blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:14:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Liverpool FC
Pages: 1 ... 733 734 735 736 [737] 738 739 740 741 ... 750 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Liverpool FC  (Read 1281895 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #11040 on: July 17, 2018, 10:44:04 PM »

Rowett don't like paying over the odds for players, which could potentially hinder, considering every player is over-priced these days, lol.

Anyways, what's occurring with that Imbula fella? Watched him for a few games and thought he was mustard then just fell off a cliff.

He has never had a job where he could pay over the odds for anyone.  Every club he has managed has been skint.  What manager wouldn't like to pay over the odds for someone if they could?  Apart from Wenger?
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #11041 on: July 17, 2018, 10:57:29 PM »

Liverpool offer £62 milly for a 'keeper;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44864358

Looks like FSG are getting serious.

Would love to see Liverpool continue their revival, & to do that, a decent goalkeeper is vital.   

Butland staying at Stoke then.  Steam into the 6/1 to win the Championship. 

I don't read all the betting threads but every tip you seem to make on stoke is of this nature. For years it seems! I remember last year "put the house on laying Stoke to get relegated" Cheesy

For a clearly savvy gambler, do you reckon you have a blind spot when it comes to Stoke?

It's especially ironic given the shit you give Liverpool/Newcastle and probably many other teams' fans for not being able to "see the woods from the trees"!

Forgot about all the winning Stoke bets over the years then!  Sample size of one losing Stoke bet!  Was it a bad lay at 7/1 because they went down or because they should have been a 4/1 shot pre season?  Surely we not being results orientated here?  Forgot about all the big priced top ten finishes/match betting when they are over priced under Pulis because they were unfashionable.

Stoke have been backed from 8/1 into 9/2 in a place for the championship.  3/1 into 6/4 for a top two spot.  Would hardly say it is unsavvy.  Most of the squad are staying.  The money is there to be spent.  They are probably richer than every other club in the championship put together.

Sounds like plenty of "cant see woods from trees" fan money pilling in Wink

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #11042 on: July 17, 2018, 11:10:45 PM »

Would love to see Liverpool continue their revival, & to do that, a decent goalkeeper is vital.   

I don't read all the betting threads but every tip you seem to make on stoke is of this nature. For years it seems! I remember last year "put the house on laying Stoke to get relegated" Cheesy

For a clearly savvy gambler, do you reckon you have a blind spot when it comes to Stoke?

It's especially ironic given the shit you give Liverpool/Newcastle and probably many other teams' fans for not being able to "see the woods from the trees"!

Forgot about all the winning Stoke bets over the years then!  Sample size of one losing Stoke bet!  Was it a bad lay at 7/1 because they went down or because they should have been a 4/1 shot pre season?  Surely we not being results orientated here?  Forgot about all the big priced top ten finishes/match betting when they are over priced under Pulis because they were unfashionable.

Stoke have been backed from 8/1 into 9/2 in a place for the championship.  3/1 into 6/4 for a top two spot.  Would hardly say it is unsavvy.  Most of the squad are staying.  The money is there to be spent.  They are probably richer than every other club in the championship put together.

Sounds like plenty of "cant see woods from trees" fan money pilling in Wink

I am not from Stoke originally.  It is way more likely the fact i have made more money out of Stoke than probably any other team over the past 14 years that i get involved.   They are unfashionable, generally played ugly football but get results.  That is usually a profitable betting formula to take the market on with esp in a market awash with mug cash like the EPL.  Generally under rated over the past decade and provide value betting opportunities.   Under Pulis they provided unbelievable 'under goals' opportunities for years on end.  They were pretty much under bet and over priced week after week for years. 

You were still at your posh school dreaming about being a city trader when my pro punting career started latching onto the advantages of getting involved in Tony Pulis managed games and how the market didn't react to these things.  Believe me there is no blind loyalty.  I backed Stoke at 8/1 to win the championship and to get promoted at 9/4 because they are the richest club in the league by a country mile.  One of the most stable clubs in the league.  Signed a manager who has never had cash before and over achieved at every potless club he has managed.  What isn't to like?  They weren't outright favs for the league when i backed them.  They are clear favs now and could easily go off a 4/1 shot depending on the transfer business.

I would happily lay Stoke at 7/1 to go down last season again and again if i could.  In a league with Burnley, Huddersfield, Swansea among many others.  We lost close to 20 points last season from winning positions and had terrible off the pitch issues that were not easily predictable to a very stable club historically under the current owners.
Sciss0rhands

View Profile
« Reply #11043 on: July 18, 2018, 08:55:58 AM »

One of the prem teams will pick Butland up, surely.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #11044 on: July 18, 2018, 09:05:49 AM »

Why?  Who?  Not saying he isn't going but where makes sense?  He has lost the battle to be England number 1 now and his stock fell slightly last season.  Pickford has the shirt now for at least the next two years barring injury.  It isn't a world cup/euro season.  He has a big money long term deal at Stoke.

If Butland is going to leave why would Stoke's former player of the season Grant (back up keeper who had a great season when Butland was injured) leave to be the third choice at Man U?  Makes no sense at all.  He would have been a perfect first choice in the championship given how well he performed in the EPL.   Just don't see how Stoke let both their main keepers leave in the same off season when going up first time is such a priority.

I might be wrong.  It just doesn't make any sense to me.
Sciss0rhands

View Profile
« Reply #11045 on: July 18, 2018, 09:40:09 AM »

Why?  Who?  Not saying he isn't going but where makes sense?  He has lost the battle to be England number 1 now and his stock fell slightly last season.  Pickford has the shirt now for at least the next two years barring injury.  It isn't a world cup/euro season.  He has a big money long term deal at Stoke.

If Butland is going to leave why would Stoke's former player of the season Grant (back up keeper who had a great season when Butland was injured) leave to be the third choice at Man U?  Makes no sense at all.  He would have been a perfect first choice in the championship given how well he performed in the EPL.   Just don't see how Stoke let both their main keepers leave in the same off season when going up first time is such a priority.

I might be wrong.  It just doesn't make any sense to me.

Didn’t know Grant had left. True, that does suggest he’s already decided/agreed to stay.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11046 on: July 18, 2018, 01:29:03 PM »

Roma have accepted Liverpool's offer of £67 milly for their 'keeper, Alisson, it's down to agreeing terms with the fella now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44874142

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11047 on: July 18, 2018, 01:30:30 PM »

Liverpool now 5/1 2nd favourite for the Premier League.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/winner

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Sciss0rhands

View Profile
« Reply #11048 on: July 18, 2018, 07:58:21 PM »

Liverpool now 5/1 2nd favourite for the Premier League.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/winner

Their squad is pretty legit with the signings they’ve made over the last few transfer windows. ManU, Chelsea and ars are slippin.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #11049 on: July 18, 2018, 08:27:50 PM »

Good stuff.

Will improve the City acca boosting price Smiley

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11050 on: July 19, 2018, 06:48:11 AM »

The new 'keeper has arrived for his medical, so it looks like that deal is sorted.

Meanwhile, it emerges that Ox will miss the entire season.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11051 on: July 19, 2018, 09:19:28 AM »

Gutted for the Ox ,had settled in so well.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
kp24

View Profile
« Reply #11052 on: July 19, 2018, 11:34:38 PM »

Roma have accepted Liverpool's offer of £67 milly for their 'keeper, Alisson, it's down to agreeing terms with the fella now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44874142

Deal done much needed new keeper
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #11053 on: July 21, 2018, 08:45:43 AM »

Rowett don't like paying over the odds for players, which could potentially hinder, considering every player is over-priced these days, lol.

Anyways, what's occurring with that Imbula fella? Watched him for a few games and thought he was mustard then just fell off a cliff.

He has never had a job where he could pay over the odds for anyone.  Every club he has managed has been skint.  What manager wouldn't like to pay over the odds for someone if they could?  Apart from Wenger?

Thinking about this and it's another unknown variable. There's no evidence that with funds available he'll make shrewd purchases. Just like Wenger.

I see today James McClean and Tom Ince for combined £15m+ are on the verge. I don't rate either. I've watched Ince play a lot of football and meh.

Mind you Richarlison to Everton at £50m and potentially Jack Grealish to Spurs at £40m. I rate both players but think they're worth about 25% of the amounts touted. The money getting crazier and crazier. Alisson is a fine keeps but wtf? I'd get Joe Hart for free and spend £200 sending him on a confidence seminar.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #11054 on: July 21, 2018, 02:08:37 PM »

Leicester just signed Liverpool's fourth choice keeper for £12.5mil, presumably to back up Kasparov. That is bonkers.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
Pages: 1 ... 733 734 735 736 [737] 738 739 740 741 ... 750 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: