blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:08:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272478 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
tikay and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3527 3528 3529 3530 [3531] 3532 3533 3534 3535 ... 3778 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6297237 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52950 on: August 04, 2018, 09:31:09 AM »

Bloody love dogs, and Labradors in particular.

Such loyalty <3

I'm surprised you don't know the owner, Barry Carter - he lives in Yorkshire, too.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52951 on: August 04, 2018, 09:34:50 AM »

First thing I saw on Twitter today, & instead of the usual hate & negativity, was this beautiful photo of Barry Carter's dog. If this does not bring a smile, nothing will. No wonder dogs are man's best friend.

Click to see full-size image.

Thanks Teeks.

He has been through the wars of late, we've had to up the dosage of his medication for arthritis, which has given him the runs, but despite all that he is doing relatively well for his age of almost 10. 

I can safely say he has made us laugh every day for a decade without missing a day and all his asks for is every piece of food that he has ever seen.

As someone who works from home, he really has kept me as close to sane as I'll get.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52952 on: August 04, 2018, 10:04:01 AM »

That's a great testimonial, Barry.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
peejaytwo

View Profile
« Reply #52953 on: August 04, 2018, 10:07:49 AM »

My dog looks at me like that at 8.15 every morning for his walk.
Agreed, they make you smile each day.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52954 on: August 04, 2018, 02:22:55 PM »

You'll probably like my mouse mat

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52955 on: August 04, 2018, 02:28:57 PM »

You'll probably like my mouse mat

I do, yes, very nice too.

Not so sure about your sandals though, Barry.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52956 on: August 04, 2018, 03:02:39 PM »

Ha ha , good spot Teeks.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #52957 on: August 04, 2018, 06:10:19 PM »

Bloody love dogs, and Labradors in particular.

Such loyalty <3

I'm surprised you don't know the owner, Barry Carter - he lives in Yorkshire, too.

He's probably just down t'road from me.

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52958 on: August 05, 2018, 10:58:41 AM »

Last week TonyTats mentioned that part 3 of 3 of the TV show which follows the construction of London's so-called "SuperSewer" was to air.

I watched all 3, pretty good they were, too, with not too much of the usual dumbing down in these Engineering documentaries. The TBM, which arrived on 8 ships from France, was extraordinary.

Makes you realise just how amazing the design & construction of the original London sewer system is, still working well to this day, 150 years since it was constructed.

It was conceived, designed & project managed by a chap with the name of Joseph Bazalgette, later to be Knighted, & quite right too.

The intercepting sewers alone totalled 450 miles in length, all constructed by hand, with brickwork that remains as good as new even today, more than 150 years on. Extraordinary.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52959 on: August 05, 2018, 11:06:13 AM »

I've had to get back on the sensible diet & exercise regime.

I was 14st 12lbs on Jan 1st, & got that down to 11st 13lbs before heading off to Vegas.

I've since piled on 1st 6lbs, & was 13st 5lbs on Wednesday, when the health kick resumed.

I had no choice, the more bad food I ate, & the less I exercised, the worse I felt, (fancy that), & I've been really UTW since getting home from Vegas, in fact I was not feeling at all well throughout Vegas.

Been at it just 5 days now, & starting to feel better already.

My weight goes up & down, up & down, always has, always will I guess. I'll never learn.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52960 on: August 05, 2018, 11:23:34 AM »

Britney Spears appeared in front of 50,000 fans at Brighton Pride last night.

Her career has just been pop stuff aimed at pre-adolescents, but some of her music is a fun listen.

After a meteoric start to her career with the most enjoyable Baby One More Time, she came off the rails big time & her life entered a big downward spiral, with her weight going in the opposite direction, & all sorts of unpleasant life incidents.

She somehow got back on track though, with a Vegas residency lasting 4 or 5 years which grossed $140 million, & now something of a world tour, which includes Scarborough of all places.

I don't fly any flag for her, but I do enjoy seeing folks get their life back on track after adversity, even if it is self-inflicted.    

Before she did the Brighton gig, she did a spot of tourist stuff in London, with what I assume to be her kids. And then, she abandoned her mumsie wardrobe & demeanour, & turned up in Brighton with a somewhat dubious outfit.

She's just 36 & her first big hit was just 20 years ago. (Seems longer), & was the Taylor Swift of her generation. All in all, wp Britney.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 11:30:52 AM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52961 on: August 05, 2018, 11:25:35 AM »

If you've forgotten her first big hit - shame on you - here you go. Cheap pop, but really well done, & a cracking video, not devalued one bit by the worst miming you ever saw.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 11:29:09 AM by tikay » Logged

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #52962 on: August 05, 2018, 06:12:26 PM »

First outfit looks more dubious than the second, imo.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #52963 on: August 05, 2018, 06:14:41 PM »

I've had to get back on the sensible diet & exercise regime.

I was 14st 12lbs on Jan 1st, & got that down to 11st 13lbs before heading off to Vegas.

I've since piled on 1st 6lbs, & was 13st 5lbs on Wednesday, when the health kick resumed.

I had no choice, the more bad food I ate, & the less I exercised, the worse I felt, (fancy that), & I've been really UTW since getting home from Vegas, in fact I was not feeling at all well throughout Vegas.

Been at it just 5 days now, & starting to feel better already.

My weight goes up & down, up & down, always has, always will I guess. I'll never learn.

I went to the gym 4/5 times while I was in Vegas, but haven't been in the 3 weeks since I got back.

I've prob put a fair bit of the weight I lost out there back on, and will weigh myself when I start back in the gym on the 13th. Enjoying just eating whatever I want at the moment, though Smiley

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52964 on: August 05, 2018, 07:31:15 PM »

Just because he is flavour of the month here, his ailments continue, my mother's dog bit his ear today and cut him really bad. Ignore the sad face, he's been loving the attention.
Pages: 1 ... 3527 3528 3529 3530 [3531] 3532 3533 3534 3535 ... 3778 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: