blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:25:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 1440 1441 1442 1443 [1444] 1445 1446 1447 1448 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6333034 times)
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #21645 on: March 11, 2011, 04:45:50 PM »

(never touched drugs)

Although when I go out I find it reallllllly hard to get into it if I havn't drank.

stuff like this always makes me lol

I also have never touched drugs but when I go out find it really hard to get into it if I haven't had a couple of lines

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21646 on: March 11, 2011, 05:02:25 PM »

I've almost decided to start taking a daily dose of Aspirin. Not to cure any ailment, but more & more I become convinced that it is really a clever & useful thing.

It's gone in & out of fashion more times than enough - it's good for you, it's bad for you, dum de dum - but on balance, & as with everything, all things in moderation, it might just be the greatest.  

There was a great piece about it on the wireless last night - it was first patented by Bayer, of all peeps, back in 1890 something.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspirin

I hear that cod liver oil is good for you, too. Will you be taking any of that?

Nothing cod liver oil could do would induce me to take it.

Does it really come from the livers of Cod? Why not from the livers of haddock, or skate, or herrings?
They sell it in little tablets now. I take it in a combined Calcium/Cod liver Oil pill, although I don't know whether the stuff actually works or not.

Is it supposed to have restorative powers?

Nah, just maintain supple bones and joints and that sort of nonsense. My left shoulder joint is pretty much F'ed but this seems to help..though it might just be excersise. Who knows, some scientific studies claim that cod liver oil helps and the calcium thing is supposed to be good as well..... it can't hurt I guess.

Cod liver oil isn't pure cod liver oil in most tablets, sometimes there is shellfish in amongst other goodies too so it's worth checking labels for anything you could be allergic to.

One of the latest variants of cod liver oil tablets contain Glucosamine which helps to maintain a healthy heart, circulation & connective tissue (cartlidge cartilage & joints).

The Glucosamine variety are more expensive but are supposed to give more benefits. I find them better personally as I don't taste the oil all day after having one and they do help with my creaky knees and less than perfect circulation due to years of nicotine abuse!

Very informative.
7/10 fior spelling.

7/10 fior what now?

The older I get, the better I was.
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21647 on: March 11, 2011, 05:04:55 PM »

I've almost decided to start taking a daily dose of Aspirin. Not to cure any ailment, but more & more I become convinced that it is really a clever & useful thing.

It's gone in & out of fashion more times than enough - it's good for you, it's bad for you, dum de dum - but on balance, & as with everything, all things in moderation, it might just be the greatest.  

There was a great piece about it on the wireless last night - it was first patented by Bayer, of all peeps, back in 1890 something.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspirin

I hear that cod liver oil is good for you, too. Will you be taking any of that?

Nothing cod liver oil could do would induce me to take it.

Does it really come from the livers of Cod? Why not from the livers of haddock, or skate, or herrings?
They sell it in little tablets now. I take it in a combined Calcium/Cod liver Oil pill, although I don't know whether the stuff actually works or not.

Is it supposed to have restorative powers?

Nah, just maintain supple bones and joints and that sort of nonsense. My left shoulder joint is pretty much F'ed but this seems to help..though it might just be excersise. Who knows, some scientific studies claim that cod liver oil helps and the calcium thing is supposed to be good as well..... it can't hurt I guess.

Cod liver oil isn't pure cod liver oil in most tablets, sometimes there is shellfish in amongst other goodies too so it's worth checking labels for anything you could be allergic to.

One of the latest variants of cod liver oil tablets contain Glucosamine which helps to maintain a healthy heart, circulation & connective tissue (cartlidge cartilage & joints).

The Glucosamine variety are more expensive but are supposed to give more benefits. I find them better personally as I don't taste the oil all day after having one and they do help with my creaky knees and less than perfect circulation due to years of nicotine abuse!

Very informative.
7/10 fior spelling.

7/10 fior what now?

I'm going to claim that it was an attempt at humour on my part.

Reigning Blonde Fantasy Ashes and Super League Champions
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21648 on: March 13, 2011, 10:02:59 AM »

SPT Luton

With TommyD

Nice shirt

Don't own a comb

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21649 on: March 13, 2011, 11:08:37 AM »

Don't own a comb

Click to see full-size image.

Looks more like a pic of the same bloke ageing in three stages
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21650 on: March 13, 2011, 11:22:30 AM »

Now its complete
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21651 on: March 13, 2011, 11:26:17 AM »

Actually, as Im bored, one more
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #21652 on: March 13, 2011, 11:41:11 AM »

LMAO wpwp.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #21653 on: March 13, 2011, 11:52:19 AM »

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21654 on: March 13, 2011, 11:55:45 AM »

Orford, 23145

FYP

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #21655 on: March 13, 2011, 11:58:03 AM »

sigh

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21656 on: March 13, 2011, 01:13:18 PM »

Dave Shoelace - be bored more often. Fantastic stuff!

Can you bell me please? Need to discuss something, thanks.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21657 on: March 13, 2011, 01:55:25 PM »

Put http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12710020 on tikay

Incredible scenes. Harrowing and astonishing in equal measures

I've been Offline & a bit out of touch for a few days, & have been trying to catch up on it today.

It's just so awful, but gripping, too, I feel like a gawper watching it, but it's so compelling to watch.

I sort of need to contextulise it, so I try to imagine it happening somewhere in the UK.

And we cannot do a thing to help. Money is not the problem, nor is volunteer help. I don't do religion, or Church, either, but shorn of ideas, I almost feel like praying.

No 'leccy, or a huge lack of, will be the real crunch. Imagine it happening here, in the UK.  No 'leccy means no almost anything - comms, functioning Hossies, transport systems totally disabled, no internet, heat, shelter, even access to buildings, nothing. Looters will be happy, too.

The numbers dead or missing are beyond comprehension, too. I heard 10,000 this morning, but as I've not been able to follow the story since Friday evening, I've no idea, I can't judge it yet. The single fact that alerted me to the scale of it on Friday was that a train was "unaccounted for". How can a whole 800 ton train go missing? Now I hear three are missing.

I believe about 3,000 folks perished in WTC 9/11, & here we are talking, maybe, three times that? Oh my God. The story has  peculiar "slow-burn" to it, it's scale is so vast. In coming week & months, it may become the largest news story of my time.

Nucleur power will need to be re-addressed, too. We want meet demand without it, but we are an indulgent world, & we can't live without it.

Ann whilst all this was going off, I was at a Poker Tourney, as happpy as Larry.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21658 on: March 13, 2011, 02:02:27 PM »

Kinboshi posted this link on the japan thread

http://www.abc.net.au/news/events/japan-quake-2011/beforeafter.htm

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21659 on: March 13, 2011, 02:11:07 PM »

Kinboshi posted this link on the japan thread

http://www.abc.net.au/news/events/japan-quake-2011/beforeafter.htm

Beyond imagination.

If they were special effects in a disaster movie, you'd scoff at their impossibility.

I don't know what to say or think.

Pages: 1 ... 1440 1441 1442 1443 [1444] 1445 1446 1447 1448 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: