blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 03:27:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272772 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Liverpool FC
Pages: 1 ... 417 418 419 420 [421] 422 423 424 425 ... 750 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Liverpool FC  (Read 1296070 times)
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #6300 on: January 28, 2013, 12:36:36 PM »

Does the social media world increase the level of pressure on managers?

It seems that a new manager now gets less than half a season before there is a growing chorus of disapproval and agitation for change.

Did Wenger achieve instant success? Moyes? SAF didn't for sure. Shankly didn't either, three years to get out of the 2nd Division? I doubt there's a championship team with that level of patience those days.

Give the guy a chance, the foundations he laid at Swansea have enabled Laudrup to be hailed as a genius there.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6301 on: January 28, 2013, 12:48:29 PM »

Not really.  I don't think it matters what I say about Rodgers on a poker forum.  I'm sure he's getting enough pay to compensate for my questioning of his team-selection against physical sides.

It seems that a new manager now gets less than half a season before there is a growing chorus of disapproval and agitation for change.

Who wants to change him?  Lots of fans voice their disapproval in the pub, online or in those horrible radio phone-ins.  However, most Liverpool fans are happy with the direction Rodgers is trying to take the squad, but he's still making mistakes on the way.  Wouldn't want him replaced though.

Did Wenger achieve instant success? Moyes? SAF didn't for sure. Shankly didn't either, three years to get out of the 2nd Division? I doubt there's a championship team with that level of patience those days.

I think Everton fans have been very patient Wink

Yes, agree with your point that managers need time and support (from the board/owners).  There's too much demand for instant success. I still think it's a shame that Rafa didn't get a proper run at the job, with owners who were supporting him fully.  I think he had and was making strides in developing the club.  Some of those the club are only seeing the benefit of now.  Others may have been lost since.

Give the guy a chance, the foundations he laid at Swansea have enabled Laudrup to be hailed as a genius there.

He is getting a chance. 

He just needs to reconsider his team-selection for physical games a little better, not keep sticking with players who are under-performing for whatever reason (e.g. Allen), and at times be a little more pragmatic (all imo of course).

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #6302 on: January 28, 2013, 01:13:06 PM »

If Rogers had stayed at Swansea we would still be talking about what a wonderful manager he is. The Liverpool job is a poisoned chalice.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #6303 on: January 28, 2013, 01:35:44 PM »

Not really.  I don't think it matters what I say about Rodgers on a poker forum.  I'm sure he's getting enough pay to compensate for my questioning of his team-selection against physical sides.

Who wants to change him?  Lots of fans voice their disapproval in the pub, online or in those horrible radio phone-ins.  However, most Liverpool fans are happy with the direction Rodgers is trying to take the squad, but he's still making mistakes on the way.  Wouldn't want him replaced though.

I think Everton fans have been very patient Wink

Yes, agree with your point that managers need time and support (from the board/owners).  There's too much demand for instant success. I still think it's a shame that Rafa didn't get a proper run at the job, with owners who were supporting him fully.  I think he had and was making strides in developing the club.  Some of those the club are only seeing the benefit of now.  Others may have been lost since.

He is getting a chance. 

He just needs to reconsider his team-selection for physical games a little better, not keep sticking with players who are under-performing for whatever reason (e.g. Allen), and at times be a little more pragmatic (all imo of course).

Can't cope with multi quotes at the best of times, and am on iPad so this isn't the best of times.
The pressure from one person on a forum is small but my thought was that there is a raft of places where criticism from fans and followers gets aired and the owners/ directors must feel that surely?

It was fans criticism of Hodgson that seemed to hasten his departure...

Everton fans have been realistic.

Agree on Rafa, do you think he could still be there but for the Hicks Gillett thing?

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6304 on: January 28, 2013, 01:58:49 PM »

Hodgson was all wrong for Liverpool.  His approach, his tactics, the lot.  Liverpool were getting awful results, and playing awful football.  Now at least the side is trying to play better football.

Most Liverpool fans I speak to are realistic. They expect us to have a team with a bit of fight that can outplay sides such as Oldham and Villa. Most also recognise what Rodgers is trying to work towards.

Rafa would definitely still be at the club if H&G hadn't been involved. I also think the club would be in a much better state than it is now as well.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #6305 on: January 28, 2013, 02:03:57 PM »

Rafa still wants to be at Liverpool

If ever a club and manager went together it was those 2! I mean they say you "should never go back", but there is also an exception to every rule

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6306 on: January 28, 2013, 02:11:12 PM »

If ever a club and manager went together it was those 2! I mean they say you "should never go back", but there is also an exception to every rule

He should have never had to leave.

Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #6307 on: January 28, 2013, 02:45:57 PM »

He should have never had to leave.

+1
RT
FAV

Carpe Diem
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #6308 on: January 28, 2013, 04:32:26 PM »

Don't be too hasty to offload Joe Allen.

He'll come good.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6309 on: January 28, 2013, 05:50:05 PM »

Don't be too hasty to offload Joe Allen.

He'll come good.

Again, I don't want him to go either.  He was one of the best performers in the side early in the season.  He's been struggling more recently though, and I think this is partly due to tiredness.  He played for GB in the Olympics and didn't get a full rest/pre-season like many of the others.  Also, a lot has been put on his shoulders.  The problem is that he's relatively small, and his game is built around his passing.  If that's not working, then his game is limited.

I don't think Rodgers should be playing him as much, and certainly not in the side that started yesterday. He and Liverpool were very under-powered and exposed in the centre of the park.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6310 on: January 28, 2013, 05:51:19 PM »

Whereas Coates isn't fit to wear a Liverpool shirt based on his performances in one.

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #6311 on: January 28, 2013, 06:03:55 PM »

I believe if Liverpool persist with Rodgers he will turn then into CL contenders. Hope u get rafa back in cos the guy has no clue

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #6312 on: January 28, 2013, 06:07:24 PM »

Kin. "You could not disagree less". Is this a double negative meaning you actually agree?

Just checking Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6313 on: January 28, 2013, 06:17:53 PM »

Whereas Coates isn't fit to wear a Liverpool shirt based on his performances in one.

Very reminiscent of Skrtel in his early games , he took a long while and a lot of games to settle.Once(if) he gets a run of games i expect his form to improve markedly.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6314 on: January 28, 2013, 06:23:09 PM »

I believe if Liverpool persist with Rodgers he will turn then into CL contenders. Hope u get rafa back in cos the guy has no clue

Rafa is an excellent manager, and brought Liverpool on immensely. He made Liverpool into more than CL contenders.  Unforunately, G&H meant that his project was never completed.  Now he's at Chelsea and Liverpool have Rodgers, I don't see him returning to Liverpool.

Pages: 1 ... 417 418 419 420 [421] 422 423 424 425 ... 750 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: