blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 11, 2024, 04:29:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272978 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Quick Hello and P4C
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Quick Hello and P4C  (Read 62789 times)
the-oneeye

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: December 14, 2006, 12:57:44 AM »

Many thanks for sorting this out tikay.

A|nd sorry sofa nothing in my posts was aimed at you.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 14, 2006, 12:58:41 AM »

There we go, much better!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
jezza777

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 14, 2006, 01:08:13 AM »

I am pleased that some progress was made this evening and I wish Maureen and her family all the best.

Ariston has said that a lot of people are biting their tongue on this thead and he is spot on. I have found this thread uncomfortable reading at times and am very disturbed about how P4C have conducted themselves. Now we discover that only 30%, 0.30p in every £1.00 actually gets to the good cause. In other words it costs 0.70p in admin and "unexpected costs" for every £1 given. Does anyone else find this surprising?
This is at best poor management and at worst ....... well I had better bite my tongue again.

jezza
Poppet7
Little Madam!

Lucky Lady

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 14, 2006, 01:10:54 AM »

Very very pleased to hear that it has been sorted out and Maureen and her family are receiving the money they deserve. Smiley

In my opinion, 30% isn't enough to go to good causes. I'm a bit disappointed at that.

ariston

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 14, 2006, 01:17:27 AM »

As far as I am concerned its a good start but i like others find it discusting that 70p in every pound goes on fees/administration instead of to good causes. If this is the best the charity can be run I would suggest it ceases trading as one ASAP as now these figures have been disclosed I would doubt anybody would support future events.

Very well done to Tony and Tom for going to this meeting and getting a cheque but I still feel a lot needs to be done about the future of P4C. I for one would still like to do something for Maureen and Reece as do a lot of people who have pm'd me but i will leave that entirely to you tony, if you decide extra funds are required please let me know how I can help.

ariston

better lucky than good
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 14, 2006, 01:19:07 AM »

Well done Tony and Tom. upmost respect for you taking time to get things sorted.

I must add I find that only 30% going to the charitable causes and the rest being swallowed up by administration and expenses is totally disgraceful,
Its only my opinion but im entitled to it

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
Poppet7
Little Madam!

Lucky Lady

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 14, 2006, 01:24:01 AM »

Just to add. I'm not sure whether this percentage is similar to other charities but it does seem very low, in my opinion. If anything came up similar to this, for example, we were raising money for a specific person/cause I would rather just donate my money straight to them from now on, so I know that 100% of MY money is being given.

ariston

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 14, 2006, 01:29:34 AM »

Can't help wondering what % is given by Rob's charity. Maybe interesting to find out what goes to good causes from a "reputable" charity. I am sitting here in complete and utter shock at the 30% figure. I can't believe anyone could even try to justify 70p in every pound going on costs. All I can say is please everyone keep calm and keep the thread as reasonable as possible, I am sure tensions will be running quite high at the revelations.

ariston

better lucky than good
gmoneyAK

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 14, 2006, 01:33:34 AM »

ive not posted on this thread till now. FIrst of all well done to tony and red dog for working it all out. They have given up theit time and it only goes to show what a great bunch of people inhabit the blonde world. So well done.

The amount is a great amount to be receiving but like others i find 70% of funds not going to the causes appaling. I dont know what the normal amount for a charity is but like poppet says i would rather give the money straight to the person to avoid these costs.

Finally i didnt know about the event and only know what i have read here but its my understanding that most people at the event felt all the money was going to Maureen and reece which still leaves £2000 of spin palace money in the wrong hands.

It is great that a decent amount has finally reached its destination but still not the full amount and still not in a way that leaves a sweet taste in the mouth.

Well done once again tikay and red true gents giving up your own time for the benefits of others.
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 14, 2006, 01:36:58 AM »

ive not posted on this thread till now. FIrst of all well done to tony and red dog for working it all out. They have given up theit time and it only goes to show what a great bunch of people inhabit the blonde world. So well done.

The amount is a great amount to be receiving but like others i find 70% of funds not going to the causes appaling. I dont know what the normal amount for a charity is but like poppet says i would rather give the money straight to the person to avoid these costs.

Finally i didnt know about the event and only know what i have read here but its my understanding that most people at the event felt all the money was going to Maureen and reece which still leaves £2000 of spin palace money in the wrong hands.

It is great that a decent amount has finally reached its destination but still not the full amount and still not in a way that leaves a sweet taste in the mouth.

Well done once again tikay and red true gents giving up your own time for the benefits of others.

ariston

better lucky than good
the-oneeye

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 14, 2006, 01:40:57 AM »

I remember reading somewhere a year also ago that that the rspca runs at an administration cost of 85%. Unfortunately alot of charities do have high admin costs, Game4life is a very young charity and the admin will be high as it has to establish itself a foundation. It needs support from poker players from around the world if it is to become as big as daveys dream.
    People really need to open there eyes up and look at the positive thing in all of this not the admin costs, but the fact that 2 people of worked incredibly hard and some good childrens causes around the country and world are £10,000 better off.

Without the hard work of the people that give thier time and energy this wouldnt have been possible
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 14, 2006, 01:45:33 AM »

I remember reading somewhere a year also ago that that the rspca runs at an administration cost of 85%. Unfortunately alot of charities do have high admin costs, Game4life is a very young charity and the admin will be high as it has to establish itself a foundation. It needs support from poker players from around the world if it is to become as big as daveys dream.
    People really need to open there eyes up and look at the positive thing in all of this not the admin costs, but the fact that 2 people of worked incredibly hard and some good childrens causes around the country and world are £10,000 better off.

Without the hard work of the people that give thier time and energy this wouldnt have been possible

if the rspca runs at administration costs of 85% I would also be appalled at that. However they raise millions each year and also run shelters etc which come out of those admin costs so are actually caring for animals out of their costs. It doesnt wash with me mate and the fact you say childrens charities are 10k better off just doesnt do it for me as Davey has made 8k a year in wages alone. Please dont try and justify what most of us on here find absolutely appaling as it makes you look rather silly.

ariston

better lucky than good
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 14, 2006, 01:46:05 AM »

Rob posted this earlier about how he runs his charity.

As a person that runs a charity, www.sfcharity.co.uk and have also sponsored a P4C event, in my opinion only, I think the key issues are:

1. Company Stucturing
My charity is not owned by any trading company (such as G4Life) as 100% of all the administration expenses are paid for by my company, sf group, so 100% of all proceeds go to the "good causes". P4C does not have the benefit of a "subsidising company" so have set up G4Life to act as the management company, I have no problem with this as long as ZERO profit is made from the administration expenses and a full breakdown is available to the public.

2. Expense Estimates
Estimating expenses for an event are not good enough, the exact cost should be retrospectively charged with evidence and full back up. Personally, I do not like this set up, I prefer to donate to charities that do not pass 100% to the "cause", OR for a specific item.

3. Proceeds
If this was an event for Reece and the Hospital Ward, all proceeds should have been given to Reece and the Hospital within 7 days of the event. If it was a general P4C event, where P4C allocate the proceeds, this should have been made 100% clear and from these posts, it could have been made clearer.

4. Giving Money
Not donating the money because you have not been asked for it, or do not know where to send it, is not good enough.

5. Customers
In any organisation, commerical or charity, your "customers" must be treated better than this. In this case, the customers are the donators, and the donatees, and there is enough bad feeling here to make P4C review its systems and transparancy.

6. Resources
Running a charity is a serious job, not a part time job. You are asking for people's hard earned money, and their trust, being busy in your own commercial business is irrelevant.

7. Being 100% Accountable
One complaint from a donator or donatee is "1 to much", a charity must be 100% accountable. To continue raising money for good causes, you must maintain the highest possible level of credibility, P4C has not.

8. Specific Projects
I agree with G4L that donations should be spent on specific projects but what the proceeds from an event are going to needs to be made 100% clear to the people donating in that event.

In summary, I believe that P4C / Game 4 Life needs to improve its administration procedures, communciation and transparancy to its donators and donatees. I do not believe for a minute that anything "unethical" has gone on here, just poor systems and controls. I am sure that this thread will will prompt P4C to take a step back and review its operations. P4C and G4L should not take this personally, but listen to the comments. No rational person can argue that this particular charity project has been handled well.

Rob

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #253 on: December 14, 2006, 01:47:10 AM »

I remember reading somewhere a year also ago that that the rspca runs at an administration cost of 85%.

I think the important thing here is that you COULD read somwhere what the RSPCA administration costs are, and then make an informed decision whether to donate or not.

The older I get, the better I was.
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 14, 2006, 01:51:49 AM »

I remember reading somewhere a year also ago that that the rspca runs at an administration cost of 85%.

I think the important thing here is that you COULD read somwhere what the RSPCA administration costs are, and then make an informed decision whether to donate or not.

I been doing a bit of googling, it ain't easy to find this info about any charity as far as I can see. Happy to be proved wrong. What is the average % for a UK charity? Been reading about some American and Scottish charities that have been way way worse than P4C.

I'm feeling pretty disillusioned about giving money to charities now and that can't be right.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: