blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:37:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272477 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3271 3272 3273 3274 [3275] 3276 3277 3278 3279 ... 3778 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6297197 times)
engy

View Profile
« Reply #49110 on: June 20, 2017, 12:41:02 PM »

Unlucky Tony nothing you can do there, it's going in, just need one going your way bud
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49111 on: June 20, 2017, 12:44:44 PM »

Mrs Red told me to tell you meh.

The older I get, the better I was.
The Wycher

View Profile
« Reply #49112 on: June 20, 2017, 03:02:38 PM »

Unlucky really enjoying the updates though so keep it up.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49113 on: June 20, 2017, 06:40:11 PM »

Mrs Red told me to tell you meh.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #49114 on: June 20, 2017, 06:48:07 PM »

How have I missed staking this year? Pretty disappointed to say the least. That said after catching up on the last few pages of losses I am feeling a little brighter.

Oh and Brad said meh

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #49115 on: June 20, 2017, 06:57:54 PM »

Meh. Tosser.

It will surely turn soon. You seem to be playing well and just the odd spot going against you. Keep smiling...keep grinding....keep the faith.

Have you had any bets on Royal Ascot out there?. I was £3 up today, so I am crushing Sky Bet and expect a account closure soon Wink

Life has no rebuy options
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49116 on: June 20, 2017, 10:21:16 PM »

Hi Teeks
Hope you are well . I have just caught up on your diary for the first time in almost a year as I figured you would be in Vegas . Sorry to hear about the heart problems but it seems you're on the mend which is good news. Stopped smoking huh ? , got to be a good thing , am proud of you , wish I could kick the habit myself .  I can't believe you're still working though , hopefully it's ona part time, stress free basis .
will be a follower for the next couple of weeks.  I am expecting big things , much rippage and scoopio
Take care mate
Simon

ps  keep posting updates please as I am only 3 hours time difference here

Hi Simon,

Yup, had to quit the ciggies. In fact it is exactly 100 days today since I last had one. It has not been as hard as I imagined it would, but here in Vegas, for some reason, it's been really tough & I am sorely tempted to have one.

I am still working, yes, but I work from home these days. Sky have been amazingly good, they barely let me do anything these days & don't give me any stressful stuff to sort. I still act as first responder on the Forum Next Door which can be a bit stressy at times - poker players can be wholly unreasonable, they really can. I honestly don't know how I'd survive if I did not have my job, I genuinely love it. When they send me down the road, I have no idea how I'll manage, I just love being involved. I suppose it is sort of part-time, though I am sort of "on call" all the time. I try & give them good value, and generally contribute 5 or 6 hours per day, though very much less whilst I am out here, obv.    

No Vegas for you this year?

You still living in Florida?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49117 on: June 20, 2017, 10:27:53 PM »

How have I missed staking this year? Pretty disappointed to say the least. That said after catching up on the last few pages of losses I am feeling a little brighter.

Oh and Brad said meh

Well you sure dodged a bullet so far.

To be honest, I was in an awkward spot. You always stake me, always 5%, generally the first to ask, so I was unsure if you had forgotten, had gone busto, or just did not fancy it this year. I so nearly wrote to you, but it seemed a bit forward, or presumptuous, & I kinda make it a rule never to ask folks to stake me.

Shame really as you were a very involved staker, with tons of feedback. You even said something nice once.

Brad can say anything he wants, I love that man. Is he your boss now?

When the Sky Poker qualifiers arrive, we are taking them to Brad's Top Golf here in Vegas.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49118 on: June 20, 2017, 10:44:42 PM »

No poker today, having a rest day to catch up on e-Mails, PM's, texts & the like. I have an almighty backlog, & it's hard to keep up to be honest.

Nothing was scheduled for today, here's the schedule for the next few days;

Wednesday 21st June   WSOP   PLO   1,500

Thursday 22nd June   Aria   PLO8   465

Friday 23rd June   WSOP   PLO8   1,500

I did a little tot up last night, & I think we are $4,265 in the hole. ($365 + $600 + $600 + $600 +$1,500 + $600). So far, that is.

Will do a full reconciliation in due course, obv. Be nice to get a bit of blue ink on the page though.

Pompeynick

View Profile
« Reply #49119 on: June 20, 2017, 10:54:32 PM »

Don't worry Tony,
The tide will turn, you seem to be doing the right things.just that tricky minx, lady luck has decided to make you wait for your rewards.
Chin up and go again tomorrow.
No mention of choc ices or burgers this year, are they off the menu?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49120 on: June 20, 2017, 10:55:27 PM »

Temperature here right now?

47C, which is 116f.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49121 on: June 20, 2017, 11:03:01 PM »

Don't worry Tony,
The tide will turn, you seem to be doing the right things.just that tricky minx, lady luck has decided to make you wait for your rewards.
Chin up and go again tomorrow.
No mention of choc ices or burgers this year, are they off the menu?

Thanks Nick.

I've asked a few good judges & explained the key hands I've been involved in & they seem to say I'm doing the right thing. The "bare ace" thing in the WSOP Omaha Mix, for example, was the correct play, & if I had not tried it, it would have been the wrong play. Still never worked, mind......

Personally, I'm OK with it, it happens in Tournament Poker. I do feel a bit uncomfortable on behalf of the stakers though. All except meh bloke from Dereham, that is.

I am afraid I have yielded to the lure of burger & chips followed by Haagen Dazs choc ices. Can't resist them.

The quacks said no alcohol, no smoking, & only eat good food. As Michael Lee Aday, God bless him, famously sung......

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #49122 on: June 21, 2017, 12:41:07 AM »

Just caught up on the last few weeks Tony, keep the faith mate and enjoy it.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #49123 on: June 21, 2017, 12:42:01 AM »

The bare ace one seemed fine.  Your opponent's call seemed ambitious vs an old fella to me.  I flap a bit making the call with a king flush.

Surprised how many of the other hands I'd have played differently though.   Do you always open pot?  I noticed that you said a min raise seemed odd which is something I frequently do.  There are way more differences in playing styles in plo8, so I wouldn't worry unduly.

Anyway in Vegas now, so will likely see you tomorrow.  I have a new trick for getting an upgrade.  You arrive at the hotel to be told no rooms are available.  You then return an hour and 20 later to be told that there are still no rooms.  I must have given her a look that made her think it was wise to upgrade me right then.  I am worried about my poker face though.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49124 on: June 21, 2017, 04:14:10 AM »

The bare ace one seemed fine.  Your opponent's call seemed ambitious vs an old fella to me.  I flap a bit making the call with a king flush.

Surprised how many of the other hands I'd have played differently though.   Do you always open pot?  I noticed that you said a min raise seemed odd which is something I frequently do.  There are way more differences in playing styles in plo8, so I wouldn't worry unduly.

Anyway in Vegas now, so will likely see you tomorrow.  I have a new trick for getting an upgrade.  You arrive at the hotel to be told no rooms are available.  You then return an hour and 20 later to be told that there are still no rooms.  I must have given her a look that made her think it was wise to upgrade me right then.  I am worried about my poker face though.

Welcome to Vegas, David, hope the flight was ok. How are you sleeping now?

I just paid in for tomorrow. Got seat ........2. Marv.

No, I vary my opening size, depending on table, stacks, blinds, position, da de da.

When I referred to the guy who made an "odd" min-raise it was because he was UTG. Inevitably, a chain reaction set in and he ended up with a bunch of callers and a bloated pot out of position. It may have been intentional, of course, but I doubt it.

Pages: 1 ... 3271 3272 3273 3274 [3275] 3276 3277 3278 3279 ... 3778 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: