blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:17:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Leeds Utd a sad sad story.
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 ... 189 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Leeds Utd a sad sad story.  (Read 520563 times)
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2655 on: February 15, 2013, 06:00:33 PM »

Robbie Rodgers take a Bow 
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: February 15, 2013, 06:50:48 PM »

Is there any suggestion he was frozen out at Leeds because he is gay?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: February 15, 2013, 06:52:40 PM »

Is there any suggestion he was frozen out at Leeds because he is gay?

Nope. Although I don't think he was given a long run in the team to prove himself, he was injured too much and didn't excel on loan at Stevenage. I just think Warnock didn't fancy him.. 
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: February 17, 2013, 02:26:49 PM »

Soft pen game all over, off out for walk..
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: March 10, 2013, 01:43:28 PM »

For 8m City can have Bryam anyday.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4833628/Sam-Byram-eyed-by-Man-City.html
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: March 10, 2013, 01:49:58 PM »

If Warnock gets your lot in the playoffs it will be a bigger miracle than the one he performed at QPR. At least we had Taraabt.

Morriison for Becchio is looking like a masterstroke. 1000/1 Becchio would have put those cahnces away yesterday.

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: March 10, 2013, 01:55:47 PM »

If Warnock gets your lot in the playoffs it will be a bigger miracle than the one he performed at QPR. At least we had Taraabt.

Morriison for Becchio is looking like a masterstroke. 1000/1 Becchio would have put those cahnces away yesterday.

Morrison has been questioned somewhat since his arrival, but he really has not had that many chances (apart from the 1v1 vs Leekster in the 88th min that cost us the game) so it was good to see him get two yesterday from two chanes. He will score plenty if the team can create a few more chances for him. Becchio imo is not prem. standard, but who knows how it will work out for him.

Leeds have been ultra fustrating recently, threw away a win at wolves in the 90th min, didnt beat Blackburn away when it was there for the taking, 94th min equalister at Leekster and again another 84th Min goal at Palace, clinical in those games at both ends of the pitch and we be comfy 5-6th. Now we fuked, and Warnock will leave as soon as they playoffs is out of reach
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: March 10, 2013, 02:00:15 PM »

Morrison has been questioned somewhat since his arrival, but he really has not had that many chances (apart from the 1v1 vs Leekster in the 88th min that cost us the game) so it was good to see him get two yesterday from two chanes. He will score plenty if the team can create a few more chances for him. Becchio imo is not prem. standard, but who knows how it will work out for him.

Leeds have been ultra fustrating recently, threw away a win at wolves in the 90th min, didnt beat Blackburn away when it was there for the taking, 94th min equalister at Leekster and again another 84th Min goal at Palace, clinical in those games at both ends of the pitch and we be comfy 5-6th. Now we fuked, and Warnock will leave as soon as they playoffs is out of reach

Morrison hasn't played much football this season, so it was always going to take a while before he hit top form.

Alsoa completely different striker to Becchio, if you play to his strengths, he'll be an upgrade imo. Much more of a team player than Becc.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: March 10, 2013, 02:30:59 PM »

Why are Leicester called Leekster?

Would be nice to avoid some of the more puerile stuff on here really. Is a really good thread for debate, normally

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: March 10, 2013, 03:45:47 PM »

Why are Leicester called Leekster?

Would be nice to avoid some of the more puerile stuff on here really. Is a really good thread for debate, normally

i cant spell Leicester and so used what the championship thread had Smiley
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: March 20, 2013, 12:26:39 AM »

http://youtu.be/PQde9QXHFgI?t=35s

made me chuckle. Santa leeds fans
Evilpengwinz

View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: April 01, 2013, 09:28:33 PM »

disco Warnock has resigned!!!! disco
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: April 03, 2013, 12:42:23 PM »

disco Warnock has resigned!!!! disco

Let it settle a few days before posting but here goes.

No one Manager could have done much more than Warnock since he arrived. I think he has done okl given the number of factors pulling against him.

Inheriting a team with one of the worst defenses I can ever remember, an average squad with one or two standout players.

The club buyout was supposed to happen pre-season and herald the new dawn for the club, alas the prudent checking of Bates running of the club meant this took several months and meant no investment and another year in limbo. Literally selling Snodgrass the week before the start of the season and then Bechhio (to be replaced by an unfit Morrison) really sapped the team spirit beyond belief. 

The only thing Warnock could do was bring in average players on salaries the club was restricted to paying, tiny by other clubs budgets in the division. With those restrictions its no wonder we ended up with only one loan player that improved the squad (Thomas of WBA) the rest were pointless fodder.

The £10m investment by the new owners over Xmas on the squad never happened, signing one or two loan players does not equate to improving the squad and another window shut for us improving the squad. At this time we were only 2-3 points of the playoffs and anyone with an ounce of footballing knowledge knew 2-3 Key signings and taking a risk might put us on a good run in what is a very level division. I guess the new owners found out what Bates had done to the club and released they could only plug the leaks until more investors were brought in. What bates did was basically remortgage the club to build on the East stand for corporate stuff, he did so with a loan that was used against our future season ticket sales for the next two years. So in effect the money coming in was alot less then thought, the owners have made good strides at encouraging new fans but its a long way back to where we sunk.

On Warnocks running of the team is where most Leeds fans have been left baffled. Not only have we failed to create chances all season, we have played the long ball, dire boring stuff to go along with it. No one minds the long ball game (as Leeds fans under Wilkinson know) it can be attractive, attacking football if you play it correctly. But we aint, constantly messing with the team and playing players out of position. Lee Peltier for example, EVERYONE could see he was being played wrong but oh know he stuck with him and our defense was a complete joke from it. Playing Austin when out of form, playing Varney on the wing?! Not picking goalscorers, chopping and changing the center backs week in week out.

Even the few wins we have had this season, not one of them has been what you would call convincing, every one has been a complete grind. The flip side is most the defeats (bar 2-3) have been by the odd goal. Over the past few months we have literally thrown away points left right and center, the pattern continues yet Warnock takes no responsibility for it. Even his resignation he said the fans now could blame him for the teams results?! well who else it there.

You really should have gone 2 months ago when it was clear to everyone we are simply not good enough to go up. We don't deserve it and never going to reach the playoffs. Him lingering about has had such a negative effect that you can visibly see the playing shrinking away and hoping the season ends today.

I personally hope we get Brian McDermot in soon, really drop all the cronies that were Warnocks favorites and get us the 2 wins we need to be safe.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: April 03, 2013, 08:55:18 PM »

I wonder where Warnock could go next?
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: April 04, 2013, 03:35:46 AM »

I wonder where Warnock could go next?
i never knew his family were all in the southwest. Says he wants a job a couple of days a week in the midlands

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 ... 189 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: