blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:04:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Quick Hello and P4C
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Quick Hello and P4C  (Read 61696 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 06, 2006, 01:06:05 AM »

Another post deleted

It looks like there will be a post tomorrow with some facts and figures that will I trust help resolve the issue.

Until then, the mods here will continue to delete inflammatory posts with insinuations and references to matters that are raised off public areas of the forum.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 06, 2006, 01:21:09 AM »

3  why dint the owner of the charity come on here and defend his self?

Would there be any reason why you don't get up off your backside and go to him? Let's just wait - Jeez. Sometimes, if you complain, you can wait fourteen days for a reply and that's to a big company who have a complaints department. This guy is being very patient and polite and asking for a bit of time.

Respect his wishes and also those of Trace - just back off. Please consider Trace's request for a lock down. This is quite distressing.
for 1, i wouldn't need to get off my backside if the information from POKER 4 CHARITY was TRANSPARENT and open which myself and a lot of other people DONT think it has been......

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
TheJagster

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 06, 2006, 10:01:43 AM »

OK then folks......here are some facts and figures as far as I am able which I hope will clear up the concerns expressed on this forum.

The total amount raised through the poker event after the giving of prizes was £2,437.50.

In addition personal donations and miscellaneous monies (including the raffle) increased this to a final total raised for the event as a whole of £3,165.50.

Other than money paid to Reece for a specific purpose agreed with Maureen and Stacey, this money is still available.

Some is for the awarding of a grant to Booth Hall Hospital and some still to go to Reece. As to how this is or should be split I want to speak to Maureen about this.
It has been suggested here that the split was understood to be 50/50. If that is Maureen's wishes then I am happy with this but this was not my understanding at the time and of paramount importance to me is that the money is granted in the way that Maureen and her family want.

To clarify the situation with the hospital I personally called them yesterday and received EXACTLY the same responses that Davey has in the past. I am therefore waiting for THEM to call me back. If and when they do I will confirm this to you.

I also want to put on record that I am personally distraught not at the questions raised here nor at the suggestions of how we might have avoided this situation, but at the way they have been voiced. I am going to devote time to a separate thread or post to comment on this fully shortly.

I have previously explained how money we raise is distributed by grant rather than by donation and I do not intend to repeat myself.

To reiterate however how the money has and is to be distributed is and always has been something that we wish to do in accordance with Maureen's wishes. As you know she is away at a poker event at the moment and I will hopefully speak to her when she gets back and discuss this with her (and congratulate her on a wonderful final table performance in St Maarten  (I cant find a fingers crossed smilie but insert it here!))

Other questions that are sensibly put and understandable I will of course try to answer.

Andy.

26. Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 06, 2006, 10:21:13 AM »

Andy if you say this money is still available to Maureen and Stacey,why still have they not received it, dont you think its been a long time to sorted?
OK if the hospital wont take it (strange) but if you've personally spoke to the hospital and they wont except it, then thats their prerogative.

1 last thing if this is OK to ask ,what was the responce that you had from the hospital when you phoned them about this matter? the EXCACT same answer that Davey newth has had in the past,(you didn't say)and what would have happened if this were not brought to your attention ?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 10:28:30 AM by sofa----king » Logged

TheJagster

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 06, 2006, 10:29:56 AM »

Andy if you say this money is still available to Maureen and Stacey,why still have they not received it, dont you think its been a long time to sorted?
OK if the hospital wont take it (strange) but if you've personally spoke to the hospital and they wont except it, then thats their prerogative.

Yes to the first point. I do and if we have delayed this, unwittingly I emphasis, then I can only apologise.

Where I think we have fallen down as it were is in not contacting Maureen to keep her informed as to the efforts being made to distribute the money and take her wishes. Again I would block any distribution to anyone of this money in any way without her express agreement as that is what we intended in relation to the event in the first place.

The hospital have NOT said that they don't want the money, however they have there own rules about accepting grants which we need to adhere to and we are waiting for the specific person who deals with this type of matter to come back to us (and have been for some time.

26. Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
TheJagster

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 06, 2006, 10:34:28 AM »

and to answer your amended post.......

Ive made it clear what the response was. There is a specific person who deals with this and they are not available but will call us back.

To repeat this is the SAME response that Davey has had both in the past and in the last few days when he has called also. I am NOT in a position simply to send a cheque addressed to the hospital. If we still have no response when I speak to Maureen then I will ask HER what she wants us to do.

byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 06, 2006, 10:50:32 AM »

Tx for repling to Jane but it still has not been stated as to how much exactly was raised, Trace quotes London poker girl as saying 4750 was raised on the day, does this take into account the money donated from Spin Palace 3.5k plus 300 from the Western club owners which means that the actual rebuys and the auction raised £950.00.

final total raised for the event as a whole of £3,165.50.

Am I being thick here? £3.5K from spin palace > £3165.50??? Or was the spin palace donation in US $?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 06, 2006, 10:56:14 AM »

my understanding was as follows:

event on day made 4700, half to prize pool (I was there, donated heavily via rebuys and saw money counted by three people, and then got £500 or so for finishing second. Lets say a standard payout structure gave 2nd 20% or so, so £1000 gross seems about right)

spin palace donated 3500

raffle, further donations made x (not sure)

how do we arrive at 3150 only?

Sorry Andy, but I think a full breakdown may be required.

My eyes are open wide
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 06, 2006, 11:12:15 AM »

Andy

Thank you for responding again.

One obvious question which I can see from the content of this thread is that Maureen's original post mentions a donation of £3,500 from Spin Palace poker.

The figure of £2,437.50 you quote in your response implies that the total amount raised (assuming a 50:50 split to the prize fund) was £4,875 which appears consistent with the reports on the thread at the time (which quoted £4,750 as the amount raised on the day).

I assume this figure of £4,875 is therefore the amount raised from player buy-ins on the day, but does not reflect this donation from Spin Palace.  Could you please confirm this is the case and, assuming so, could someone please clarify what became of this donation.  Did P4C receive these funds at a later stage?  Perhaps AndrewT could also clarify the position from Spin Palace's point of view with regard to this donation.

I ask this because this donation appears to me to be the cause of the perceived discrepancy in the amount of money raised from the event.  If it is part of the £4,875 total then that means only £1,375 came from player's buy-ins on the day.  It is a documented fact that one blondeite single-handedly contributed £680 in buy-ins which would mean that the remaining 40 odd players (from memory) on the day only contributed £695 between them.  This appears to be a low figure which is why I assume that the Spin Palace donation is not part of the total you have quoted.

I'm asking this, not to cast aspersions at anyone or to point the finger.  Its just that, with my accountant's hat on, this looks to me to be where the discrepancy lies between Maureen's perception of the amount raised and the figures you have quoted.

Sheriff

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 06, 2006, 11:21:37 AM »

Andy

Thank you for responding again.

One obvious question which I can see from the content of this thread is that Maureen's original post mentions a donation of £3,500 from Spin Palace poker.

The figure of £2,437.50 you quote in your response implies that the total amount raised (assuming a 50:50 split to the prize fund) was £4,875 which appears consistent with the reports on the thread at the time (which quoted £4,750 as the amount raised on the day).

I assume this figure of £4,875 is therefore the amount raised from player buy-ins on the day, but does not reflect this donation from Spin Palace.  Could you please confirm this is the case and, assuming so, could someone please clarify what became of this donation.  Did P4C receive these funds at a later stage?  Perhaps AndrewT could also clarify the position from Spin Palace's point of view with regard to this donation.

I ask this because this donation appears to me to be the cause of the perceived discrepancy in the amount of money raised from the event.  If it is part of the £4,875 total then that means only £1,375 came from player's buy-ins on the day.  It is a documented fact that one blondeite single-handedly contributed £680 in buy-ins which would mean that the remaining 40 odd players (from memory) on the day only contributed £695 between them.  This appears to be a low figure which is why I assume that the Spin Palace donation is not part of the total you have quoted.

I'm asking this, not to cast aspersions at anyone or to point the finger.  Its just that, with my accountant's hat on, this looks to me to be where the discrepancy lies between Maureen's perception of the amount raised and the figures you have quoted.

Sheriff
very good questions,but still,, regardless whether it be £10 or a £1,000,000 pounds why STILL has there been no payment ? too the hospital or reece ?? nearly 7 months...

Ginger
Queen of Purple

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 06, 2006, 11:25:50 AM »

From what I am aware Spin Palace's donation what partly for their Corporate sponsorship of GameforLife, this starts at £1000 per year.

“Half a truth is often a great lie.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 06, 2006, 11:28:09 AM »

As a point of further clarification to everyone, I was lucky enough to win the event on the day.  I've just checked back into my records and these show the 1st prize money to have been £890.  Using my earlier assumptions, this would represent 36.5% of the total prize fund of £2,437.50.  This doesn't look to be an unreasonable percentage for a 1st place distribution so would appear to me to be to be consistent with the figures Andy has quoted regarding the prize pool raised on the day.

Sheriff

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 06, 2006, 11:34:44 AM »

and to reiterate, my share of prize monies for second place seems consistent too

My eyes are open wide
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 06, 2006, 02:18:58 PM »

any answers to any of the above please ?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 06, 2006, 03:24:22 PM »

I can clarify the position with the donation from Spin Palace as follows.

The donation was brokered by Andrew T, who works for Spin Palace.

I believe it was the intention of Andrew and Spin Palace that the money went to "the Maureen/Stacey/Reece" fund/cause, howsoever it was decided to spend that. (We know that Maureen was under the impression that the money was to be spent 50/50, 50% direct to Reece (via Stacey of course) & 50% to the Hossie).

However, Andrew/Spin Palace never specified that the money was to go to the Maureen/Stacey/Reece fund, even though it was their wish that it would, because they had only got involved because they become aware of Reece's plight on blonde. But so long as it went to P4C related causes, their view is OK, that's cool, though they intended it to go to Reece, and are disappointed if it did not, but as long as it went to a P4C worthy cause, Spin Palace/Andrew are fine with it.

One can now see how these misunderstandings can arise, & why Jagster omitted the £3,000 from the total figure raised for Maureen.

The actual (and most generous) amount donated by Spin Palace was, if my recollection is correct, approximately £3,500, in two payments, being £3,000 for the Charity, (P4C), & £500 to G4L Enterprises Ltd, for Administrative expenses.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: