blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:14:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3208 3209 3210 3211 [3212] 3213 3214 3215 3216 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6297405 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #48165 on: May 03, 2017, 04:56:35 PM »

Did my schedule today.

30th June Nugget $570

Grin

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48166 on: May 03, 2017, 04:57:00 PM »

Hi tikay
Glad to hear you are recovering well and we will still battle at the plo/plo8 tables again this year.

I've just booked 15th for 10 nights.

Spoilt for choice this year, literally could play a tournament every day if I'm in the mood.

Cheers
Rob

Kept meaning to reply to this.

Yes, I'm in good nick now & can't wait. I go on June 2nd.

Agree there is a great choice of 4 & 5 card games this year - will stick a schedule up shortly.

The only regret really is that the WSOP have dumped the $3,000 PLO8, which was easily my favourite tournament of the trip each year, & in which I have cashed twice in three attempts. 

It's been replaced by a $10,000 version. I'm reasonably confident I could cash in that, too, but at $10k, it's a tad too rich for me. So I'll play a few satellites to it, or if I have a deece win in something else I'll play it, if not, I'll have to swerve it.

I'll post a full schedule of all PLO, PLO8 & Big O MTT's during in Vegas during the WSOP shortly, it may be of use to you, Markycrash or Mr Doobs.
Suddenly had the urge to burn money. Must be time for the  Annual Anteek Roadshow staking debacle adventure

WTF? We made a profit again last year. Outrageous slur to suggest otherwise.

My playing schedule is imminent, just having a final dither, so it should be up in a day or so. It deffo won't include any $10k events, that I do know. Total spend likely to be similar to the last 2 or 3 years.

It was all a bit up in the air after the health incident, & I had to be sure I'd be in good shape again before committing, but I decided late last week that I'd be fine. Gill will be with me the first 10 days or so, & we will do the Tourist thing, & our annual West Coast trip, Amtrak & all sorts, then it'll be poker time.

Can't wait, 30 more sleeps, or if we use the perambulation scale, 60 more 2 mile walks.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #48167 on: May 03, 2017, 04:57:46 PM »

Switched back now.  Guess they have me marked down as pretty fickle right now.

I just noticed they are still offering miles for a pound each.  That is a pretty terrible offering now they have degraded the value of them so much.   

I note the Golden Nugget has a 250 plo8 the day before too.  I guess it is about time I made it down there.

3 days on the spin there are 08 comps at the Nugget. You might as well get a room Cheesy

25th - $250 PLO8
26th - $250 Big-O
27th - $570 PLO8/O8 Mix

Ha, didn't notice that.  Maybe go day 1 and see how I like the place.  Think I should play at least one tournament at the Wynn though.

See them advertising for dealers, so not sure how good the mixed game ones will be.

It's serviceable, and they're more tolerant of my drink driving than the Palazzo.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48168 on: May 03, 2017, 04:59:00 PM »

Did my schedule today.

30th June Nugget $570

Grin

Well I HAVE to play that one then so I can pay you & Sam back for anti-railing me at Venetian last year when I dusted off that huge stack in the Final.

I saw you posting on Stacey's Vegas thread on 2 + 2 the other day I think. Pretty sure it was you, it said "location - Claude's Bar".

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #48169 on: May 03, 2017, 05:03:24 PM »

Did my schedule today.

30th June Nugget $570

Grin

Well I HAVE to play that one then so I can pay you & Sam back for anti-railing me at Venetian last year when I dusted off that huge stack in the Final.

I saw you posting on Stacey's Vegas thread on 2 + 2 the other day I think. Pretty sure it was you, it said "location - Claude's Bar".

I'm downtown for the first 2 1/2 weeks, so will have plenty of time to antirail again Cheesy

Simon is coming out for a couple weeks, but has his other half in tow for the first week.

That's me. I've posted more on 2p2 in the last few months, than the previous 10 years. Still only venture into a few areas, though.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #48170 on: May 03, 2017, 05:24:19 PM »

Did either of you know Frank Jerome on 2plus2.  He was older than tikay, and used to mod there.  Sadly he passed away at the beginning of the year.  Felt like I'd known him ages despite never posting there.   Used to have extreme patience dealing with the youth there.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48171 on: May 03, 2017, 06:06:08 PM »

Hi tikay
Glad to hear you are recovering well and we will still battle at the plo/plo8 tables again this year.

Spoilt for choice this year, literally could play a tournament every day if I'm in the mood.

Cheers
Rob

Agree there is a great choice of 4 & 5 card games this year - will stick a schedule up shortly.

The only regret really is that the WSOP have dumped the $3,000 PLO8, which was easily my favourite tournament of the trip each year, & in which I have cashed twice in three attempts.  

It's been replaced by a $10,000 version. I'm reasonably confident I could cash in that, too, but at $10k, it's a tad too rich for me. So I'll play a few satellites to it, or if I have a deece win in something else I'll play it, if not, I'll have to swerve it.

I'll post a full schedule of all PLO, PLO8 & Big O MTT's during in Vegas during the WSOP shortly, it may be of use to you, Markycrash or Mr Doobs.
Suddenly had the urge to burn money. Must be time for the  Annual Anteek Roadshow staking debacle adventure

My playing schedule is imminent, just having a final dither, so it should be up in a day or so. It deffo won't include any $10k events, that I do know. Total spend likely to be similar to the last 2 or 3 years.

It was all a bit up in the air after the health incident, & I had to be sure I'd be in good shape again before committing, but I decided late last week that I'd be fine. Gill will be with me the first 10 days or so, & we will do the Tourist thing, & our annual West Coast trip, Amtrak & all sorts, then it'll be poker time.

Can't wait, 30 more sleeps, or if we use the perambulation scale, 60 more 2 mile walks.
As a shift worker, I often get to follow the rippage updates live. Worth the stake alone. Looking forward to doing it all again this year.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 04:57:04 PM by tikay » Logged

Cymru am byth
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #48172 on: May 03, 2017, 06:26:15 PM »

Did either of you know Frank Jerome on 2plus2.  He was older than tikay, and used to mod there.  Sadly he passed away at the beginning of the year.  Felt like I'd known him ages despite never posting there.   Used to have extreme patience dealing with the youth there.

I rarely go on there, so wasn't aware of him. You need extreme patience to read most of the threads, nevermind to moderate them.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #48173 on: May 03, 2017, 08:02:08 PM »

Ed Chamberlin is the biggest eulogizer of the lot - even more awestruck than Professor Cox who in fairness has some justification.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #48174 on: May 03, 2017, 08:19:07 PM »

Ed Chamberlin is the biggest eulogizer of the lot - even more awestruck than Professor Cox who in fairness has some justification.

How did Edwardo get involved in WSOP discussion?

Cheesy

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #48175 on: May 03, 2017, 08:58:29 PM »

How did Edwardo get involved in WSOP discussion?

Cheesy

Tikay mentioned Matt Chapman via some snooker folk in a semi-rant about "eulogizers" so I felt the irrepressable desire to throw Ed's hat into the ring.

Try not to skim-read the thread Mark Wink

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #48176 on: May 03, 2017, 10:14:34 PM »

Better see if Tighty can fix your quote button, as well as the email/pm problem Wink

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48177 on: May 04, 2017, 04:54:29 PM »

Did either of you know Frank Jerome on 2plus2.  He was older than tikay, and used to mod there.  Sadly he passed away at the beginning of the year.  Felt like I'd known him ages despite never posting there.   Used to have extreme patience dealing with the youth there.

Hi David,

No, I neither knew him and was not aware of him.

I looked up his Obit thread on 2 + 2 - wow, can't be many people on 2 +2 who got that much respect.

Numerous replies along these lines;

"Very sad news. He seemed such a nice man and was a great ambassador for the game he clearly loved and also this forum. He always acted kind and like a true gent even when faced with posters being rude/disrespectful. Plus you wouldn't find a more helpful member in the forum for any sort of Omaha 8 question. He will be missed."

If anyone is interested, his 2 + 2 tribute thread is here;

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/44/omaha-8-a/buzz-has-passed-away-1656147/

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48178 on: May 04, 2017, 04:57:28 PM »

Hi tikay

Cheers
Rob

Suddenly had the urge to burn money. Must be time for the  Annual Anteek Roadshow staking debacle adventure

As a shift worker, I often get to follow the rippage updates live. Worth the stake alone. Looking forward to doing it all again this year.

Is my memory playing tricks or are you, or did you used to be, a London tube train driver?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48179 on: May 04, 2017, 05:11:04 PM »

This absolute beaut is up for auction later this month & expected to fetch £3.5 million.

Don't see too many of these in your local Tesco car park.

Did you ever see a prettier car?

Pages: 1 ... 3208 3209 3210 3211 [3212] 3213 3214 3215 3216 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: