blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 03:16:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272716 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Liverpool FC
Pages: 1 ... 534 535 536 537 [538] 539 540 541 542 ... 750 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Liverpool FC  (Read 1293609 times)
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #8055 on: April 14, 2014, 04:36:51 PM »

If Stevie G got offered now....

Liverpool to win the league
or
England to win the World Cup

Which one would he take?

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #8056 on: April 14, 2014, 04:39:36 PM »

If Stevie G got offered now....

Liverpool to win the league
or
England to win the World Cup

Which one would he take?

Scouse first, english next. 100% league imo

Carpe Diem
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #8057 on: April 14, 2014, 04:57:11 PM »

England win the world cup by a mile surely.  It's not even close.  He would be a living legend nationally for the rest of his life if he won the World cup for England plus he has at least 2 more seasons to win the league with Liverpool but this is definitely his last WC.
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #8058 on: April 14, 2014, 05:05:00 PM »

To be fair its a cracking question.  It got me thinking more about how the media relationship works.

Do you think its the type of question that journos would love to ask him, but maybe "banned" from asking. In like Liverpool FC or Stevie himself, request such potentially dividing questions arent asked in interviews.

It wouldnt be good for him to publically "choose" one over the other.  England captain choosing club over country leading i to a WC wouldnt sit well, and visa-versa; the kop wouldn'y be best pleased!

Carpe Diem
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #8059 on: April 14, 2014, 05:14:31 PM »

20+ years ago captaining the england team to world cup success would literally guarantee you a massive income from football after retirement for life in an era where the vast majority of pro footballers had to get a real job upon retirement.  In the modern game this isn't anywhere near as big a deal as Gerrard will never be able to spend the money he has collected during his playing career unlike say, Lineker, who received relatively huge cash during his playing career but has probably earned 10 times his total playing earnings from Walkers and the BBC alone since retirement.  That said i still think winning the WC is the holy grail for proper 1 club footballers like Red Nev and Gerrard no matter how much they love their clubs.  Just listening to Gerrard talk about not wanting his wife and kids around him at the WC makes you realise how focused he is on the WC.  It's just a shame he literally has no chance of winning it.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 05:19:14 PM by arbboy » Logged
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #8060 on: April 14, 2014, 05:55:17 PM »

To be fair its a cracking question.  It got me thinking more about how the media relationship works.

Do you think its the type of question that journos would love to ask him, but maybe "banned" from asking. In like Liverpool FC or Stevie himself, request such potentially dividing questions arent asked in interviews.

It wouldnt be good for him to publically "choose" one over the other.  England captain choosing club over country leading i to a WC wouldnt sit well, and visa-versa; the kop wouldn'y be best pleased!

Agree my mate asked it before and i went league straight away then thought hmmmmm

If i was him... Id probably say World Cup but in the moment right now i think he would say league

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8061 on: April 14, 2014, 06:36:11 PM »

I'd go with the league. 

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #8062 on: April 14, 2014, 07:04:29 PM »

England win the world cup by a mile surely.  It's not even close.  He would be a living legend nationally for the rest of his life if he won the World cup for England plus he has at least 2 more seasons to win the league with Liverpool but this is definitely his last WC.

If he was asked this question I would happily lay you 11-10 he picked England.

sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #8063 on: April 14, 2014, 08:49:17 PM »

League

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #8064 on: April 14, 2014, 11:52:09 PM »

He picks league ainec.

If you understand what it is to be him (or to a lesser extent Carragher) then you will know he picks league every time.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #8065 on: April 15, 2014, 12:18:32 AM »

If it was proveable I'd have my net on the League with Liverpool.
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #8066 on: April 15, 2014, 01:06:34 AM »

I'm not sure anyone that really follows their club closely would pick England in this spot.  I might be a bit of an extreme example as I am not that patriotic in the traditional sense but I would pick Boro nicking the last playoff spot over England winning the world cup.

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #8067 on: April 15, 2014, 06:40:09 AM »

Could be wrong but prior to City in 2012 no side in PL history had won the league without being 2nd the year before. Liverpool doing it from 7th would be ridiculous.

Arsenal had the best PL team I've ever seen but this achievement is up there IMO.

Just think this season has seen how bad our better teams are IMO. Liverpool should never be winning the league with the squad they have, just down to good to good management, better performances & the others dropping silly points. I will be glad if city don't win it tho, despise them.

Open to criticism with squad comment, but Gerrard & Suarez are world class & Obv Gerrard is questionable, just that Sturbridge fits in well & it goes together? Apart from that IMO there is nothing more than decent in other parts of squad.

Wouldn't mind Liverpool winning league to be honest though, but you just know Gerrard & Sturridge will be garbish in brazil
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #8068 on: April 15, 2014, 07:44:34 AM »

We've dropped more silly points than most. Between Toure & Mignolet theres about 9 alone.

I think the rest of the midfield is underrated (even by us). Hendo, Lucas, worthy of other top sides if unfashionable. Im sure I'll be told they wouldn't get near an insert X midfield but people thought that about Makalele, Senna, Helgeura etc. I think Coutinho could be huge. Sterling will be. No doubt. Flanno is a cracking young defender. Others don't but I like Sahko.

The prem hasn't been as strong since 2009, there's no denying that. Should Utd have won last year with that team? (Or several other league campaigns for that matter) Fergie won the league last year by a mile with that squad (also a miracle imo) It's what truly good managers do. I think the evolution of Henderson, Sturridge, Coutinho and Sterling is a lot to do with Rodgers.

The squad isn't great. But the first XI is pretty bloody good IMO. Luckily that's all we've had to use. (Aspas?!)
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #8069 on: April 15, 2014, 07:55:14 AM »

Lucas and Henderson comparisons to Senna is a bit much but i get your point!

The summer is the next acid test for BR imo how much money will he have? Will he get full control on who he buys? How will he then balance/rotate the squad with a european campaign to juggle.

Pages: 1 ... 534 535 536 537 [538] 539 540 541 542 ... 750 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: