blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:27:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Quick Hello and P4C
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Quick Hello and P4C  (Read 61773 times)
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 06, 2006, 03:33:01 PM »

what would £500.00 be for expenses when it was all given free by the western  ??

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: December 06, 2006, 03:33:14 PM »

Ok, the bit I don't understand.

You say have offerd a grant to the hospital which they say they are not in a position to accept

Then you say you will not make a donation to the hospital until you have agreed with Maureen how the money is to be split

Then you say you have not contacted Maureen to find out how she would like the funds distributed

What happened to the donation from Spin palace?

The older I get, the better I was.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: December 06, 2006, 03:41:44 PM »

I can clarify the position with the donation from Spin Palace as follows.

The donation was brokered by Andrew T, who works for Spin Palace.

I believe it was the intention of Andrew and Spin Palace that the money went to "the Maureen/Stacey/Reece" fund/cause, howsoever it was decided to spend that. (We know that Maureen was under the impression that the money was to be spent 50/50, 50% direct to Reece (via Stacey of course) & 50% to the Hossie).

However, Andrew/Spin Palace never specified that the money was to go to the Maureen/Stacey/Reece fund, even though it was their wish that it would, because they had only got involved because they become aware of Reece's plight on blonde. But so long as it went to P4C related causes, their view is OK, that's cool, though they intended it to go to Reece, and are disappointed if it did not, but as long as it went to a P4C worthy cause, Spin Palace/Andrew are fine with it.

One can now see how these misunderstandings can arise, & why Jagster omitted the £3,000 from the total figure raised for Maureen.

The actual (and most generous) amount donated by Spin Palace was, if my recollection is correct, approximately £3,500, in two payments, being £3,000 for the Charity, (P4C), & £500 to G4L Enterprises Ltd, for Administrative expenses.

This is all correct.

I just assumed that when I was asked to sponsor an event, which was clearly stated as being in aid of Reece/Stacey, and put money towards it, that's where the money would be going. As Tikay said, there was nothing explicitly stating this in writing, it was kind of implied, which is where the misunderstanding arises from.

what would £500.00 be for expenses when it was all given free by the western  ??

The £500 was a payment to the Game4Life business - as Ang explained earlier there are very strict rules about how charities can operate. They are a business with staff/running costs etc, and the £500 was for this - it has to be paid separately from a pure donation. For example, there was a trophy for the winner of the tournament - this was paid for out of the £500.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: December 06, 2006, 03:45:42 PM »

I just assumed that when I was asked to sponsor an event, which was clearly stated as being in aid of Reece/Stacey, and put money towards it, that's where the money would be going

I think a lot of people made that assumption, I certainly did.

The older I get, the better I was.
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 06, 2006, 03:48:49 PM »

i was told by ang that she runs this business single handedly on a wage of £155.00 a week.......written in her own hand...sorry if im mistaken but black and white ....is normally right.....

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 06, 2006, 03:53:08 PM »

i was told by ang that she runs this business single handedly on a wage of £155.00 a week.......written in her own hand...sorry if im mistaken but black and white ....is normally right.....

I might be able to help here.

There are expenses involved in an event like this, such as the trophy. There are also travel and accommodation considerations for the trustee's at these events (and when the trustee's meet outside of these events)

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
North Angel

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 06, 2006, 03:53:26 PM »

Ok, the bit I don't understand.

You say have offerd a grant to the hospital which they say they are not in a position to accept

This has not been said, we were waiting for contact from the hospital This has now been made, and I understand payments will be made as soon as Andy agrees with Maureen on the eventual split.

Then you say you will not make a donation to the hospital until you have agreed with Maureen how the money is to be split
As I have said above, on Maureen's return Andy will be in contact to confirm Maureen's wishes.

Then you say you have not contacted Maureen to find out how she would like the funds distributed.
As above, Andy has made contact.

The money from Spin Palace's generous donation went towards other grants that were awarded including, Special Care Baby Unit at the RVI and St Oswalds Hospice Jigsaw Appeal.

When you tell your version of events make sure you have proof to back up your mouth!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 06, 2006, 03:54:34 PM »

Earlier in the thread, Jagster wrote.....

"......CONCLUSION - I will try my utmost to sort this out and am sorry that I wasn't aware of it sooner. This is important. Tikay seems to have had the time to speak to everyone concerned other than anyone at P4C.

If I had known about this earlier I would have done something earlier and some of the embarrassment and distress could have been avoided.

(Tony- I have PM'd my number - please call me - there are matters in your earlier post I want to discuss with you personally.)

Thanks all for listening. I will post on this subject again when I have positive news.

Andy   (Chairman - Game For Life)......."

I would comment thus......

"tikay has had time to talk to everyone". The reality is slightly different, & most folks know I have diary & time problems. But I DO have time to listen to everyone who tell me things, & read all the PM's & e-Mails I have received from various folks about this matter. So no, I don't have time to talk to everyone, but if info is sent to me, or I am told things, yes, I have time to listen.  And given the position I hold in blonde, one can understand why blondeites would decide that I am the person with whom they should rise their concern as to money raised via blondeites. And lots of them did! So yes, I have a handle on folks concerns in the matter, & I believe I have presented the facts as I know them in a wholly fair & even-handed manner.

Jagster (Andy) asked me to ring him & chat, & I have done that. We had a most amicable conversation over 30 minutes or so, & that has improved Andy's understanding of some issues. We have agreed to talk further in due course.

I think it's fair to say that Andy now better understands my position.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: December 06, 2006, 03:55:24 PM »

I wouldnt have thought there would be a problem in ensuring that the £3000 does indeed end up where Spin Palace wanted it to go. If the other money (the part going directly to Maureen, Reece & Stacey) has not been given out I assume the £3000 hasnt been distributed through grants to other causes as yet.

Edited after a reply posted as I typed. I find the fact that the money has already been spent extremely concerning in the light of AndrewT's post.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 03:58:16 PM by Rooky9 » Logged

North Angel

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 06, 2006, 03:56:16 PM »

I do NOT run the charity single handedly, I am just a volunteer for the charity, Davey is the only one that takes a wage of the £155 per week!!!

Ang x x

When you tell your version of events make sure you have proof to back up your mouth!
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 06, 2006, 04:03:37 PM »

my understanding was as follows:

event on day made 4700, half to prize pool (I was there, donated heavily via rebuys and saw money counted by three people, and then got £500 or so for finishing second. Lets say a standard payout structure gave 2nd 20% or so, so £1000 gross seems about right)

spin palace donated 3500

raffle, further donations made x (not sure)

how do we arrive at 3150 only?

Sorry Andy, but I think a full breakdown may be required.

This would be great - as I said earlier complete transparency in these issues is essential when there has been a misunderstanding.

There is nothing as clear as real figures, and unless you are a city fund manager it's difficult to fudge the facts. ( This is a tongue in cheek joke about Tightys former career)  Roll Eyes

So a full breakdown of monies received, what has been spent already - if any - and where,  and what has been earmarked for other projects if the intention was not to use it for Reece etc.

Lets keep it nice and simple, if you want to send 1/2 to the hospital can you confirm how much half is - thanks.

Tracey
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 04:27:23 PM by Dingdell » Logged
AlrightJack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: December 06, 2006, 04:10:32 PM »

What is really needed is a full breakdown for every P4C event, not just for the Reece event.  A quick look at the Grants page of the Game4Life website shows roughly £10,000 value in grants has been awarded across all grants awarded. How much has been raised in total, not including corporate or private memberships?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 06, 2006, 04:22:13 PM »

I must say personally that I find it very odd that the Spin Palace money is not going to Reece/Stacey/Maureen as it was intended, even if it was implied not specified in writing

I am pretty certain from the tone of speeches and conversations at that event that every layman attending was under the assumption that the generous spin palace donation was for the cause for which the event was held.

I though accept that there is a misunderstanding on this and do not apportion any blame for it. It does though highlight that greater openess in such matters would be welcomed

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 06, 2006, 04:29:46 PM »

I must say personally that I find it very odd that the Spin Palace money is not going to Reece/Stacey/Maureen as it was intended, even if it was implied not specified in writing

I am pretty certain from the tone of speeches and conversations at that event that every layman attending was under the assumption that the generous spin palace donation was for the cause for which the event was held.

I though accept that there is a misunderstanding on this and do not apportion any blame for it. It does though highlight that greater openess in such matters would be welcomed

Agreed - and if it hasn't been apportioned to anything else surely the charity wouldn't have any ojections to it going to the recipients the majority of people thought it was going to in the first place? Thsi is why I think clear info about what has already been used would be very helpful - saves a lot of confusion.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 06, 2006, 04:33:02 PM »

The money from Spin Palace's generous donation went towards other grants that were awarded including, Special Care Baby Unit at the RVI and St Oswalds Hospice Jigsaw Appeal.

Dingdell, it appears that the donation has been spent

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: