blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:02:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Quick Hello and P4C
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Quick Hello and P4C  (Read 61766 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: December 06, 2006, 04:34:49 PM »

Ok, the bit I don't understand.

You say have offerd a grant to the hospital which they say they are not in a position to accept

This has not been said, we were waiting for contact from the hospital This has now been made, and I understand payments will be made as soon as Andy agrees with Maureen on the eventual split.

Then you say you will not make a donation to the hospital until you have agreed with Maureen how the money is to be split
As I have said above, on Maureen's return Andy will be in contact to confirm Maureen's wishes.

Then you say you have not contacted Maureen to find out how she would like the funds distributed.
As above, Andy has made contact.

What happened to the donation from Spin palace?
The money from Spin Palace's generous donation went towards other grants that were awarded including, Special Care Baby Unit at the RVI and St Oswalds Hospice Jigsaw Appeal.

Where I think we have fallen down as it were is in not contacting Maureen to keep her informed as to the efforts being made to distribute the money and take her wishes. Again I would block any distribution to anyone of this money in any way without her express agreement as that is what we intended in relation to the event in the first place.

The hospital have NOT said that they don't want the money, however they have there own rules about accepting grants which we need to adhere to and we are waiting for the specific person who deals with this type of matter to come back to us (and have been for some time.

Sorry, perhaps I worded it badly. It's the simple things that I don't understand.

Why contact the hospital to arrange a grant when you haven't contacted Maureen?

Why has the money been lying idle in your bank account for 7 months while Stacey/Maureen struggle to cope?

Why spend money raised at a Reece/Stacey benefit elsewhere?

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 06, 2006, 04:38:50 PM »

Insofar as P4C & Maureen/Stacey/Reece/The Western are concerned, (as opposed to wider issues raised by, for example, Alright Jack) the entire debate is really encapsulated in this paragraph by Tight End.....

"....I am pretty certain from the tone of speeches and conversations at that event that every layman attending was under the assumption that the generous spin palace donation was for the cause for which the event was held....."

I have not spoken to a single individual who thought anything else - everyone understood/thought/assumed that all the money was being raised specifically for the stated cause - improved care & quality of life for Reece.

And from such acorn-size misunderstandings, mighty oak trees grow.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: December 06, 2006, 04:56:16 PM »

Like when you think you have Aces?
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 06, 2006, 05:05:27 PM »

Insofar as P4C & Maureen/Stacey/Reece/The Western are concerned, (as opposed to wider issues raised by, for example, Alright Jack) the entire debate is really encapsulated in this paragraph by Tight End.....

"....I am pretty certain from the tone of speeches and conversations at that event that every layman attending was under the assumption that the generous spin palace donation was for the cause for which the event was held....."

I have not spoken to a single individual who thought anything else - everyone understood/thought/assumed that all the money was being raised specifically for the stated cause - improved care & quality of life for Reece.

sorry, tony but everyone is going on about how much,, i know this is a major factor,but surley a more important note is that why hasnt the money been given !!!!!! this stinks and i feel sick that this could happen to a little kid in need.come on p4c sort it out please
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 08:58:47 AM by sofa----king » Logged

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 06, 2006, 05:34:46 PM »

James (Sofa----king),

It's my belief that all the money (about £7,000 including the Spin Palace donation) raised on behalf of Reece will indeed find it's way to him, & to the Hossie (split 50/50). I'm an eternal optimist, & I've spoken to all sorts of people on this matter, & it's my hunch that it IS gonna be sorted.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Indestructable

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 06, 2006, 05:37:10 PM »

Agreed.

A lot has been said on this thread and appreciate that there are still plenty of questions to be answered. However as Maureen is now away I don't think we are going to make too much progress in reaching a satisfactory conclusion. I am of the view that we wait until she gets back and discusses this further with Andy.
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: December 06, 2006, 07:27:40 PM »

As a person that runs a charity, www.sfcharity.co.uk and have also sponsored a P4C event, in my opinion only, I think the key issues are:

1. Company Stucturing
My charity is not owned by any trading company (such as G4Life) as 100% of all the administration expenses are paid for by my company, sf group, so 100% of all proceeds go to the "good causes". P4C does not have the benefit of a "subsidising company" so have set up G4Life to act as the management company, I have no problem with this as long as ZERO profit is made from the administration expenses and a full breakdown is available to the public.

2. Expense Estimates
Estimating expenses for an event are not good enough, the exact cost should be retrospectively charged with evidence and full back up. Personally, I do not like this set up, I prefer to donate to charities that do not pass 100% to the "cause", OR for a specific item.

3. Proceeds
If this was an event for Reece and the Hospital Ward, all proceeds should have been given to Reece and the Hospital within 7 days of the event. If it was a general P4C event, where P4C allocate the proceeds, this should have been made 100% clear and from these posts, it could have been made clearer.

4. Giving Money
Not donating the money because you have not been asked for it, or do not know where to send it, is not good enough.

5. Customers
In any organisation, commerical or charity, your "customers" must be treated better than this. In this case, the customers are the donators, and the donatees, and there is enough bad feeling here to make P4C review its systems and transparancy.

6. Resources
Running a charity is a serious job, not a part time job. You are asking for people's hard earned money, and their trust, being busy in your own commercial business is irrelevant.

7. Being 100% Accountable
One complaint from a donator or donatee is "1 to much", a charity must be 100% accountable. To continue raising money for good causes, you must maintain the highest possible level of credibility, P4C has not.

8. Specific Projects
I agree with G4L that donations should be spent on specific projects but what the proceeds from an event are going to needs to be made 100% clear to the people donating in that event.

In summary, I believe that P4C / Game 4 Life needs to improve its administration procedures, communciation and transparancy to its donators and donatees. I do not believe for a minute that anything "unethical" has gone on here, just poor systems and controls. I am sure that this thread will will prompt P4C to take a step back and review its operations. P4C and G4L should not take this personally, but listen to the comments. No rational person can argue that this particular charity project has been handled well.

Rob 

« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 07:40:10 PM by robyong » Logged
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 06, 2006, 07:32:13 PM »

With yet another request for transparency come on G4L do your stuff. Provide the info and put peoples minds at rest.
TheJagster

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 06, 2006, 08:24:39 PM »

There have been a lot of posts since I last logged in.

I have already given as much assurance as I can that all of the events surrounding this matter will be investigated and action taken.

I have spoken to one of the other trustees and can confirm that we are taking steps as soon as is practical to put this in order as far as is possible. This will not happen overnight but WILL happen as fast as it can.

There are other people to speak to and information to gather. As soon as we can report further we will but in the meantime I have to ask that you give us the time to deal with this in a correct manner.

I have spoken to Tikay (as he has said) and to other people involved the event and believe me action will be taken to rectify this.

Andy

26. Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 06, 2006, 09:24:55 PM »

There have been a lot of posts since I last logged in.

I have already given as much assurance as I can that all of the events surrounding this matter will be investigated and action taken.

I have spoken to one of the other trustees and can confirm that we are taking steps as soon as is practical to put this in order as far as is possible. This will not happen overnight but WILL happen as fast as it can.

There are other people to speak to and information to gather. As soon as we can report further we will but in the meantime I have to ask that you give us the time to deal with this in a correct manner.

I have spoken to Tikay (as he has said) and to other people involved the event and believe me action will be taken to rectify this.

Andy

And I think, at this juncture, we should indeed give Jagster some time to respond in depth, as he has suggested he will. We should also appreciate that Ang has her kids to look after, & her hubbie is in hossie, so I believe Jagster should be our point of contact.

daveymck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: December 06, 2006, 10:13:19 PM »

I havent read through the whole thread yet but dont understand the hospital not being able to accept any money, I worked in NHS finance for ten years so have a bit of experience in this.

Hospitals have what are called trust funds for any donations that people wish to give that are ringfenced off totally from normal budgeted funds (and saving cuts), generally if you donate to a Ward then the Ward will get those general funds to use as they wish, normally it would be used for equipment whether a tv for the patents a new blood monitor or whatever.  However you can specify what your donation goes towards for example large donations from a will might be specific that it has to be on a capital project for children or whatever.

I am surprised there is any issue around this aspect of the donation as this is pretty standard for any NHS trust.

I have been at a P4c event and seen how passionate davey was about it, I would be very disapointed if anything untoward is going on.

Edit after reading the thread,  there are semantics over a grant/donation I think above still stands you can make a grant (its money to a trust fund however you want to dress it) and specifically say what it must be spent for, again this doesnt seem unstandard from my experience.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 10:26:30 PM by daveymck » Logged
AlrightJack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: December 07, 2006, 06:52:15 PM »

Any further news on this yet?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 07, 2006, 06:54:18 PM »

And I think, at this juncture, we should indeed give Jagster some time to respond in depth, as he has suggested he will.

more than 24 hours I suggest, as I expect there are some big issues being addressed

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: December 07, 2006, 07:22:00 PM »

And I think, at this juncture, we should indeed give Jagster some time to respond in depth, as he has suggested he will.

more than 24 hours I suggest, as I expect there are some big issues being addressed

they distribute big issues as well ?

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 08, 2006, 12:45:46 AM »

Any news?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: