blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:50:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DAVE "EL BLONDIE" COLCLOUGH - European Player of the Year
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DAVE "EL BLONDIE" COLCLOUGH - European Player of the Year  (Read 66533 times)
KingPoker
Complete and utter luckbox

CHAMPION OF EUROPE!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2007, 01:24:08 AM »

Bear in mind also i had a very tight agressive table image. I only raised when i had a premium hand (or at least thats what they saw!). It wasnt impossible for me to have AA or KK here!

CYMRU AM BYTH!    Join my fan club on facebook thumbs up 
Voted Best Arse of Blonde bash 6!
KOConnell

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2007, 01:55:34 PM »

two points one i wanted to see how quick you answer your post land two what I could make you lay down next time I play againest you lol
But seriously I dont like stick all my chips in if I think its 50  50 unless I know the player but that because I'm to tight if I'm sober that is :-)

see you at the bar
elblondie

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2007, 09:00:20 PM »

Me neither. I'd be sticking my chips in thinking
a) I am very unlikely to be dominated by AA or KK
b) hopefully he is stealing and will pass. i will win the pot no risk
c) he may call with AQ or other Ace hand. I will have him dominated
d) as the re-raise is big he may pass a lot of 50/50 hands like 8 s and below. I win no risk
e) if he has Q s or J s then I'm 50/50
I obviously didn't make it clear enough...I'll speak slower next time
s o r r y

« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 01:08:35 AM by elblondie » Logged

i'll walk a million miles for one of your goals
KingPoker
Complete and utter luckbox

CHAMPION OF EUROPE!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2007, 10:04:02 PM »

But seriously I dont like stick all my chips in if I think its 50  50 unless I know the player but that because I'm to tight if I'm sober that is :-)

My intention wasnt for the 50 50. I have to be honest i wanted him to fold but in my opinion i was thinking he had option C on Dave's list! He hadnt played a hand in a while and in my mind really didnt think it through at all as he called instantly- i just think he played his cards and didnt consider the hands of others. I know i would have thought hard about it had i been holding the QQ.

I put Kev's quote in as i have to add that this was honestly probably the only time i went into a race behind!

Cheers for the debating,maybe next time we can get a few more people involved and have a mass-debate! 

Cheers both, sure i will adding more after the next APAT when i take it down to keep the trophy in wales.  thumbs up
 Gareth

CYMRU AM BYTH!    Join my fan club on facebook thumbs up 
Voted Best Arse of Blonde bash 6!
bhoywonder

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2007, 11:34:28 PM »

Bear in mind also i had a very tight agressive table image. I only raised when i had a premium hand (or at least thats what they saw!). It wasnt impossible for me to have AA or KK here!

almost the exact same scenario happened to me the other night online ($25 mtt 200 in )

sitting 4th in chips...CL to my right...same hands

Ive been actively attacking his stack,he tried to bully but i re bullied...

anyway he raises,I re raise....he is all in......I could fold,I should fold....but my thinking here with 30 players left ,I want to dominate my way to the FT and have a sizeable stack for a change....I hit the king on the flop but he 4 flushed on the river to knock me out......

I had ample opportunity to get out of the road and still be in great shape for another push later on

but if im reading u right Dave,looks like ur going for it with this hand?would u disagree??

in the past im folding pre flop,just trying out new stuff I guess,oh well its back to TAG for me.....lol

may your god go with you

Scottish Open Apat online gold medal winner 2008
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2007, 04:24:45 AM »

Dave who are the 3 best tounament players and 3 best cash players you haveever played against

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
elblondie

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2007, 08:34:07 AM »

almost the exact same scenario happened to me the other night online ($25 mtt 200 in )

sitting 4th in chips...CL to my right...same hands

Ive been actively attacking his stack,he tried to bully but i re bullied...

anyway he raises,I re raise....he is all in......I could fold,I should fold....but my thinking here with 30 players left ,I want to dominate my way to the FT and have a sizeable stack for a change....I hit the king on the flop but he 4 flushed on the river to knock me out......

I had ample opportunity to get out of the road and still be in great shape for another push later on

but if im reading u right Dave,looks like ur going for it with this hand?would u disagree??

in the past im folding pre flop,just trying out new stuff I guess,oh well its back to TAG for me.....lol
Well this sounds slighlty different to be honest. There was no way of knowing whether your opponent had a big hand in the previous scenario and we were expecting him to pass by putting the big re-raise in ourselves. Here it sounds like you had to call the big re-raise. I would be asking myself one simple question here...
could he be making a move with hands I have dominated? If the answer is 'yes he is that sort of player' then I would call and take my chances.
However if he was a tight player who only put a triple raise in with AA or KK or QQ then I would in fact pass, re-group and try and build back up.

elblondie

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2007, 08:38:27 AM »

Dave who are the 3 best tounament players and 3 best cash players you haveever played against
hhmmm...this is not an easy one to answer because it changes everytime I think about it. I'll think about it and answer it later today, but to start with
T1) when I started playing big tourneys in the early 90s SURINDER SUNAR appeared head and shoulders above everyone in the UK. I learnt a lot from him about how to use chips to win pots instead of always having to rely on cards. he obviously isn't anywhere near my top 3 nowadays, but in his time, he was the best.

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2007, 12:44:37 PM »

Who is a tougher HU opponent, Rob or Chubbs....

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Table Manners

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2007, 12:24:38 AM »

Hi Dave, I've got a question about blind on blind action in tournaments.

I've recently started playing on a site that has antes for most of the tourney and I'm not quite used to it. The total antes in the pot usually is about equal to the BB. I find it changes the battle of the blinds action quite a lot.

The SB has about 5-1 to call if it folds round to them, so I don't find folding an actractive option. If you raise, on the other hand, the raise has to be pretty substantial, since there's already a lot in the pot.

I usually opt for a call against anyone but a v.short stack with any two cards, and a raise if I think I'm in good shape.

If the SB limps into my BB, then I'm very prone to raising with virtually anything, since there's a very good chance they were just limping for the great odds.

My question is this: How to you find antes affect "battle of the blind" situations?

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 20, 2007, 12:33:13 AM »

Dave, do you believe you are a better Omaha player than Hold'em, and if so, why do you reckon this is?

elblondie

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 20, 2007, 01:09:50 AM »

Who is a tougher HU opponent, Rob or Chubbs....
Chubbs... I think I'm either 2-0 or 3-0 with Rob

elblondie

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 20, 2007, 01:14:36 AM »

Dave, do you believe you are a better Omaha player than Hold'em, and if so, why do you reckon this is?
I dont really to be honest. I like to think I can turn my hand to any game. Several years ago the standard of Omaha tournament play was very poor. You either had Omaha cash players or NLH tourney players playing Omaha tourneys. Nowadays it is slightly harder and to make matters worse there are very few PLO tourneys. I won several PLO events and made a few WSOP PLO finals ands thats why I got that reputation.
My NLH tourney earnings are far greater than PLO tourney earnings. However I have won more money in cash games playing 6 card PLO than any other game.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 07:12:31 AM by elblondie » Logged

elblondie

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2007, 07:20:45 AM »

T2) Phil Ivey appears to have the highest cash ratio for the amount of tourneys, although he also had a bit of a dry patch in 2007. I played with him in the 2000 WSOP PLO final when he won his first bracelet. He hardly played a hand until 5 players (incl. me and the fish had knocked each other out) and then proceeded to take Amerillo Slim apart.
I also played with him when he wo his second bracelet in a Limit 7 Card Stud event. At that point I had never seen anyone dominate a table to that extent. At the 24 - 16 players stage (and possibly beyond after I was out) he completely ran over the table. he raised every single (currently un-raised) pot for about 4 hours and went from chip leader to chip leader x 10.
I had never seen anything like it until later the same year when I played with him in a NLH tourney, where he did the same thing.
(apparantly Layne Flack was playing a simlar style at the time but I never witnessed it)
Nowadays there are several players who pull this style off, but Phil was way ahead of his time and is still THE BEST

elblondie

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 20, 2007, 07:26:38 AM »

Hi Dave, I've got a question about blind on blind action in tournaments.

I've recently started playing on a site that has antes for most of the tourney and I'm not quite used to it. The total antes in the pot usually is about equal to the BB. I find it changes the battle of the blinds action quite a lot.

The SB has about 5-1 to call if it folds round to them, so I don't find folding an actractive option. If you raise, on the other hand, the raise has to be pretty substantial, since there's already a lot in the pot.

I usually opt for a call against anyone but a v.short stack with any two cards, and a raise if I think I'm in good shape.

If the SB limps into my BB, then I'm very prone to raising with virtually anything, since there's a very good chance they were just limping for the great odds.

My question is this: How to you find antes affect "battle of the blind" situations?
Errrmm, to be honest you just about nailed it on the head...would you mind deleting this ?
You are right 'running antes' provide completely different maths to the game, and I always raise or make it up. However if we are playing without antes I probably pass at least 50% if the player on my left is aggressive.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: