blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 05:37:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272679 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16724 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 583 584 585 586 [587] 588 589 590 591 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1432030 times)
bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #8790 on: January 02, 2018, 07:57:50 PM »

In twickers our boozers were the eel pie, the cabbage patch, the George and just up the road in Strawberry Hill the Walgegrave. In Richmond, the cricketers, the orange tree, the ship and the white cross. Occasionally the Anglers in Teddington, great memories love the area, usually get a night out there at least once a year after a game at twickers  Smiley

can tell you lovethe rugby..

eel pie is good i give you that

the george, hell on earth why anybody would drink there is beyond me, unless they love a punch up at last orders...
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #8791 on: January 02, 2018, 08:13:46 PM »

Used to drink a bit in the Swan, the Royal Oak, and that Apprentice rings a bell. Woodlands was probably the one I drank at most, though.

Can't remember the boozer between Mortlake and Isleworth that looked out over the Thames and you could sit out the back.

The Ailsa, is another.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #8792 on: January 02, 2018, 08:18:15 PM »

Think the Ailsa might be the one I was thinking about.

Iron Bridge used to be good for a bit of Thai Food, too.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #8793 on: January 02, 2018, 08:23:39 PM »

where were your locals marky?

i bet twick the barmy arms and swan , isleworth london apprentice and richmond you must have ended up in park avenue for late night carnage...

Only went in Park Avenue once, and carnage is probably about the most apt word you could have used Cheesy

Little tapas place just up from Richmond station was good. My pal was friendly with the owner, and he used to let us have a late feed in there. Under duress, mind Cheesy

bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #8794 on: January 02, 2018, 08:43:56 PM »

no idea how to post hands but that call by cdarwin with 67 on a96 for all the chips takes some big heart

so fun to watch him play
bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #8795 on: January 02, 2018, 09:13:24 PM »

were was woodlands , lived in area for years but never heard of it.

sorry for derail pads gl tonight
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #8796 on: January 02, 2018, 09:33:38 PM »

In twickers our boozers were the eel pie, the cabbage patch, the George and just up the road in Strawberry Hill the Walgegrave. In Richmond, the cricketers, the orange tree, the ship and the white cross. Occasionally the Anglers in Teddington, great memories love the area, usually get a night out there at least once a year after a game at twickers  Smiley

can tell you lovethe rugby..

eel pie is good i give you that

the george, hell on earth why anybody would drink there is beyond me, unless they love a punch up at last orders...

This was back in my student days, not been to the George since then. Always enjoy a pint of tanglefoot at the eel pie even now though  Smiley
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #8797 on: January 02, 2018, 09:37:53 PM »

Cold deck there, unlucky Pads.

were was woodlands , lived in area for years but never heard of it.

sorry for derail pads gl tonight

http://www.mclean-inns.com/the-woodlands-tavern.html

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #8798 on: January 02, 2018, 10:08:01 PM »

If you're looking west consider where Crossrail is going to be, prices are going to rocket once Liverpool Street/Moorgate is only 30 mins from Reading, Marlow, Maidenhead etc.
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #8799 on: January 02, 2018, 10:16:48 PM »

Thats Buckinhamshire Tongue - I dont think you're £2.5m is gonna get you 6 bedrooms, massive garden and a swmming pool anywhere near a tube line Wink

I recently been dealing some people for business they said to me "I will meet you in London" turns out they were in Luton, I said to them, you know this isn't London unless you want to be really technical. Ok next time we'll meet in London, next time they are in bloody shepperton, which is technically London but over 90mins travel for me. Perhaps we should make a rule that says, if you can't get there on the tube its not London.

I remember living up North, if you were in Leeds and I was Leeds, we'd be 30 mins from each other max, quicker to get Leeds to manchester than it is from some of these London to "London" places.

this was a pretty out of context rant this, posting anyway though as might not get a better spot to bring it up.

Cliffs : I miss leeds

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8800 on: January 04, 2018, 05:00:21 AM »

haha, I live very close to where you guys are talking. Don't want to say exactly where I am for obvious reasons though. Happy to have a beer in any of these pubs if anybody is ever around.

Had some pretty nice runs

2nd in bb530 for 25k

Click to see full-size image.

7th in 2k for 20k

3rd Party 530 for $4.5k

Day 2 in the Super Tuesday, deepish run but couldnt get to last few tables.

Had nice stacks all over today and felt great.

Will keep posting lobby pics, think its easier to visualize and better to look at than just posting txt.

Will most likely take tomorrow off, but if I feel great then will play a lateish session.

Running wise, did 1.6km today haha, any little bit helps even when tired, 5km is v difficult for me atm, but will get there.

Lots and lots of study hours so far, so thats great.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #8801 on: January 05, 2018, 08:02:34 PM »

I'm hours away now, but will shout you if I'm ever back around Twickers or Isleworth.

Congrats on the runs, and unlucky not to bink a 1st.

1.6km is about 1.59km more than I can do Cheesy

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8802 on: January 06, 2018, 02:59:45 AM »

Played 2 short sessions last 2 days.

Made day 2 in $530 4max, lost huge cooler last hand of day for the chiplead,but wte, have nice stack

Had nice run in the 1k yesterday too, was 1/15, but masuronike did what masuronike does! Gave him some shit in the chatbox, but was just good fun.

Other half has some special thing planned tomororow, so have 5 hours sleep now, big day and then come back and try and close this out.

gl this weekend.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #8803 on: January 06, 2018, 04:07:27 PM »

Good luck tonight, Pads!

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8804 on: January 06, 2018, 04:17:02 PM »

Good luck tonight, Pads!

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Pages: 1 ... 583 584 585 586 [587] 588 589 590 591 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: