blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 11:02:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272635 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Leeds Utd a sad sad story.
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 168 169 [170] 171 172 173 174 ... 189 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Leeds Utd a sad sad story.  (Read 521058 times)
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #2535 on: October 21, 2012, 10:19:00 PM »

it was a nasty atmosphere from the get go from where i was. After 100 odd leeds fans tried to/pretended to charge the north stand they were throwing all manner of stuff over. Coins and bottles were the most common

There's an attempt by people like the MP John Mann to rewrite what happened last Friday. Says there was a riot in the North Stand by Wednesday fans. You couldn't make it up. He's an idiot.

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/182332-my-email-conversation-with-john-mann-mp/

sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: October 21, 2012, 10:25:40 PM »

Dave Jones has obviously been prompted/told to apologise for slating leeds other night.  I don't think he was wrong, indeed I don't think he should take any blame whatsoever.   The fans who abused him and mocked paedophillia should be rooted out and banned from every ground in the country. 

just lol

biased much?

I am not biased at all, I am not a supporter of any English team therefore I can look on it from the outside and base my opinion on all available facts.

so your conclusion is all leeds fans are vile animals & dave jones is well within his rights to say so?

Not all, but i completely understood Dave Jones reaction. 

Your obvs a Leeds fan mate and you can't see that a large element of your support are scum.   So we need to agree to disagree.

a very small element of every group of supporters are scum, our small element may be larger than others but it still makes up a very small percentage of our fan base.  You are obviously an idiot if you think otherwise.

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
AceHighSuited

View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: October 21, 2012, 10:37:12 PM »

Dave Jones has obviously been prompted/told to apologise for slating leeds other night.  I don't think he was wrong, indeed I don't think he should take any blame whatsoever.   The fans who abused him and mocked paedophillia should be rooted out and banned from every ground in the country. 

just lol

biased much?

I am not biased at all, I am not a supporter of any English team therefore I can look on it from the outside and base my opinion on all available facts.

so your conclusion is all leeds fans are vile animals & dave jones is well within his rights to say so?

Your obvs a Leeds fan mate and you can't see that a large element of your support are scum.   So we need to agree to disagree.

a very small element of every group of supporters are scum, our small element may be larger than others but it still makes up a very small percentage of our fan base.  You are obviously an idiot if you think otherwise.

Yeah I'm the idiot.  lolz.  Ironic. 

sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: October 21, 2012, 10:41:11 PM »

just lol

biased much?

Yeah I'm the idiot.  lolz.  Ironic. 

i'm a vile animal

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: October 21, 2012, 10:44:59 PM »

Dave Jones has obviously been prompted/told to apologise for slating leeds other night.  I don't think he was wrong, indeed I don't think he should take any blame whatsoever.   The fans who abused him and mocked paedophillia should be rooted out and banned from every ground in the country.  

just lol

biased much?

Your obvs a Leeds fan mate and you can't see that a large element of your support are scum.   So we need to agree to disagree.

a very small element of every group of supporters are scum, our small element may be larger than others but it still makes up a very small percentage of our fan base.  You are obviously an idiot if you think otherwise.

A large element are scum, interesting based on what? Just becasue your a neutral fan does not mean you know how to base an opinion on fact which is accurate and valid appriasal of the situation. I go on peoples first hand accounts from both side.

Quote from a SW fan forum by one of there fans

"i hate leeds as much as anyone on ere but the bad tempered atmosphere did happen once those on the north started singing that about the two fans.. sorry but it's true. "

So by some people's logic on this forum and Jones ALL SW fans are vile.

How many Warnock songs were sung? "Die piggie Die" one etc? Yes very tastfull chaps, but then again its all about how Vile the Leeds fans are.

The cliffs to the whole thing are:

There are a group of Leeds thugs that are idiots.

A few need locking up for a long time.

Fans from every club chant stupid things and people get caught up in this mindless act.

A few people just need any excuse to come out with stories on Leeds fans doing stupid things from the past that are irrelevent.

If you provoke Leeds fans about Turkey (which SW fans sung previously at Elland road) dont complain or be shocked you get the response you wanted.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 10:53:23 PM by Acidmouse » Logged
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: October 21, 2012, 11:17:10 PM »

The Leeds fans bringing up the Hillsborough disaster

Must've missed this where I was stood amongst the fans.

Where abouts were you stood? Right at the bottom?

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: October 22, 2012, 01:37:00 AM »

I like Leeds.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: October 22, 2012, 09:10:26 AM »

I like Leeds Nando's in Leeds.
Wink

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: October 22, 2012, 09:30:31 AM »

I used to go to Leeds to buy my fake designer jeans in Jeans Junction, Also could be found stuck to the floor in Majestics now and then.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: October 22, 2012, 10:55:11 AM »

I've been to Elland Road twice.

Once I trogged up for a day trip with my old boss, Pat Foreman, good name for a boss imo.

Second time I stayed with a mate in Ilkley. We walked, we drank beer, spoke to the locals (not too patronising if we could help it) and had a fine old time and Saturday was match day.

Both times we won, first one 5-0 and can't remember the second one but it was a Gooner victory for sure.

Always found the whole area and team to be very hospitable.

sola virtus nobilitat
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: October 22, 2012, 11:02:08 AM »

The Leeds fans bringing up the Hillsborough disaster

Must've missed this where I was stood amongst the fans.

Where abouts were you stood? Right at the bottom?

No, I was talking about after the match.

Some fans blaming bad stewarding and refrencing it to the Hillsborough disaster.

I wonder how long he will get in prison? I wonder if the other offenders who came onto the pitch will be caught?
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: October 22, 2012, 11:22:26 AM »

Damage on the away end - 85 seats ripped up, 4 urinals and kiosk shutters.

Those lads must be proud of themselves.

It is like going back 30 years.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: October 22, 2012, 11:39:02 AM »

The chanting was started in the first half by Leeds fan. They were the ones running on the pitch, charging at the home support, ripping seats up, throwing them and assaulting the Wednesday player.

This is at odds with SW fans forums admitting the atmosphere turned sour when the SW fans sung about the killings. Did you see how the SW fans ran the 20 yards to goad the Leeds fans after they scored? in the stand next to them. The stewards had to get them back from baying the Leeds fans? Did you read the SW forums asking for their fans not to sing about the killings before? like they sung at Elland road last time they were there?

You see I don't mind people dissing vile Leeds fans (and believe me there are a few) but when people come on here and post what they say is fact but does not take into account other peoples viewpoints and recollections of the event then we have a problem.

as to aaron: There were reported problems with the stewards before the game across the forums. Entering the stadium was a problem and very slow apparently, a lot of fans queuing for 30mins to be searched and get in late. I guess some vented nothing new.

Fans running on to the edge of the pitch happens at a lot of games these days, no idea why they do it, what they were trying to do but I guess they get over excited. Really wish it didn't happen not just at that game but everywhere.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: October 22, 2012, 11:47:14 AM »

The chanting was started in the first half by Leeds fan. They were the ones running on the pitch, charging at the home support, ripping seats up, throwing them and assaulting the Wednesday player.
as to aaron: There were reported problems with the stewards before the game across the forums. Entering the stadium was a problem and very slow apparently, a lot of fans queuing for 30mins to be searched and get in late. I guess some vented nothing new.

Fans running on to the edge of the pitch happens at a lot of games these days, no idea why they do it, what they were trying to do but I guess they get over excited. Really wish it didn't happen not just at that game but everywhere.

I would expect problems with a big away support, especially on a night match, but that isn't an excuse, stewards should have been prepared. But however way you look at it, you can have as many stewards as you want, but you can never stop an idiot getting on the pitch.

I can already see the problems that the reverse fixture is going to have.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: October 22, 2012, 11:53:27 AM »

I would expect problems with a big away support, especially on a night match, but that isn't an excuse, stewards should have been prepared. But however way you look at it, you can have as many stewards as you want, but you can never stop an idiot getting on the pitch.

I can already see the problems that the reverse fixture is going to have.

Reading the Leeds forums virtually everyone is sacked off with the idiots and the chants they had enough. Equally they sick of the high moral stance the SW fans have suddenly discovered; like they are angelic in behavior and have had no part to play in this. It is generally now accepted the return fixture will be difficult. I would not travel to Elland road if I was a SW fan.

Whats Jones did though was ramp up the chants he will be on the end off at every game SW play now because everyone knows how deeply hurt he is by it. Sad but true, fans off all teams look for cracks, anything to effect a player or manager.
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 168 169 [170] 171 172 173 174 ... 189 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: