blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 08:29:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272681 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Capello resigns
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Capello resigns  (Read 32339 times)
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: April 29, 2012, 10:32:40 PM »

Rod nailed it, tongue in cheek or not, Roy makes poor teams better. That's sort of what England need for the Euros not sure he's the right long term choice but there isn't really strong competition which is why I'm pretty "meh" about the situation. I wouldn't choose him or Harry but if they get a crack at it then good luck to them.

This.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 30, 2012, 01:51:41 AM »

Wow

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 30, 2012, 12:15:50 PM »

Everyone seems to think that Roy is the next England manager, but they are just looking at this point. The only reason they have been able to approach Roy is because simply it won't disrupt West Brom's season. Is he a good or bad choice? I don't think he's either.

At some point Harry will get an interview, because there is simply too much pressure on the FA not to at least interview him. But £10m in compensation and £5m in wages for him? It might just be too much after the FA's loose spending on wages for managers. People say he has spent loads of money with clubs, but the fact is he has still achieved with these clubs, so fact is he is a good manager. The players also want him, so big plus.

The one I think would be good for the job, like mentioned on here would be David Moyes. He has done brilliant at Everton without a budget. It will cost the FA a lot less money and he has half a decent brand of footie at Everton.

I am 80% sure it will be Harry though. From what Harry has said today and yesterday, he seems desperate for it.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 30, 2012, 12:23:09 PM »

Multiple sources have confirmed that Harry will not be interviewed

The FA, Bernstein in particular, is conservative.

I don't mind Hodgson, think the gets a bad press because he is (to quote Henry Winter) a broadsheet manager in a tabloid world

In much the same way as he was unpopular at Liverpool because he wasn't Dalglish, I expect the same might happen for England when it goes wrong, because he isn't Harry

Hodgson got the Swiss to 5th in the FIFA World Rankings, has done ok in a lot of places

We have I think only three players of genuine world class: Hart, A Cole and Rooney

In the Euros we have a job to get out of the group. France are more talented than us, Ukraine tough at home

I expect all of that will be ignored though if we fail. The ludicrous sense of entitlement that lots of fans have that England will do well in every tournament seems as misplaced to me as it was 10-15 years ago. Any manager is going to be set up to the fall boy for the tabloids in this environment

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 30, 2012, 01:02:37 PM »

I expect all of that will be ignored though if we fail. The ludicrous sense of entitlement that lots of fans have that England will do well in every tournament seems as misplaced to me as it was 10-15 years ago.

Really ? I agree regards the press overhyping, as per, but unlike other previous tournaments I haven't spoken to one person who even thinks we have a slight chance of winning the tournament. This is actually the 1st tournament where as a whole we seem pretty realistic about our chances, will be tough to get out the group but we should, then we'll need a lot of luck to get any further.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #215 on: April 30, 2012, 01:02:43 PM »

There really isn't much between Roy and Harry. If one is going to cost you £10m in compo and the other one isn't, it's a bit of a no brainer to pick the cheaper one.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 30, 2012, 01:06:00 PM »

We have I think only three players of genuine world class: Hart

After one season at a high level?
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 30, 2012, 01:09:23 PM »

I don't think Joe Hart is World Class either, actually think he's overated albeit he is a good keeper. John Terry has never been up there with the best at int. level, Lampard and Gerrard have also never really done it for England so I'd say just Cole and Rooney.
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 30, 2012, 01:15:01 PM »

Joe Hart is beyond world class

maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 30, 2012, 01:18:01 PM »

The word world class gets branded about way too much.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 30, 2012, 01:18:30 PM »

We have I think only three players of genuine world class: Hart

After one season at a high level?

Has been Man C's keeper for over 2 seasons now, with over 120 appearances

I think he is top class, behind Casillas/Neuer but pretty close. Only 25yo and getting better

My eyes are open wide
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: April 30, 2012, 01:20:09 PM »

We're not going to have another long discussion about whether a particular player is 'World Class', something which doesn't even have a proper definition. are we?

Very few teams would not swap their keeper for Joe Hart - Real Madrid, Bayern, ?

Would Barca swap Valdes?
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 30, 2012, 01:21:34 PM »

I expect all of that will be ignored though if we fail. The ludicrous sense of entitlement that lots of fans have that England will do well in every tournament seems as misplaced to me as it was 10-15 years ago.

Really ? I agree regards the press overhyping, as per, but unlike other previous tournaments I haven't spoken to one person who even thinks we have a slight chance of winning the tournament. This is actually the 1st tournament where as a whole we seem pretty realistic about our chances, will be tough to get out the group but we should, then we'll need a lot of luck to get any further.

Got to agree with Mon - even on this thread there seems a far more realistic view than in previous years. It's quite disconcerting as I'm going to have to find another PC reason for wanting England to lose ;-)

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 30, 2012, 01:22:17 PM »

We're not going to have another long discussion about whether a particular player is 'World Class', something which doesn't even have a proper definition. are we?

Very few teams would not swap their keeper for Joe Hart - Real Madrid, Bayern, ?

Would Barca swap Valdes?

It's all subjective, of course

I'll take Hart A Cole and Rooney as the three Englishmen who would get into most if not all Euro Championship teams

I'll concede that Spain and Germany would happily keep Casillas and Neuer respectively, as would I

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 30, 2012, 01:23:35 PM »

Got to agree with Mon - even on this thread there seems a far more realistic view than in previous years. It's quite disconcerting as I'm going to have to find another PC reason for wanting England to lose ;-)

On here it is quite realistic yes. Not so realistic amongst the jingoistic English hordes whipped into a mock patriotic frenzy by the tabloids, I would suggest

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: