blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:25:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272477 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DAVE "EL BLONDIE" COLCLOUGH - European Player of the Year
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DAVE "EL BLONDIE" COLCLOUGH - European Player of the Year  (Read 66259 times)
elblondie

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: March 31, 2007, 12:05:14 PM »

One thing i will say is stay off the booze if possible, it's a depressant!!
ok i'll stay off the booze....errr that just leaves poker?

i'll walk a million miles for one of your goals
elblondie

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 31, 2007, 12:12:26 PM »

my poker has dipped tremendously sinced my girlfriend moved in. But i also think i was a bit of a sad bastard playing all the time never doing anything but play poker.
You need balance mate so don't go crazy.
Appears you may have shown her a different way of life and it's come back and bit you on the arse.
yeh, thats what i am most afraid of...turning into an even sadder bar steward than i already am.

Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 31, 2007, 12:19:47 PM »

A proper relationship and poker really doesnt go well together.  I have a serious GF and because of that Ive probably played less than a quarter of the hands in the last year that I could have played.  I generally can get away with playing live just once or twice a week, 3 times is a miracle and Saturday nights are no-go's so it also impacts on my game selection.  I get to play online for maybe 30 mins at a time/1 hour at a time, long enough for an SNG or short cash session, no time for MTT's or long sessions so I feel like Im not developing as fast the guys that play thousands of hands per week.  Just the fact that time spent with a wife/GF is time you could be playing more hands must impact anyones game.

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 31, 2007, 12:21:11 PM »

my poker has dipped tremendously sinced my girlfriend moved in. But i also think i was a bit of a sad bastard playing all the time never doing anything but play poker.
You need balance mate so don't go crazy.
Appears you may have shown her a different way of life and it's come back and bit you on the arse.
yeh, thats what i am most afraid of...turning into an even sadder bar steward than i already am.

when i said dipped i mean my online results have dipped dramatically but i'm playing about 20% of what i used to.

Live poker i am currently doing very well at and put it down to the fact i am absolutly loving it everytime i do get chance to play.

maybe you should step back totally for a little while and look at whats important ot you.

good luck mate.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 31, 2007, 12:52:37 PM »

Probably not what you want to hear, i came into this year on a 47 winning month steak (no shit) i split up with Ginger in mid Jan, Feb and March have both been losing months for me......

As long as you can stay off "life tilt" you'll be ok.

Sorry to hear what happened.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 31, 2007, 01:30:12 PM »

Sorry to hear that.

I think your results will improve, Dave. I mean, I'm without wife or g/f, & look at my results.

I sent you a PM this morning which sums up where we are.

Now, get your arse up to Walsall tonight (£300 Freeze)  & stop sulking.

Yucky-wucky? Not me.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: March 31, 2007, 02:56:39 PM »

Its not of the same importance but;

Liverpool 4-1 Arsenal

Both teams played the beautiful game - We crushed them.

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
elblondie

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 31, 2007, 04:21:30 PM »

Now we are talking...the giraffe done good!

thetank

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 31, 2007, 05:37:10 PM »

I guess i'll be able to concentrate 100% on poker in the future no girlfriend/wifey distractions....

Looking on the bright side of life isn't always a good thing. It can just be the easiest way for the psyche to deal with what has happened, to dismiss it all as having been probably for the best. Problem is, not really dealt with properly, swept under the rug.

Don't want to get too much into the pop psychology of it all, as it's obviously very specific and personal to you with the ins and outs, but deal with it properly before moving on to winning a major/pissing money against the wall or whatever. The death of anything, a human being, or a relationship, requires a proper grieving process. Ignore the need to do this at your peril.

As to whether women are good for poker. I think it depends on the woman tbh.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 31, 2007, 06:09:43 PM »

I keep hoping this is an April Fools thing?Huh?

Right after I won at the WSOP I have  a nasty break w/ my then long time girlfriend/ future wife 2 be. Just ask DC or Tikay, I was a complete mess, I know it had a terrible effect on my poker. I could not keep my mind on poker or anyhing for that fact.

So for what its worth I guess we all learn for our hardships and need to move on. Whatever anyone does they need to know that letting it get you down is only going to hurt yourself in the longrun>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
2005 WSOP PLH WORLD CHAMPION
wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 31, 2007, 06:55:05 PM »

Ok I have been told to update the thread to generate some interest, so I am doing as I am told. 
my wife and I are seperated
I guess i'll be able to concentrate 100% on poker in the future no girlfriend/wifey distractions....so just wait for the improvement. I think the Irish Open may be a little early but get your money on me for the Bellagio WPT Grand Final. I genuinely think I am going to win it....The poker Gods  are perparing me for something big. I know I'm 
So what do the public think? Are wives/girlfriends detrimental to your poker play? Are the poker gods gay anti-women? That Andy black fella is leading the EPT Final , he aint got a girlfriend. I cant see Jamie Gold with a girlfriend, Most of these scandie machine gunners arent old enough to have girlfriends?
Who thinks I'll win a major in the next 3 months? Honesty is good. Right now I can handle anything thrown at me.
If this doesn't generate interest I'm gonna quit poker.
May the cleansing process begin.

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN......JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN...... JUST WIN BABY , JUST WIN...
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 10:41:39 AM by elblondie » Logged

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 31, 2007, 07:45:29 PM »

On a poker note: " Why has Dave Colclough not won a major lately?"

Why is it that some players always get out to a fast start? DC, I don't know if you have had that many "BIG" starts in recent  comps???  When is the last time u went out in level 1 on a draw? When have u put your comp life on the line w/ nothing at all ( a complete bluff). I am NOT saying that is what u need to do, I am just asking the Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?

It goes back to a players basic strategy. When do u gamble and for how much? When r u willing to look at a comp and say " if I win this pot it gives me a much better chance to make the final table?"

I am not being specific at all, just asking Huh?  and thinking about a lot of the aggressive players. I know for myself I still can not believe that I did not go deeper in the WSOP main event w/ 170K on day 2, but I have made MANY adjustments in my play. That one failure has had much bigger effect than even winning the bracelet. I think u learn more from failure than u do from success.

How do these guys do it:

1) Ivey
2) Lodden
3) Black
4) Mortenson
5) Ran
6) Huh?Huh?? (insert others here)

But then u have a player like Joe Hachem, I don't think he is one of these over the top guys , seems he plays smaller pots.

This may need to be moved  to another topic but i guess I want to hear what you think about the aggressive vs tight theory right now!

The ROOKIE!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 05:39:00 PM by wsopin07 » Logged

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
KingPoker
Complete and utter luckbox

CHAMPION OF EUROPE!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 01, 2007, 02:12:01 PM »

So sorry to hear about your situation dave.

Already been great advce on here and its never easy. Its hard to give advice because i dont know where you and mrs c stand now. Its been hard for my relationship at times and im only a fish not a pro, but my missus hates me splitting my time between her and poker or rather wants me to give her more time than poker, but i felt she had her life on the weekend where she would go out around the place and spend money and i would use mine to "gamble" so i basically refused to give in although i love her very much so we had a break with no contact and if anything it has made her realise that the world is a lot worse place on her own, maybe mrs c will too! But again it was different for me as only now after 2 years am i seeing results and nice profits in my cash game, wasnt a born winner in poker have had to work hard on my game!

So sorry again dave, And i hope you will still be making an appearence at BB4 ace!?

Gareth

CYMRU AM BYTH!    Join my fan club on facebook thumbs up 
Voted Best Arse of Blonde bash 6!
Indestructable

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 01, 2007, 04:58:38 PM »

Bad news.
It must be hard on a relationship if spending a lot of time apart.

Hope there is a big win around the corner for you.

thumbs up

The Kid

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 01, 2007, 06:55:50 PM »

WE are all here for you !!!
Blonde followers and your DTD TEAM.

You dont want to ask me advice. I would be in jail right now if it were me!

re your poker.

I have told you many times recently you will win a majour soon.
You know the game as well as any of the best and you have all the elements.

Good luck and I will see you in Ireland were we are taking you for a night out!

keep thinking possitive and hold you head high, you have many friends in the world.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: