blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 09:09:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272889 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  EPT Grand Final - Monte Carlo: Day 2 - Interactive
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: EPT Grand Final - Monte Carlo: Day 2 - Interactive  (Read 70007 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #225 on: March 30, 2007, 05:41:13 PM »

Any chance of an update on Paul Gourlay Please.

Paul Gourlay is on 70k, his table has just broken. He seems happy, still smiling.
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 30, 2007, 05:43:09 PM »

Dave Colclough is OUT

His table got broken just now, "I finally got away from Andy Black..." and he was moved to the Greg Raymer/Ram Vaswani table.
"I wasn't so much worried about Greg, but Ram has taken me out of four comps recently."  I could see where this was heading.

Dave found on the big blind.  Ram had raised.  So, no messing, with 35k, Dave pushed in.  Call from Ram, who held ...

A quick end to a very determined couple of days' play from El Blondie, and we will miss his table-eye view of the big hands.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: March 30, 2007, 05:44:09 PM »

Any updates on Joey Lovelady or Ali Masterman please? And any chance you can give them a good luck/keep going msg from me if passing,

Cheers,

Ben

No sign of Joey Lovelady, Ali reckons he must be out. Speaking of Ali, he claims to be card dead and has dropped down to around 30k.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #228 on: March 30, 2007, 05:45:34 PM »

Geaorge 'The Panzer' Danzer has doubled up to 63k after surviving a coinflip with 8-8 vs. A-9.
wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 30, 2007, 05:46:05 PM »

While all this is going on, the perfectly gentlemanly William Chen is busy participating in the PokerStars battleships comp that has been going on throughout the week. Lee Jones seems to be running the comp and, if for some bizarre reason, people wish to follow the action (if you can call it that  ), onlookers can keep up to date by watching the big screen at the back.

I believe Snoopy and I hold one of several competing claims to have invented this style of play as spectator sport...at the Vienna EWSOP last year (or was it two years ago - it's all such a blur) we had our laptops back to back playing heads up while various people watched and laughed at either side.  We believed we'd invented the ultimate way for lazy people to play heads up, but I think many similarly lazy players have come up with this as an alternative to those pesky shuffle-requiring cards...

Anyway so far on this trip our team (in the form of NoflopsHomer) has beaten the Norwegians (in the form of BA Kildalen) and we're inclined to just leave it at that...

2 years ago, i was there and I sold the idea to poker stars scared

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
2005 WSOP PLH WORLD CHAMPION
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: March 30, 2007, 05:46:39 PM »

DTD's Richard Ashby has also come up trumps, doubling through with A-6 vs. K-Q on an A-3-6-K-Q board. He's now on 31k.
dakid88

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 30, 2007, 05:47:53 PM »

Any news on strummer and Zim please guys???
wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 30, 2007, 05:48:00 PM »

Dave Colclough is OUT

His table got broken just now, "I finally got away from Andy Black..." and he was moved to the Greg Raymer/Ram Vaswani table.
"I wasn't so much worried about Greg, but Ram has taken me out of four comps recently."  I could see where this was heading.

Dave found on the big blind.  Ram had raised.  So, no messing, with 35k, Dave pushed in.  Call from Ram, who held ...

A quick end to a very determined couple of days' play from El Blondie, and we will miss his table-eye view of the big hands.

when is the last time DC put a bad beat on someone?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 30, 2007, 05:48:12 PM »

While all this is going on, the perfectly gentlemanly William Chen is busy participating in the PokerStars battleships comp that has been going on throughout the week. Lee Jones seems to be running the comp and, if for some bizarre reason, people wish to follow the action (if you can call it that  ), onlookers can keep up to date by watching the big screen at the back.

I believe Snoopy and I hold one of several competing claims to have invented this style of play as spectator sport...at the Vienna EWSOP last year (or was it two years ago - it's all such a blur) we had our laptops back to back playing heads up while various people watched and laughed at either side.  We believed we'd invented the ultimate way for lazy people to play heads up, but I think many similarly lazy players have come up with this as an alternative to those pesky shuffle-requiring cards...

Anyway so far on this trip our team (in the form of NoflopsHomer) has beaten the Norwegians (in the form of BA Kildalen) and we're inclined to just leave it at that...

LOL thanks for clearing that up!  You should challenge us if you're at Bellagio in April...

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #234 on: March 30, 2007, 05:49:33 PM »

The Quifftastic Mark Teltscher is running well with 95.5k.
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 30, 2007, 05:50:27 PM »

Meanwhile, someone whispers, "Side Event" and this is what happens, a four-deep, out-the-door queue to sign €500 away...

P.S. Guests - if you wish to see this and other examples of our self-taught photographic skills, you have to sign in!  It's free. 

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 30, 2007, 05:50:57 PM »

Dave Colclough is OUT

Bummer! That played itself, especially against a serial-raiser like Ram.

An yes, Dave's "from the table" quotes have been wonderful, & they'll be much-missed. Very inconsiderate of him to bust out.....

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 30, 2007, 05:51:26 PM »

LOL thanks for clearing that up!  You should challenge us if you're at Bellagio in April...

i will be there for 3 straight weeks, see u there!!!!  who all is coming over?

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 30, 2007, 05:52:27 PM »

The Quifftastic Mark Teltscher is running well with 95.5k.

Is his Ferrari unostentatiously still parked on the steps to the Cardroom?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 30, 2007, 05:55:34 PM »

Do you have a chipcount for The Camel, or le chameau as he may be known in MC please ?

From the photos before it looked like around 50/60k I reckon..

He's OUT. Just ran A-Q into Dave Mobb's A-K

Also on that table is the reverse chair sitter, Michael Greco with 40k, double chair stacker Jim Kerrigan and (not pictured) Odd Lavik with 25k.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: