blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 04:47:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272685 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 487 488 489 490 [491] 492 493 494 495 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2213561 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7350 on: February 22, 2017, 10:06:29 AM »

delightful shade in a radio interview yesterday

Harman on 35yrs working with Corbyn: "I was working on progress for women & getting Labour into government so our paths didn't really cross"

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7351 on: February 22, 2017, 10:37:55 AM »

delightful shade in a radio interview yesterday

Harman on 35yrs working with Corbyn: "I was working on progress for women & getting Labour into government so our paths didn't really cross"

That is wickedly brilliant.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #7352 on: February 22, 2017, 01:40:25 PM »

Forgot to comment on Blair "rise up" speech.

Did make me smile though. The irony is that he completely ignored the British people rising up and protesting about the Iraq War. For this reason alone, the British people will not respond positively to his speech.

No double standards at all.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #7353 on: February 22, 2017, 03:13:27 PM »

Did make me smile though. The irony is that he completely ignored the British people rising up and protesting about the Iraq War. For this reason alone, the British people will not respond positively to his speech.

The irony that makes me smile is that most British people supported the Iraq War at the time, but now pretend they were against it.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #7354 on: February 22, 2017, 03:44:57 PM »

The irony that makes me smile is that most British people supported the Iraq War at the time, but now pretend they were against it.

It's maybe more ironic that if most did support the war it would be because they were lied to about the reasons for war. Lies that have damaged millions of lives and destroyed an entire region. I can't smile about that

sola virtus nobilitat
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #7355 on: February 22, 2017, 03:57:52 PM »

It's maybe more ironic that if most did support the war it would be because they were lied to about the reasons for war. Lies that have damaged millions of lives and destroyed an entire region. I can't smile about that

Somewhat ironic that the public has been lied to about Brexit too.

In 20 years time 75% will be saying "Well, I voted against. What more could I do?"

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #7356 on: February 22, 2017, 04:36:17 PM »

So many issues we could argue about in those few sentences, but I can't see much point in picking through the details again.

People who try, opportunistically, to divert Blair's argument about the EU into an argument about the Iraq War are just being dishonest (jaw-droppingly so in the case of Boris).
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #7357 on: February 22, 2017, 05:15:33 PM »

So many issues we could argue about in those few sentences, but I can't see much point in picking through the details again.

People who try, opportunistically, to divert Blair's argument about the EU into an argument about the Iraq War are just being dishonest (jaw-droppingly so in the case of Boris).

Fair enough. Obviously agree with yr second sentence

sola virtus nobilitat
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #7358 on: February 23, 2017, 03:20:21 AM »

Clearly Brexit and Iraq War agruments are 2 separate things.

The point I was making was not his argument about Brexit but his call to rise up and try to change it.

I don't know the exact numbers on for/against the Iraq War but I think we saw the largest protests on the streets for decades, maybe ever.

People don't forget that Blair ignored those protests and are hardly likely to pay any attention to his calls given that history.

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #7359 on: February 23, 2017, 03:26:02 AM »

https://www.ipsos-mori.com/newsevents/ca/287/Iraq-The-Last-PreWar-Polls.aspx

These seem to be the poll numbers prior to Iraq War.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #7360 on: February 23, 2017, 04:59:11 AM »

Comparison of average opinion polls Mar-Dec 2003 with how people in 2015 recalled it, ie not what they think now, but how they now report what they thought then.

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2015/06/03/remembering-iraq/
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7361 on: February 23, 2017, 10:57:11 AM »

Brexit negotiations might take 10 years - if we're lucky

"Sir Ivan Rogers patiently explains to the Brexit select committee exactly how the EU works, and why everything is going to end badly"

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/feb/22/brexit-negotiations-might-take-10-years-if-were-lucky?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7362 on: February 23, 2017, 02:49:14 PM »

how many of these could you name if shown their face?

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #7363 on: February 23, 2017, 02:58:27 PM »

I got nine

Corbyn, Miliband, Khan, Smith, Ummuna, Watson, McDonnel, Thornberry and Starmer

If I hadn't seen that it was labour politicians I'd have guessed that Angela Eagle was the leader of the greens :/

Hit the post with Burnham, knew he was the hillsbrough guy that is running for mayor of manchester but couldn't put a name to him
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 03:00:00 PM by DMorgan » Logged

ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #7364 on: February 23, 2017, 03:07:18 PM »

Sad to say I could manage the top 15 plus Dan Jarvis.

Struggled with the Blair Corbyn Babes
Pages: 1 ... 487 488 489 490 [491] 492 493 494 495 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: