blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:32:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Liverpool FC
Pages: 1 ... 665 666 667 668 [669] 670 671 672 673 ... 750 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Liverpool FC  (Read 1268343 times)
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #10020 on: June 05, 2015, 09:47:42 AM »

Hard to see how this isn't a good signing.  On other threads people have pointed out that with the new TV deals bog standard full backs will be on 100k a week before we know it, so a dependable consistent top level performer like Milner on a free seems good business.  I read Everton are going to get Cleverly on a 5 year deal on 50k a week which seems even better.
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #10021 on: June 05, 2015, 11:46:09 AM »

I read Everton are going to get Cleverly on a 5 year deal on 50k a week which seems even better.

Not sure if serious?

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #10022 on: June 05, 2015, 12:05:32 PM »

Milner isn't worth three Cleverlys imo?  Both solid free transfer deals.  Home grown.  Proven premier league performers.

TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #10023 on: June 05, 2015, 12:45:45 PM »

Milner isn't worth three Cleverlys imo?  Both solid free transfer deals.  Home grown.  Proven premier league performers.

5 year deal on £50k a week for a player on a free transfer? That's an unbelievable deal for Everton, if true. Which makes me think it can't possibly be. What team wouldn't take him under those circumstances?
£50k per week = £2.5m wages per year. So £10m over 4 years and you could sell him for at least £15m at that point to make a profit on the whole deal.
If those figures are correct, Cleverly has the worst agent in the game!
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #10024 on: June 05, 2015, 12:49:59 PM »

I may be talking rubbish, but I'm 80% certain I read the 50k 5 year deal in the newspaper this morning.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #10025 on: June 05, 2015, 12:51:03 PM »

Yep - here it is in the Times

"Tom Cleverley will join Everton on a free transfer from Manchester United this week. The England midfielder is expected to sign a five-year contract, worth about £50,000 a week, with Everton hopeful of concluding a deal in the next 72 hours"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10026 on: June 05, 2015, 12:51:15 PM »

Cleverly is a very under-rated player

one of those where the perception was cemented when he was young by the media and people are unprepared to look past that

only 25 years old, a bit below the top quality needed for a top 4 team but likely to have sell on value at the end of this contract which for a club like Everton is important

As to Milner, good adaptable player of course. my question would be the value of making him Liverpool's highest paid player. of course when this contract expires for milner, he's off on a free most likely . for both of these reasons (wages and sell on) it doesn't look fantastic business to me

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10027 on: June 05, 2015, 05:19:14 PM »

one of those where the perception was cemented when he was young by the media and people are unprepared to look past that

only 25 years old, a bit below the top quality needed for a top 4 team but likely to have sell on value at the end of this contract which for a club like Everton is important

As to Milner, good adaptable player of course. my question would be the value of making him Liverpool's highest paid player. of course when this contract expires for milner, he's off on a free most likely . for both of these reasons (wages and sell on) it doesn't look fantastic business to me

Shocked that you agree with Arboy

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10028 on: June 05, 2015, 05:26:20 PM »

Shocked that you agree with Arboy

Its just an opinion

you can't really think £150,000 a week for Milner..a fringe player in a top four side, likely starter for Liverpool..is great value?

i do think he will be a very useful addition though, leaving that aside (which if the club want to pay it is an irrelevant concern anyway, i accept)

up front is benteke still meant to be an option? he's 24, and "only" on £60,000 a week at villa so at that age with the right sort of service strikes me as more of an understandable way to spend £100,000 a week plus 

My eyes are open wide
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10029 on: June 05, 2015, 05:46:25 PM »

I'm more interested in the posts of the last few pages which you have chosen to ignore. Several posters have complained about the way arboy posts in this thread but no comment on that from you.

Why does arboy constantly get a free pass to insult and post whatever he wants?

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10030 on: June 05, 2015, 05:53:17 PM »

I'm more interested in the posts of the last few pages which you have chosen to ignore. Several posters have complained about the way arboy posts in this thread but no comment on that from you.

He doesn't, no one does

He is certainly a very robust debater and on occasions when he has taken that too far the mods have had forthright discussions with him

i personally read every post, don't ignore any of them, but I didn't contact arbboy about anything in recent days on this thread. nor have the mods received a single compalint

if anyone wants to formally complain there is a service where people can "report to moderator"

in general terms, a lot of the football threads have become very thin-skinned, in my opinion. this thread didn't used to be one of them.

My eyes are open wide
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #10031 on: June 05, 2015, 05:58:37 PM »

Can be a bit OTT when talking about teams, but I think the 14yo Arb, sometimes escapes mid-post in the football threads Grin

The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #10032 on: June 05, 2015, 06:24:14 PM »

He doesn't, no one does

He is certainly a very robust debater and on occasions when he has taken that too far the mods have had forthright discussions with him

i personally read every post, don't ignore any of them, but I didn't contact arbboy about anything in recent days on this thread. nor have the mods received a single compalint

if anyone wants to formally complain there is a service where people can "report to moderator"

in general terms, a lot of the football threads have become very thin-skinned, in my opinion. this thread didn't used to be one of them.

Can't really disagree more. He's a troll with a clear and well thought out agenda - pretending like he isn't is just a bit bonkers really. I recently read the thread titled "blondepoker stats page" or something similar. It's guys like that that out people off posting. I'll always be a lurker for as long as blonde is about but I cba posting with a moron like that running loose.id be amazed if others didn't feel the same. It's a shame such a good thread is ruined by one person. Same in the politics thread to be honest. He needs a hobby.
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10033 on: June 05, 2015, 06:32:59 PM »

He doesn't, no one does

You need formal complaints to take action against someone that is a known problem poster. I think you will find a lot of people just stop posting rather than making complaints.

You know 100% his comments go too far but you decide to give him a pass due to the love he gets on TfT.

77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10034 on: June 05, 2015, 06:37:41 PM »

Baron I'm hearing Milner is on £110k not £150k. Have you any details on his contract?

Pages: 1 ... 665 666 667 668 [669] 670 671 672 673 ... 750 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: