Broncos are a tough nut to crack at home at altitude in Colorado. One of the fancied teams to go very deep into the play-offs they have a talented roster. On offense Peyton Manning remains one of the league's best quarterbacks and he has a slew of receivers headed by Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker, joined this year by Wes Welker from the Patriots. On defense they are slightly weakened by the suspension of all-pro rusher Von Miller, the injury to one of the best cornerbacks in the league Champ Bailey and the departure of Miller's cohort up front Elvis Dumervil to their opponents in this game the Ravens.

The Ravens, despite their success last season, are probably under-rated. They've lost some of last year's roster to free agency but remain well coached, well drafted and a team that always out-performs, especially quarterback Joe Flacco. In running back Ray Rice and a very good offensive line they have the ability to construct long drives, espeically with Von Miller absent, and at least keep the score close. Dumervil and his fellow pass-rushers will also be pressuring Manning

It is quite striking to see the Superbowl winner a near 10 point underdog for their first game after winning the title. This has to be interesting, as this should be a very close game. The battle between the two in the play-offs last season that the Ravens won, going into the game as big under-dogs, went to overtime to attest to this. Are the Ravens really nearly ten points worse than this six months later? I doubt it, and would be surprised to see them lose by more than a touchdown (seven points).

Since the 2005 campaign, only one Super Bowl winning team has lost the following year’s opener. That was the 2012 New York Giants, who also failed to cover the spread—something that has only happened twice in that eight-year span.None of those teams have had to start on the road, but the Ravens proved during their run through the AFC last year that travel is no detriment to their success

(sorry for the brevity, am limiting word count)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52068 on: September 03, 2013, 11:10:25 AM »

Brevity?

Wink

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52069 on: September 03, 2013, 11:15:16 AM »

Advance copy of my draft for elsewhere

Recommendation

Baltimore Ravens +8.5 at 10/11 with x/+9.5 4/5 with x

The Denver Broncos are a tough nut to crack at home at altitude in Colorado. One of the fancied teams to go very deep into the play-offs they have a talented roster. On offense Peyton Manning remains one of the league's best quarterbacks and he has a slew of receivers headed by Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker, joined this year by Wes Welker from the Patriots. On defense they are slightly weakened by the suspension of all-pro rusher Von Miller, the injury to one of the best cornerbacks in the league Champ Bailey and the departure of Miller's cohort up front Elvis Dumervil to their opponents in this game the Ravens.

The Ravens, despite their success last season, are probably under-rated. They've lost some of last year's roster to free agency but remain well coached, well drafted and a team that always out-performs, especially quarterback Joe Flacco. In running back Ray Rice and a very good offensive line they have the ability to construct long drives, espeically with Von Miller absent, and at least keep the score close. Dumervil and his fellow pass-rushers will also be pressuring Manning

It is quite striking to see the Superbowl winner a near 10 point underdog for their first game after winning the title. This has to be interesting, as this should be a very close game. The battle between the two in the play-offs last season that the Ravens won, going into the game as big under-dogs, went to overtime to attest to this. Are the Ravens really nearly ten points worse than this six months later? I doubt it, and would be surprised to see them lose by more than a touchdown (seven points).

Since the 2005 campaign, only one Super Bowl winning team has lost the following year’s opener. That was the 2012 New York Giants, who also failed to cover the spread—something that has only happened twice in that eight-year span.None of those teams have had to start on the road, but the Ravens proved during their run through the AFC last year that travel is no detriment to their success

(sorry for the brevity, am limiting word count)

1) Was the earlier advice not to wait a day or two?

2) Is there much difference between +8.5 @ 10/11, & +9 @ 4/5?

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52070 on: September 03, 2013, 11:18:50 AM »

yes we are waiting til Thursday.I 'm just keen as mustard

The key points spreads in the NFL are 7 and 10

7 being a touchdown

7+3 being a touchdown and a field goal

So in practice we can take the lower spread/higher price if its the differnece between 8 and 9 points

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #52071 on: September 03, 2013, 11:21:54 AM »

Just to let you guys know, Jerome was confirmed as per BBC reports on loan for us, so that means we got 4 players in at least. Which equals West Brom, so do not understand how we have lost our bet.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #52072 on: September 03, 2013, 11:22:17 AM »

Really like the Horsey bet.

Same horse ran in same race 3 years ago and travelled very well under a claimer off a 14lb higher mark, so we know he copes with the surface.

He is joint top rated on SL ratings, and has a genius replacing an apprentice off a lower mark.

The trainer is in form with three seconds and a winner in last 6 runners. Now 4-1 with Butter me up.

Only question seems to be on Jockeys ability to cope with the beach.....!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52073 on: September 03, 2013, 11:25:27 AM »

Really like the Horsey bet.

Same horse ran in same race 3 years ago and travelled very well under a claimer off a 14lb higher mark, so we know he copes with the surface.

He is joint top rated on SL ratings, and has a genius replacing an apprentice off a lower mark.

The trainer is in form with three seconds and a winner in last 6 runners. Now 4-1 with Butter me up.

Only question seems to be on Jockeys ability to cope with the beach.....!

What meeting, time, please?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52074 on: September 03, 2013, 11:26:23 AM »

yes we are waiting til Thursday.I 'm just keen as mustard

The key points spreads in the NFL are 7 and 10

7 being a touchdown

7+3 being a touchdown and a field goal

So in practice we can take the lower spread/higher price if its the differnece between 8 and 9 points

Perfectly explained, thanks.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #52075 on: September 03, 2013, 11:27:03 AM »

See you at the weekend.

I wouldnt exactly say a "mini" Chompy....

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #52076 on: September 03, 2013, 11:27:49 AM »

5.25 Lay

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52077 on: September 03, 2013, 11:33:04 AM »

Like Magic best priced 7/2

watching brief at that for all this may be a nice complete the set job for Murtagh

Win Only, I assume?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52078 on: September 03, 2013, 11:37:26 AM »

Like Magic best priced 7/2

watching brief at that for all this may be a nice complete the set job for Murtagh

Done.

Recommended by horsey, backed up by Adzy.

£25 WIN @ 4/1, BetVictor, Like Magic, 5.25 Laytown

ON

17:25LIKE MAGIC (Horse Racing Outright)Odds: 4/1 Stake: 25.00Possible Return:  125.00

JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #52079 on: September 03, 2013, 11:44:09 AM »

See you at the weekend.

I wouldnt exactly say a "mini" Chompy....
Oi, I was enjoying that comparison! I'm gonna blank u at the TfT social and sit in the corner with Tal talking about Strictly, Chess and how tight Glenda's shorts used to be.

Did u know the first picture on google images if u look up Chompy is as follows. Seems somehow apt:

Pages: 1 ... 3468 3469 3470 3471 [3472] 3473 3474 3475 3476 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: