blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:00:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2675 2676 2677 2678 [2679] 2680 2681 2682 2683 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6332315 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #40170 on: October 18, 2014, 09:41:00 PM »

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #40171 on: October 18, 2014, 09:53:41 PM »

Just in case you're not aware of it Tony

There's currently an excellent programme on Rembrandt on BBC2

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40172 on: October 18, 2014, 09:59:08 PM »

I am aware Ralph, as I watched the previous programme - "Penguin-Cam". (Excellent).

Before I could switch over, some posh bloke started waffling on about some painter or other. Have had to resort to my library of stored stuff, and am watching a documentary about Penn Station.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #40173 on: October 18, 2014, 10:03:32 PM »

The Four Tops too David.

I've never heard gramps say a good word about Motown or Reggae.

Indeed The Four Tops and throw in Aretha Franklin too, and add a splash of Desmond Dekker and a large dollop of Cream.
My musical tastes range very wide.

Gramps has some very strange tastes.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #40174 on: October 18, 2014, 10:06:40 PM »

I am aware Ralph, as I watched the previous programme - "Penguin-Cam". (Excellent).

Before I could switch over, some posh bloke started waffling on about some painter or other. Have had to resort to my library of stored stuff, and am watching a documentary about Penn Station.

Philistinissimus. Do you like The Four Tops or any of their oevre?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #40175 on: October 18, 2014, 10:07:46 PM »

I'm watching my favourite Sherlock Holmes, Basil Rathbone, defeating the Nazis. Yes. The Nazis. The Voice of Terror if you ever want to watch it. He was Sherlock when war broke out, so they filmed an episode in a contemporary setting.

It's loosely based on the story of Lord Haw Haw, with anti-British radio broadcasts scaring the public. A Google led me here:

http://www.nickelinthemachine.com/2010/02/the-execution-of-lord-haw-haw-at-wandsworth-prison-in-1946/

I had no idea about his story. Wowzers!

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40176 on: October 18, 2014, 10:09:47 PM »

Philistinissimus. Do you like The Four Tops or any of their oevre?

No.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40177 on: October 18, 2014, 10:11:07 PM »

The Four Tops too David.

Correct, and you never will.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40178 on: October 18, 2014, 10:13:04 PM »

I don't think we should be mentioning Robbie Williams in the same sentence as The Beatles. Talented he may be but his success seems to owe more to the Kevin Keegan work ethic than the natural talent of a Gazza or a Cantona.

That Golden Age produced three bands who can be said to have influenced most of what has followed them IMO.
The Beatles, The Kinks and The Who each left a major mark. The Who survive and still rank as one of the best live acts I've seen this century.

At the same time as the British scene was developing the rise of Tamla and of Chess records with  artistes such as Marvin Gaye, Tammi Terrell,  Sam Cooke,The Supremes et al created the template for today's RnB.
Do you have some faves from that sector? Reach Out (I'll be there); Heard It Through The Grapevine; Dock of the Bay and so many more

By the way, Dark Side of the Moon predates Take That by 17 yrs, and Robbie's solo career by a lot more.

I will reply tomorrow David, and put you right.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40179 on: October 18, 2014, 10:25:45 PM »

I'm watching my favourite Sherlock Holmes, Basil Rathbone, defeating the Nazis. Yes. The Nazis. The Voice of Terror if you ever want to watch it. He was Sherlock when war broke out, so they filmed an episode in a contemporary setting.

It's loosely based on the story of Lord Haw Haw, with anti-British radio broadcasts scaring the public. A Google led me here:

http://www.nickelinthemachine.com/2010/02/the-execution-of-lord-haw-haw-at-wandsworth-prison-in-1946/

That 59 minute delay in his execution must have seemed like a lifetime.

Did you read the comments below the article? Some scary stuff there.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #40180 on: October 18, 2014, 10:27:34 PM »

The Four Tops too David.

Correct, and you never will.

Amazing statement, have you been smoking pot?

Can't wait for the denouement  

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #40181 on: October 18, 2014, 10:33:35 PM »

I watched this last week Tal, love all those Rathbone films.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #40182 on: October 18, 2014, 10:37:59 PM »

That 59 minute delay in his execution must have seemed like a lifetime.

Did you read the comments below the article? Some scary stuff there.

Amazing what an incredible power comes from freedom of speech.

Bobby, yes, that box set has my most watched DVDs in it (along possibly with Drop the Dead Donkey)

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #40183 on: October 18, 2014, 10:47:31 PM »

We didn't even mention Joey Barton

Or Vinnie Jones.

Now there's a man I REALLY don't like.

Martin Lewis?!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40184 on: October 18, 2014, 10:49:07 PM »

We didn't even mention Joey Barton

Or Vinnie Jones.

Now there's a man I REALLY don't like.

Martin Lewis?!

Ooh, good spot.

Another one to add to Camel's list.

Pages: 1 ... 2675 2676 2677 2678 [2679] 2680 2681 2682 2683 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: