blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:09:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Liverpool FC
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 356 357 [358] 359 360 361 362 ... 750 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Liverpool FC  (Read 1282907 times)
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5355 on: March 25, 2012, 12:17:42 AM »

Woy for En-ger-land

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #5356 on: March 25, 2012, 12:20:03 AM »

Woy for En-ger-land

Wait! Let's not get carried away with ourselves.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #5357 on: March 25, 2012, 12:27:40 AM »

Think we should get netspend trending on twitter

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #5358 on: March 25, 2012, 01:03:55 PM »

Yeh this whole net spend this is stupid. He has bought badly. They've won the Championship cup after scraping it on penalties and it's simply papering over the fact that they've made abso no progress in the league.

Keep him I say

Agree. Net spend is irrelevant for Dalglish's reign.

Net spend was important in Rafa's reign but that doesn't apply now.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5359 on: March 25, 2012, 03:12:27 PM »

Would be ridiculously confusing:

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2012/03/20million-argentine-suarez-on-his-way-to-liverpool-fc/

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #5360 on: March 25, 2012, 03:19:14 PM »

Totally agree with this from the same site...

"Dirk Kuyt is now almost 32, perhaps his batteries aren’t quite as impressive as they used to be and Andy Carroll could have been brought back in for the Wigan game. Carroll’s exclusion from the last two games is baffling, to say the least. If he is ever going to work at Liverpool he needs to be playing, especially in games against lower sides where he could profit better. Dalglish’s use of him has been bizarre, I feel sorry for Carroll in all honesty as he has been playing much better and was one of our better players yesterday after coming on. If he’d been given the same amount of starts as Jordan Henderson things may well be looking different."

I'm repeating myself but I've said this many times this season, really is poor man management by Dalglish.
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #5361 on: March 25, 2012, 03:37:23 PM »

Shearer suggesting on MOTD tonight that you guys will have had a better season than Arsenal should you win the FA cup and we merely qualify for the CL. Surely you don't agree with him do you?

I know that I wouldn't swop especially for third place.

Not a regular visitor to the footie threads, but enjoying the banter on this one..... Mantis gets it spot on as always.

As for 2 trophys vs 3rd, I don't think it's even close - the trophys any day of the week.
The cup runs, build ups to big games, days out at the finals etc...., will be remembered long after the solid achievement of 3rd place in the league.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5362 on: March 25, 2012, 03:39:01 PM »

Wasn't fit earlier in the season, but his under-use this year baffles me as well.

Saw some stats about how better Suarez does when Carroll plays as well.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #5363 on: March 25, 2012, 03:40:23 PM »

Totally agree with this from the same site...

"Dirk Kuyt is now almost 32, perhaps his batteries aren’t quite as impressive as they used to be and Andy Carroll could have been brought back in for the Wigan game. Carroll’s exclusion from the last two games is baffling, to say the least. If he is ever going to work at Liverpool he needs to be playing, especially in games against lower sides where he could profit better. Dalglish’s use of him has been bizarre, I feel sorry for Carroll in all honesty as he has been playing much better and was one of our better players yesterday after coming on. If he’d been given the same amount of starts as Jordan Henderson things may well be looking different."

I'm repeating myself but I've said this many times this season, really is poor man management by Dalglish.

maybe he's realised his mistake in signing him and not playing him is one of the few things he's done right this year

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #5364 on: March 25, 2012, 03:49:41 PM »

I wonder if Dalglish even really wanted AC? Matin Jol said he had multiple disagreements with Comolli after players were signed he didn't actually want. In order to actually want AC traditionalist Dalglish must also have wanted to fundamentally change the way LFC play and I don't see the evidence of that. It really does raise questions about the director of football strategy role at Liverpool or indeed at any other club. Comolli and Ramos simply didn't work and it looks like the same deal at Liverpool.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #5365 on: March 25, 2012, 03:55:35 PM »

Shearer suggesting on MOTD tonight that you guys will have had a better season than Arsenal should you win the FA cup and we merely qualify for the CL. Surely you don't agree with him do you?

Not a regular visitor to the footie threads, but enjoying the banter on this one..... Mantis gets it spot on as always.

As for 2 trophys vs 3rd, I don't think it's even close - the trophys any day of the week.
The cup runs, build ups to big games, days out at the finals etc...., will be remembered long after the solid achievement of 3rd place in the league.

Surely it shouldn't be a trade off? If Liverpool are to be where they want to be they can do both?  Top 4 and one cup run?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #5366 on: March 25, 2012, 04:16:25 PM »

Agree with Mond.

This piece covers Carroll with some pretty convincing evidence:

http://tomkinstimes.com/2012/03/in-depth-why-are-liverpool-struggling/
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #5367 on: March 25, 2012, 04:17:18 PM »

Woy for En-ger-land

Lol!
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #5368 on: March 25, 2012, 04:41:02 PM »

What about all of those days out and big games against all of Europe's top teams in the Champion's League?

I don't think it's close either and I'm sure lots of supporters agree with me.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
sweet potata!

View Profile
« Reply #5369 on: March 25, 2012, 04:47:49 PM »

You cant put CL qualification in a trophy cabinet, as a gooner you should know the stick that has been used to beat Wenger with is the lack of silverware, surely thats what the game is all about , winning things no?!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 356 357 [358] 359 360 361 362 ... 750 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: