blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:00:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 1168 1169 1170 1171 [1172] 1173 1174 1175 1176 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6333007 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17565 on: February 16, 2010, 03:39:02 PM »

Does anyone enjoy watching the Winter Olympics?

you were watching the boring speed skating, you need to watch the short track. 6/7 of them at a time going round a 100m oval. the speed, tight turns and crowding mean you get loads of crashes

Hmm, maybe.

Is there a betting market on these events?

I was interested to see what a big thing the SuperBowl has become in the UK in the last decade, so many peeps watching a game few of us really understand. I'm assuming 90% of the viewers only do so as a betting medium? Or do they really watch it or the spectacle?

Nearer home, I did the Spreads, quite heavily (& badly) for some years, & it got to the stage that I could not watch a football match unless I had money on it. When I stopped betting, I stopped watching. Now, 10 years on, I love to watch Premiership Football & don't neecd the "kick" or "fix" of betting on it. And for that reason, I enjoy it more, appreciate it more, & don't view it myopically.

I think the game was much bigger in the UK 20 years ago Tikay. back in the 'channel 4' days. A great game thats tailor made for contemporary betting mediums.
Get yourself some tickets for the game at wembley in October. Much more a spectacle than any premiership game

That game will be a damp squib, an "exhibition match". I've seen 10 or 12 Live NFL games in America, & three in Hawaii, & as many Baseball games - "ball games" - too, mostly in 'Frisco, & I loved them, they make such a wonderful day of it, it's a whole day out, and an occasion.

But my question was how much of the UK & European interest in it is betting-inspired. Some folks will bet on anything, &  at one time I was that folk. Now I don't bet, but I enjoy televised sport for the spectacle it is, & don't forget, how wonderfully it gets covered by TV.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17566 on: February 16, 2010, 03:40:15 PM »

You'd be better asking a Leeds United Fan.

They'd probably agree he's a crook!

They'd be right. How do these guys get away with it? It's plain irresponsible.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #17567 on: February 16, 2010, 03:41:04 PM »

who's your nfl team?

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17568 on: February 16, 2010, 03:48:09 PM »

who's your nfl team?

Will I get mocked if I say the Dolphins?

Marino is the nuts.

I suppose you gonna tell me he's retired now right?

I went to the Aloha Bowl, in Honolulu, & Candlestick in 'Frisco, & another one near LA, I can't recall where.

I'm belatedly realising that I I like going to America a lot. I rather wish I'd gone there more, & done the "drive from New York to California" thing.

Maybe one day.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17569 on: February 16, 2010, 03:50:42 PM »

who's your nfl team?

Marino is the nuts.

I suppose you gonna tell me he's retired now right?

I went to the Aloha Bowl, in Honolulu, & Candlestick in 'Frisco, & another one near LA, I can't recall where.

I'm belatedly realising that I I like going to America a lot. I rather wish I'd gone there more, & done the "drive from New York to California" thing.

Maybe one day.

The Pasadena Rose Bowl?

The LA Coliseum?

A lot of UK fans went for the Dolphins. When UK TV first started covering it they, with Marino flinging it everywhere, were the glamour team

The cross-USA drive must be on your bucket list. It's on mine.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #17570 on: February 16, 2010, 03:51:08 PM »

yep. same as flushy so deserves mocking imo

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17571 on: February 16, 2010, 04:06:20 PM »

The BNP had to hold a Meeting on Sunday to formally confirm that "non-whites" could be Members, so as to avoid a Court injunction.

So, legally, they now admit non-whites. It does not change their vile thinking, however, not one bit. I'd love 3 milion "non-whites" to sign up & to block all their manifestos & Resolutions. That'd be well cool. BNP, the Party of Non-Whites.

Meanwhile, The Times Dominic Kennedy was amongst a whole bevy of Journos invited to attend, to help spread the "non-racist" BNP gospel. He did not stay long, after the BNP, objecting to a piece he had recently written, politely asked him to vacate the premises.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17572 on: February 16, 2010, 04:09:53 PM »

And here's the adorable BNP Leader, Mr Nick Griffin.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17573 on: February 16, 2010, 04:40:26 PM »

Is that poppy in remembrance of those who gave their lives in the name of freedom?

The older I get, the better I was.
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #17574 on: February 16, 2010, 04:40:49 PM »

I am constantly stunned by the level of ingrained racism that is present in a supposedly modern day society. (I know I shouldn't be surprised, but I almost always am).

I come across it nearly every day - the Golf Club that we were both members of, always struck me as a prime example. If people were telling jokes in the bar, it was inevitable that some would involve extreme racism.

At work the same.
I have spent some time over the last few days with a girl from my department, whose daughter has had some problems with a boy at school.
The boy is from a family of Asian descent.
It has taken me at least 2 chats with this lady (who is a v.nice lady in every other respect), to get past the fact that the family is of Asian descent, and to focus on what the issues are.

It is no surprise that the BNP has some momentum - it is deeply ingrained, and I think it will take at least one more generation for the situation to improve significantly.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17575 on: February 16, 2010, 04:44:50 PM »

I am constantly stunned by the level of ingrained racism that is present in a supposedly modern day society. (I know I shouldn't be surprised, but I almost always am).

I come across it nearly every day - the Golf Club that we were both members of, always struck me as a prime example. If people were telling jokes in the bar, it was inevitable that some would involve extreme racism.

At work the same.
I have spent some time over the last few days with a girl from my department, whose daughter has had some problems with a boy at school.
The boy is from a family of Asian descent.
It has taken me at least 2 chats with this lady (who is a v.nice lady in every other respect), to get past the fact that the family is of Asian descent, and to focus on what the issues are.

It is no surprise that the BNP has some momentum - it is deeply ingrained, and I think it will take at least one more generation for the situation to improve significantly.

Could you please stop making posts like this. I prefer to think of you as fat, jolly, and simple.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17576 on: February 16, 2010, 04:45:09 PM »

I went to see Regards yesterday, to sort out my motor. Changing cars is THE most stressful thing, you have to find documents, fill in forms, aaarrgggh, I'm hopelessly disorganized & impatient at all that stuff.

So after much rooting around the rubbish skip that is my kitchen, I chanced upon my "paper" driving licence, & it jolted my mind a bit.

I got disqualified from driving in January 2004, for 6 months.

The 2 offences that tipped me over 12 points had both occurred at Easter 2003, & it had taken 9 months to get to Court.

For the first, I had just Finalled at Gala Notts in a £20 Comp, & was pootling home along the A610 at 34mph at 04.30am, & I got flashed by a "hidden" camera.
It was Good Friday morning.

Unbelievably, the VERY next day - the Saturday morning after Good Friday, rinse repeat, this time 35mph, at 0500am.

10 days later, I got both "we got you" letters in the same Post.

I did not bother with a Solicitor, they can't Ban me for more than 7 days for that, at the very worst. I got 6 months.

It was the begining of the end for my working life, I could not do my job properly without a car, I'm too indepebndent to rely on lifts & taxis, & it totally done my head in.

Within 2 months, I was retired, & ready to sort out the bucket list. Then Poker Europa asked me to contribute some articles, Dave Colclough asked me to join blonde, da de da.

33mph instead of 34, or my AK missing, & it would all have been so different.

Weird how fate intervenes in life, for better or worse.

Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #17577 on: February 16, 2010, 04:46:54 PM »

A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it.  ~Max Planck

I think it applies here as well. It seems to be that, for a lot of people, racism is something that is bad in public but fine in private.

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17578 on: February 16, 2010, 04:47:31 PM »

Is that poppy in remembrance of those who gave their lives in the name of freedom?

Glad you saw the irony.

Interestingly - I think - the BNP have sickeningly hijacked the "Support Our Troops" campaigns & websites. Griffin is a vile & dreadful piece of sub-humanity.

jakally

View Profile
« Reply #17579 on: February 16, 2010, 04:47:41 PM »

Could you please stop making posts like this. I prefer to think of you as fat, jolly, and simple.

I can't remember ever being jolly - I think you have mistaken me for someone else.
Pages: 1 ... 1168 1169 1170 1171 [1172] 1173 1174 1175 1176 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: