blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:03:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Leeds Utd a sad sad story.
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 187 188 [189] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Leeds Utd a sad sad story.  (Read 518814 times)
RobM

View Profile
« Reply #2820 on: July 17, 2020, 11:44:59 PM »

We’ve done it people! We’ve only gone and f’in done it!!! We’re Leeds United, we’re Premier League!! Hoping Bielsa stays to see a season in the top flight. My son seeing us there for the first time. Emotions so high. Love it!
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: July 17, 2020, 11:46:46 PM »

Congrats all Leeds fans.   Its about time that a proper EPL club was back.  Fingers crossed you stay there.   Love to see Forest back somehow as well.   Sick to death of Bournemouth and Norwich types.   Really want to see an old school EPL.  Shame Villa are going down.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2822 on: July 18, 2020, 01:46:35 AM »

Congrats all Leeds fans.   Its about time that a proper EPL club was back.  Fingers crossed you stay there.   Love to see Forest back somehow as well.   Sick to death of Bournemouth and Norwich types.   Really want to see an old school EPL.  Shame Villa are going down.

Very much this - too many shitmunchers clogging up the PL. Though Villa could so with a couple of seasons downstairs to give their arse a smack to wake them up.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2823 on: July 18, 2020, 09:23:24 AM »

Well done guys, it's been a long and bumpy road.

BTW- Great thread Dewi.

The older I get, the better I was.
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: July 20, 2020, 09:56:59 AM »

Great bump.

Unreal reading posts from 2006 & 2007. There is one where I describe people like John Carver and Dennis Wise as possibly the answer.

Now we have Marcelo fkin Bielsa. He is getting all the plaudits and fully deserves them for me, it felt like no manager could ever turn this club around. I remember a couple of years ago thinking Phillips, Cooper, Dallas etc. were utter shite and probably League One players. Now see them fly.

People probably going to inevitably get carried away regarding our EPL aspirations for next season though. Recruitment is needed at GK, LB, CB, CM & ST to have half a chance. Lower mid-table for me, and thats fine.

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: July 20, 2020, 05:57:24 PM »

Adding to my earlier post, I've just spent quite an emotional couple of hours reading this thread back. Thanks to blonde for keeping these threads that go back 14 years, really cool memories.

Its easy to forget the torment we went through for years and years, especially in 2007-2012 when the thread was really active and we were really shit, but this all brought it back to life. I hereby raise a glass to fallen thread comrades (they're probs not dead but i have no fkin clue where they are): Linux, Acidmouse, leeds1 and his 1 post in 2006, The Gib, FrankF, Sugardaddy. We're all much older now but we finally fucking did it guys!!!

Its been an awesome few days celebrating. I have though taken a bit of a backseat in the celebrations, drinking from home etc. as still not felt fully confident with the virus stuff and how it might affect loved ones, to get myself to the mass gatherings at Elland Road/Millenium Square. I feel like the 21 year old 2008 version of myself would have been most disappointed (see pic below, if it works).

Truly awesome. My only lingering regret is that I haven't been at the games with my Dad recently, we've had season tickets together for probably 21 years now and it feels a shame we haven't been able to fully enjoy it all together. But its the same for everyone. I just pray fans will be allowed back in the stadium for the first time we play a Man Utd/Liverpool/Chelsea at home. Its going to be epic.

Pages: 1 ... 185 186 187 188 [189] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: