blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:56:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Is it worth women playing poker?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is it worth women playing poker?  (Read 8937 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2006, 05:27:21 PM »

got ya  Cool

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2006, 06:23:20 PM »

Trace, I have had you on my table (so to speak) a few time now, I have some thoughts, not on women players in general, but on your game in particular.

I'm off to Luton soon, are you going? If not, I will drop you a PM when I get a little time.

Might pop in to see the ones sensible enough to get their tickets ahead of time.......if not a pm would be great - thanks!
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2006, 06:41:19 PM »

In a way I understand what you are saying Tracey, however......

I find it is usually the younger players or the sad old (local) men that attempt to outplay me in live games, but armed with this insite i can allow the lovely chaps to build up my stack, as when i catch them they are so easy to reel in they pay me off big time. I used to really let it get to me ,thinking every male out there was out to get my chips because they think of me as weak/woman.....but then hey.. guess what...every PERSON IS out there trying to get.. not only my chips.. but every one else's chips in the  game. If i think a certain person is raising me a bit too often,I shove it all in..  if i am right i then show him the 8 2 off..that's poker,.

I usually find this happens more so in the smaller weekly games opposed to the larger buy in events, where i don't do too badly  when i get chance to play in them. Once I show them I am willing to take the gamble they usually back off, if not tough titties, I will get thier chips eventually.

vinni

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2006, 07:02:38 PM »

ive rate two women players ,(who iv played with ,) i mean beeen on the same table with

the nun is a very good player who is very aggressive .

maria is a player who is not frieghtend to put a re raise in on a bluff .

both very good players indeed.

i`v become cos`s bitch
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2006, 07:05:13 PM »

Vinnie baby.. how are you.. long time no bittie...x

vinni

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2006, 07:11:24 PM »

im not bad considering ,hows the grand bairn ,hope every thing is ok .

bitty whats bitty ,its been that long ,nice to hear from you.

i`v become cos`s bitch
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2006, 08:41:51 PM »

I don't get it.

I my 'Live' life I have faced Clare Smith, AJ's good lady, The Nun, Jen and Lizzy(147) - all very scary in a poker sense.  Are they not all this good?

My main home game has two regular ladies, one a new member who is tight aggressive and proving to be a winner and my misses who is quickly turning into the rubdown king, (We need an etiquette chat) and she cash's regularly.

IMO women are bloody hard work around the poker table.

Having read this to Mrs Kor apparently  "once you get the aggression thing sorted it's all about logic and women just are not aggressive or logical its a good job men are prone to mistakes"

Nakor walks away shaking his head at the thought of Mrs Kor not being aggressive - if only.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
Indestructable

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2006, 08:57:21 PM »

Don't know the stats for this, but isn't it a numbers game ie there is a minority of women in the wsop and therefore unlikley that there will be many ladies at the top of the tree.
I have met and lost to some good lady players and have also lost to Claw75  Cheesy and it is only a matter of time before a lady wins a big tournie.
I would be interested to see a tournie which is split in numbers between men and women rather than having a few token women and see what happens.
They did try the battle of the sexes on tv in the states which they showed on Challenge TV. Can't remember what happened but it wasn't that serious a competition.
I, Zimbra
Fallen Astronaut

"the wind in my heart, the dust in my head"

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2006, 10:43:37 PM »

The 'Battle of the Sexes' I saw on TV had the Men winning every heat, but a woman (Kathy Liebert) won the final for the ladies' team.

gadji beri bimba clandridi
lauli lonni cadori gadjam
a bim beri glassala glandride
e glassala tuffm i zimbra
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2006, 01:27:41 AM »

I think the Nuns point about everyone wanting everyone else chips is a good one - it's not just about men picking on women.
Met Reddog at Luton tonight and he said the same thing - "get the fact that they are men out of your head". The fact that I play poker to play with the men   Roll Eyes makes this difficult to do but I will do my best......

It's all about poker and playing poker to the same standard or better as the others irrespective of gender.

Reddogs quote of the night "When a woman comes over the top of you it's quite scary". I for one can only imagine .....although that image of Mrs Reddog is now scorched into my mind.... Cool
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2006, 01:33:00 AM »

I said, Get the fact that you are a woman out of your head.

Why you no rissen?

The older I get, the better I was.
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2006, 01:36:27 AM »

I said, Get the fact that you are a woman out of your head.

Why you no rissen?

LOL - did you really??? Blimey - there is no hope!  Sorry!
suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2006, 02:53:41 AM »

I haven't played many live games but I must admit I found it VERY scary sitting round a table full of men and the fear of making a fool of myself made me play much more tight/aggressive than I would when playing online.

The last game I played was in a pub and I was told that there were several woman who played regular and why not come along.

One night I thought, why not, give it a go.

I walked into this pub (that I had never been in before) and not one woman in sight, about 50 blokes all staring at me as if I had horns.

So I sits down at my table and there was total silence and im thinking just go to the loo and climb out the window  Cheesy

I say HI to break the ice and asked all there names which eased the atmosphere a bit.

So im sitting there folding hand after hand, hands I would normally play online and im getting my blinds nicked left right and centre. Ive spotted a couple of players have been knocked out and im thinking you are just going to blind out if you dont make a move.

Next hand i got QQ and I thought to myself you are sat at a table online, these are not real people, just play it as you would online and I tripled up knocking 2 out  Cool

After that I was okay, I was bullying big time and I could see the relief on their faces when the table broke up and i was CL woohoo.

Got moved to another table and again they just all stared at me like I had just landed from Mars. Any raise I made they all folded though so at least I had respect LOL

I made it to the last 2 tables with a healthy stack and went allin on a KQ9 flop with 99, unfortunatly matey boy had J 10 so it was goodnight and gg to me but I could see the relief on their faces when I was beat hehe.

I spoke to a young chap who was sat on the second table afterwards and he said well done etc and he said "When you were moved to my table I couldnt take my eyes off your huge stack"

Boy did he turn pink when his mates burst out laughing  
Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2006, 09:55:58 AM »

Dear Ding

at the start of anybodies live experiences nerves are going to be there. I myself was so nervous that I had to wrap my foot round the chair leg to stop it shaking and all I was doing at the time was shuffling.
As regards the women's showing in the WSOP I think it is just an anomaly.
As regards being able to take your chips at the table. I know plenty of blokes at Luton it is far easier to take chips from.

The most insidious of rules are those that aren't rules at all.
They are the limitations that we invent for ourselves
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2006, 11:32:57 AM »

As regards being able to take your chips at the table. I know plenty of blokes at Luton it is far easier to take chips from.

What he said

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: