blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:45:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Ladjokes
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ladjokes  (Read 9365 times)
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2007, 04:14:42 PM »

very surprised he lead out with a continuation bet on the flop after hitting quads - without knowing how durrr plays more often than not your opponent will have missed that flop as you caught all of it and will pass to any bet.

he got lucky that durrr decides his backdoor straight flush draw was worth a shot at, but then unlucky that he hit!! Cheesy

leading out is 100% the right play, you have re-raised pre flop there is no hand you should then check, you bet every flop after re-raising pre and then it allows your oppo to make a move on you.

I agree, i check 0% of the time in his position, lead out and give opportunity for a bluff from a good player (which they should be when playing 200/400!)

HI HELEN!
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2007, 06:00:54 PM »

very surprised he lead out with a continuation bet on the flop after hitting quads - without knowing how durrr plays more often than not your opponent will have missed that flop as you caught all of it and will pass to any bet.

he got lucky that durrr decides his backdoor straight flush draw was worth a shot at, but then unlucky that he hit!! Cheesy

leading out is 100% the right play, you have re-raised pre flop there is no hand you should then check, you bet every flop after re-raising pre and then it allows your oppo to make a move on you.

Nail. Hammer.

BigTomatoes

play your part

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2007, 06:06:48 PM »

Maybe you are just not a very good player?

In a good mood today?

No it's just my standard response to players who think online poker is bent. Usually because they are capable of beating the local £10 rebuy they think they are good, when infact online they are playing better players.

did you see his call ? i wouldnt say that was the sign of a better player

maybe , one of the reasons we use this site , so we can all try to be as good as you

BigTomotoes, did you see the 9/11 conspiracies program on BBC2 last night?

no , was it any good ? changed your mind yet ?

This is the WHOLE issue, encapsulated here....

Do you want bad calls, or not? Of COURSE you do. But you can't have it both ways! If you bet the flop strong - it was a dream flop for you - he goes away. But you don't get paid much. You play it slow, legitimately, to rack up the reward, & end up racking up the risk too. That's how poker works.

agreed , i was replying to flushy's hint that i was up against a better player.

is it cold in his shadow ?
BigTomatoes

play your part

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2007, 06:08:48 PM »

BT; You will see far more outdraws on line than live for some very basic reasons, none of which relate to the 'rig':

i) you play more hands, tables and tournaments
ii) players who play live are there purely to play the game and for teh social aspect, on line they are often not concentrating, usually chatting, surfing the web, multi-tabling, watching tv, p*ssed etc
iii) more opponents will chase the river and therefore increase the chances of that outdraw (anonymity has something to do with this - be embarrassed to call it live). Therefore, the gutshot chasers may put it down more often live, for fear of being ridiculed by their peers.

All you can do is get your money/chips in when you have the best of it and hope it holds. If his hand was face up, ask yourself if you wanted him to call? If the answer is yes, then take it on the chin and move on. Bad runs are horrible, take a break if it is messing with you, because it is simply impossible to play good poker and make good decisions when you are in the mode of believing the world is against you - any edge you may have is gone.

Look at your poker tracker statistics and compare them with the 'expected results'. That should tell you if the software is miles out for you. I sincerely doubt it, but if you are concerned at least back it up with facts and not one hand!

also agreed , good post

thetank

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2007, 06:13:07 PM »

donks=variance=tilt=donks

You go round and round like that, getting louder and louder each time. The eventual result is the super-donk.

Super donk=super suckout=rigged.

In the middle of all this, Tikay is being blinded out

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2007, 06:54:31 PM »

In a good mood today?

No it's just my standard response to players who think online poker is bent. Usually because they are capable of beating the local £10 rebuy they think they are good, when infact online they are playing better players.

maybe , one of the reasons we use this site , so we can all try to be as good as you

BigTomotoes, did you see the 9/11 conspiracies program on BBC2 last night?

no , was it any good ? changed your mind yet ?

This is the WHOLE issue, encapsulated here....

Do you want bad calls, or not? Of COURSE you do. But you can't have it both ways! If you bet the flop strong - it was a dream flop for you - he goes away. But you don't get paid much. You play it slow, legitimately, to rack up the reward, & end up racking up the risk too. That's how poker works.

agreed , i was replying to flushy's hint that i was up against a better player.

It wasn't a hint its simple fact, the standard you face online is better than you face live.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
BigTomatoes

play your part

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2007, 07:06:55 PM »

i would disagree , how is this a fact ?

how can you say Joe Bloggs who plays in the the smaller stakes cash games , sit 'n' go's and MTT's i play online is any  better than the players I may play in clubs in Glasgow ( Cincinnatis etc ) or in the local rounders tourneys in Lanarkshire ( most of whom are also online players ) ?

how is that a simple fact ?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: