blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:19:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Liverpool FC
Pages: 1 ... 411 412 413 414 [415] 416 417 418 419 ... 750 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Liverpool FC  (Read 1268384 times)
Peter Costa

View Profile
« Reply #6210 on: January 09, 2013, 02:38:48 PM »

Poem is excellent, and Suarez has been wrongly castigated for doing what every footballer would do, but "the kind of reactions we will never see again in football"Huh?

leave it out!

Wait till Sunday afternoon and the reaction to some half-controversial decision from Howard Webb.

[/quote]

Well, I've followed the game for fifty years and not seen anything close to vilification that Suarez has endured - and hope to never to see again. That goes for any player and any team. it's after all a game and to judge people in such a fast and passionate game where a split  second determines outcomes, is simply ilogical. I also think Suarez has been excellent this year bar his dive v Stoke. After all, he has played well over thirty games and in those , what has he shown us? Effort, passion, skill and immense appetite for the game.

As for this current incident, it shows how a non event can be blown out of all proportion. BTW, I have no problem with fans as I can understand why they feel as they do, but to watch the media and now commentators and TV pundits calling someone a cheat as they did is insane.  They are supposed to offer a professional insight and act in a professional manner. They have NO excuse and no reason or justifications for such words. 
Peter Costa

View Profile
« Reply #6211 on: January 09, 2013, 02:44:14 PM »

I'm coming across like a right grumpy sausage. Sorry about that. Not my intention.

He's just one of those players that draws the worst out in me (Suarez, not Peter Costa!).

I'll leave you all alone now Smiley

No worries, each has their own point of view. I think we all know that Saurez is news, he sells papers and the media have been and always will be scumbags.     
Peter Costa

View Profile
« Reply #6212 on: January 09, 2013, 02:48:24 PM »

Like mass hysteria gone crazy on crack, the UK has gone on all out attack
Run slow motion and find intent, lets fuel tribalism with what heaven sent
Heaven for the FA and the media too, heaven for the hypocrisy towards little Lu

He has history they all cry with glee, as they lay in wait in front of their TV
Heaven came to the pundits too, as they gave a judgment, as if they knew
They all screamed cheat to fuel the hate, I guess like fans, the pundits wait

No thought or logic did they apply, to the bouncing ball or to the question why
Why should they when their job is clear, why should they when they could smear
The world is now safe from the Mayan, but not just yet from the little Uruguayan

Why are you so special my Liverpool Lu, I’ve seen worse and more often too
What is this power that you possess, that can unite a whole Nation to obsess
You must be the devil in a red disguise, or it’s simply down to hate-filled eyes

Whatever the reason, just ignore, get out on the pitch and score some more
Enjoy your journey, enjoy the ride, don’t bow your head, and do not hide
Keep standing tall, let others dive and fall, because it's you they fear with a ball

They dread you twists and fear your turns, but do your thing while their hearts burn
One day they will come to understand, that it was just a simple ball to hand
You didn’t kill, you didn’t maim, it’s simply the selling power of your name

They rely on you to feed their need, you must be special, one of a breed
Smile at the hate and the ignorance too, just carry on and do as you do
When you leave for pastures new, use the middle finger, like they do to you

Sorry, but could not resist what is obviously a set of circumstances and the kind of reactions that we will never see again in football.  If we do, I certainly hope the next antichrist to be elected by media has as much character as this little man - he will need it, sadly!. 

Poem is excellent, and Suarez has been wrongly castigated for doing what every footballer would do, but "the kind of reactions we will never see again in football"Huh?

leave it out!

Wait till Sunday afternoon and the reaction to some half-controversial decision from Howard Webb.

I don't understand this Suarez did every player would do - he didn't do anything by chcoice becuase there was no intent.  Sunday whould be awesome, whatever the outcome.
Peter Costa

View Profile
« Reply #6213 on: January 09, 2013, 02:51:40 PM »

Forgive me if it was you Peter but who wrote the poem.

It does amuse me that we see  Suarez as a Villan but Mario is a hero Huh?

Yes, i wrote it. Inspired by the TV pundits!   
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #6214 on: January 09, 2013, 03:59:39 PM »

Like mass hysteria gone crazy on crack, the UK has gone on all out attack
Run slow motion and find intent, lets fuel tribalism with what heaven sent
Heaven for the FA and the media too, heaven for the hypocrisy towards little Lu

He has history they all cry with glee, as they lay in wait in front of their TV
Heaven came to the pundits too, as they gave a judgment, as if they knew
They all screamed cheat to fuel the hate, I guess like fans, the pundits wait

No thought or logic did they apply, to the bouncing ball or to the question why
Why should they when their job is clear, why should they when they could smear
The world is now safe from the Mayan, but not just yet from the little Uruguayan

Why are you so special my Liverpool Lu, I’ve seen worse and more often too
What is this power that you possess, that can unite a whole Nation to obsess
You must be the devil in a red disguise, or it’s simply down to hate-filled eyes

Whatever the reason, just ignore, get out on the pitch and score some more
Enjoy your journey, enjoy the ride, don’t bow your head, and do not hide
Keep standing tall, let others dive and fall, because it's you they fear with a ball

They dread you twists and fear your turns, but do your thing while their hearts burn
One day they will come to understand, that it was just a simple ball to hand
You didn’t kill, you didn’t maim, it’s simply the selling power of your name

They rely on you to feed their need, you must be special, one of a breed
Smile at the hate and the ignorance too, just carry on and do as you do
When you leave for pastures new, use the middle finger, like they do to you

Sorry, but could not resist what is obviously a set of circumstances and the kind of reactions that we will never see again in football.  If we do, I certainly hope the next antichrist to be elected by media has as much character as this little man - he will need it, sadly!. 

leave it out!

I don't understand this Suarez did every player would do - he didn't do anything by chcoice becuase there was no intent.  Sunday whould be awesome, whatever the outcome.

I've already agreed that Suarez did what every other player would do. I've also acknowledged that he is a fine player.

I disagree that the reaction to it all is something unprecedented in all of football. That's just a wagon-circling response from LFC supporters to protect their under fire player.
He can come through it all - Drogba was 'all that is wrong in football' for a couple of seasons, every trip and stumble and artistic descent to the turf analysed ad nauseam, and a national treasure when he left.

Best advice available to him is to keep playing; avoid difficult conversations with opposition players; and keep on his feet.

I'm not looking forward to seeing him on Sunday - I approach the games against Liverpool with more trepidation than any other in the PL season

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #6215 on: January 09, 2013, 04:31:00 PM »

Every foreign player who went to ground easy coming into english football has attracted negative press. And rightly so. We like footballers who stay on their feet, not twisting and turning and gyrating on the floor because there was 'contact'. Suarez has all the skills to be a great player but he needs to get a grip of this if he wants a successful legacy in the prem. Don't remember Cantona rolling around on the grass much. Think Suarez could pass more and stop berating team mates as well.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #6216 on: January 09, 2013, 04:50:46 PM »

great piece of writing sir 

I do wonder how long RvP would have been rolling on the floor if the ball had not struck him on the head.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #6217 on: January 09, 2013, 08:17:21 PM »

great piece of writing sir 

I do wonder how long RvP would have been rolling on the floor if the ball had not struck him on the head.

RvP fell over himself in an attempt to remonstrate with the Swansea player who had just been adjudged to have fouled him. There was no dive nor any other similarity with the case here. Nor any likelihood of him rolling around. You may be confusing him with Ashley Young? it's an easy mistake to make.
RvP appears to have brought all of the good bits of his game to OT and none of the niggly nasty bits. Thus far at least.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #6218 on: January 09, 2013, 10:15:22 PM »

What's the deal with Sahin? Isn't he meant to be mazin? You sending him back?
sweet potata!

View Profile
« Reply #6219 on: January 09, 2013, 10:54:29 PM »

Had very high hopes for Sahin, he just hasn't settled, looks very slow and maybe at Dortmund he was able to pull the strings in a dominant team but with the helter skelter of the PL he has looked ineffective, rumours that he found out he was on the bench at Mansfield and refused to travel, he seems to have beeon overtaken by Henderson and Lucas came back from injury too, so I guess no point paying the wages if he won't be getting games
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6220 on: January 11, 2013, 01:08:19 PM »

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/wisdom-it-was-an-easy-decision

Looks like he's going to be a very good player, already a talent at 19.  Got a big game on Sunday, if he plays.

Although long-term, I think he's a CB.

This lad looks like a very bright prospect at RB: http://liverpoolfc.wikia.com/wiki/Ryan_McLaughlin - and I also think that Flanagan probably hasn't got what it takes to make it at Liverpool. Might be wrong though.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 01:56:44 PM by kinboshi » Logged

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6221 on: January 11, 2013, 02:04:46 PM »

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/8390022/Reds-reveal-settlement-agreed

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6222 on: January 11, 2013, 02:13:51 PM »

Yeah, it's a strange one - and apparently H&G didn't have the money to take it to court!

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6223 on: January 11, 2013, 04:41:09 PM »

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/8391053/Liverpool-s-Nuri-Sahin-is-poised-to-return-to-Borussia-Dortmund-according-to-reports

looks like Sahin moving on.

1 in 2 out so far seems standard.

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6224 on: January 11, 2013, 05:21:01 PM »

Sahin at Liverpool has been a complete failure really.

Thankfully, it was a loan move and we we've just been paying his wages.  For a player so highly recommended and rated, he hasn't really made any waves at Real (a tough midfield to break into, granted) or at Liverpool (he's had his opportunities to shine, although it could be argued that he was in a misfiring side).

Pages: 1 ... 411 412 413 414 [415] 416 417 418 419 ... 750 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: