blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:44:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Liverpool FC
Pages: 1 ... 660 661 662 663 [664] 665 666 667 668 ... 750 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Liverpool FC  (Read 1277902 times)
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #9945 on: May 25, 2015, 02:05:08 AM »

A lot of noise that he's a dead man walking. Considering the calibre of the jobless managers available at the end of this season - a couple of which are clearly interested - you have to wonder if FSG fancy giving him all of the Sterlng money to blow again.

Fox News have already reported its a done deal. Rafa and Klopp look early favourites as the next boss. I can see Rafa at Madrid and Ancelotti at Milan, so Klopp?! He's crazier than Suarez & Ballotelli combined.

If he gets another year it'll be becuase they lost out on their first choice imo.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #9946 on: May 25, 2015, 02:12:10 AM »

A lot of noise that he's a dead man walking. Considering the calibre of the jobless managers available at the end of this season - a couple of which are clearly interested - you have to wonder if FSG fancy giving him all of the Sterlng money to blow again.

Fox News have already reported its a done deal. Rafa and Klopp look early favourites as the next boss. I can see Rafa at Madrid and Ancelotti at Milan, so Klopp?! He's crazier than Suarez & Ballotelli combined.

If he gets another year it'll be becuase they lost out on their first choice imo.

Will he dump his new missus he left his wife for if he gets fired for a new bird in the back office (like he did to his wife when he had a bit of power and joined liverpool) at whatever club he moves to after leaving the scousers or will his mid life crisis be over?

Why would you fire him anyway?  He is managing a mid table club who have come in the upper half of the mid table for every season he has managed them apart from the year when they had a world beater striker who on his own give them a chance of success?  Then they decided to sell said striker and revert to their natural position in 2015 and finish 6th (exactly where they should finish - 25 points off the title winners with a +4 GD over the season - stoke had a +3 GD and only finished 8 points behind you having spent less in the past 3 years than most championship clubs in the transfer market).  Why is that a sackable offense?  Looks like he has achieved exactly what he should have achieved in the three years he has been in charge?  Confused?  Is it 1985 or 2015?  Just checking.

Now the game gets really tough because your best player wants to leave to become a bench player in a champions league side and the only player you have with any loyalty (and got gifted a goal at 5-0 down today - lolz even the stoke defenders felt sorry for him after signing his life away for 15 years and wanted to give him a send off for all the scouse mugs who paid stokies £3k for their season tickets to watch his last ever game!) is moving to the USA for a pension.  How do you plan to replace those two to even stand still next year?  It will cost you £80m to replace those two just to stand still before you start actually moving forward.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 02:26:35 AM by arbboy » Logged
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #9947 on: May 25, 2015, 10:03:08 AM »

Lol you seem like a very bitter man. GL with all that.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #9948 on: May 25, 2015, 11:40:28 AM »

I honestly think you should stick with Rodgers and for once I'm not being sarcastic.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #9949 on: May 25, 2015, 12:11:45 PM »

Can't see how sticking with Rodgers can be good.

Seems to me to be in the same over-rated category as someone like Martinez - nice suits, young ish, press savvy, fan aware, faux intellectual, minimal real success

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9950 on: May 25, 2015, 12:16:54 PM »

to quote the figures given by MOTD

He's spent £220m (gross) over 4 years and what do they have to show for it in terms of players you would say are good enough?

Skrtel
Coutinho
Henderson
Sturridge

are the only players there you would want to build a team around

it needs £100m+ spending just to replace Sterling and Gerrard, without even considering strikers, centre backs, keeper all of which are well below the standard needed for top 4

why would you give that money to Rodgers on his track record in the transfer market?

the club (one outlier season with suarez aside that was fantastic but long term raised expectations to a level they couldn't be met) isn't much better off than before he joined...and still needs a major re-stock of talent

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #9951 on: May 25, 2015, 01:04:36 PM »

Hmmm I reject the notion that you need to spend big to win stuff. Obviously quite a stupid thought process but without it the heart and romance of football is simply replaced by a balance sheet. When I look at Liverpool I see a club that should be able to create incredible spirit....the history, the support, playing at Anfield etc. What they actually have is a team happy to deliver abject surrender to sides less talented and more budget conscious than them. Results against Palace and Stoke should be unacceptable and yet sticking with Rogers is to accept them. He has spent a lot on the likes of Balotelli who don't give a fig about the club. And wants to fight to keep Sterling who doesn't want to play for him.

By comparison Klopp has transformed a struggling club into an exciting Champions League outfit with meagre resources. Look at his signings...Mats Hummels for £3.6m, Robert Lewandowski £4m, Marco Reus £15m, Piszczek for free, Gundongan £4.5m. All those players costing half what the unproven Sterling is being touted for. The biggest part of Klopp's success is recruiting local talent who wanted to play for him and his club, you can't really say the same for Rodgers and that is his biggest mistake imo.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #9952 on: May 25, 2015, 01:50:34 PM »

Will he dump his new missus he left his wife for if he gets fired for a new bird in the back office (like he did to his wife when he had a bit of power and joined liverpool) at whatever club he moves to after leaving the scousers or will his mid life crisis be over?

Why would you fire him anyway?  He is managing a mid table club who have come in the upper half of the mid table for every season he has managed them apart from the year when they had a world beater striker who on his own give them a chance of success?  Then they decided to sell said striker and revert to their natural position in 2015 and finish 6th (exactly where they should finish - 25 points off the title winners with a +4 GD over the season - stoke had a +3 GD and only finished 8 points behind you having spent less in the past 3 years than most championship clubs in the transfer market).  Why is that a sackable offense?  Looks like he has achieved exactly what he should have achieved in the three years he has been in charge?  Confused?  Is it 1985 or 2015?  Just checking.

Now the game gets really tough because your best player wants to leave to become a bench player in a champions league side and the only player you have with any loyalty (and got gifted a goal at 5-0 down today - lolz even the stoke defenders felt sorry for him after signing his life away for 15 years and wanted to give him a send off for all the scouse mugs who paid stokies £3k for their season tickets to watch his last ever game!) is moving to the USA for a pension.  How do you plan to replace those two to even stand still next year?  It will cost you £80m to replace those two just to stand still before you start actually moving forward.

I've bitten so many times with you, but the above is laughable. 

Carpe Diem
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #9953 on: May 25, 2015, 03:43:03 PM »

I really like Brendan Rodgers.

But this season has been terrible, really really terrible.

Brenda must have been smoking a really powerful joint when he decided to spend some of the Suarez money on Mario, Lovren, Markovic and Rickie.

He will be very very lucky to keep his job. Probably only keeps it if Klopp doesn't want it.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9954 on: May 25, 2015, 04:09:39 PM »

Liverpool came 6th and have the 5th largest turnover in the premiership, so only one under par this season.

Given the 3 main goal scorers (Sturidge, Lambert and Balo) got less goals between them than Gerrard, LFC did well to be as high as they did.

30+ goals from forwards next year and they will probably be 10 points better off. (If that is enough for the top 4 is another question)

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
RobS

View Profile
« Reply #9955 on: May 25, 2015, 04:47:51 PM »

Pretty sure Rodgers was against the signing of Balotelli so may not be fair to criticise him on that basis
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9956 on: May 25, 2015, 04:51:56 PM »

Pretty good article

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/rodgers-liverpool-fc-review-six-9322730

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #9957 on: May 25, 2015, 10:46:38 PM »

Pretty sure Rodgers was against the signing of Balotelli so may not be fair to criticise him on that basis

If he's a manager who rolls over and signs players he doesn't want he prob deserves more criticism.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #9958 on: May 25, 2015, 11:06:13 PM »

He is part of the transfer committee I believe so should take at least the share of responsibility

Whether he likes it or not that is the way at the vast majority of clubs at the moment.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9959 on: May 26, 2015, 06:54:57 PM »

Kolo Toure and Andre Wisdom sign new contracts.

Outstanding.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Pages: 1 ... 660 661 662 663 [664] 665 666 667 668 ... 750 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: