blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:11:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 1536 1537 1538 1539 [1540] 1541 1542 1543 1544 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6297486 times)
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #23085 on: July 28, 2011, 11:15:40 PM »

I tried looking up the November Venetian & Caesars Deepie Schedule yesterday, but it's not been published yet, from what I can see, so I can't book the flights yet. The flights look plenty dear, but I'm not used to having to pay, as the Company normally do that. Marv.

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=54426.0 is the best we have so far. Don't forget that a large number of blondes/APATers are headed over on 17/11 - 24/11 as it's the 21st birthday of The Duke's only son. Oh,I think there's some APAT tournament also taking place that weekend...and a wedding.
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #23086 on: July 29, 2011, 10:36:14 AM »

I played Friday night, ran up a tidy stack, then ran it down again. It was only a £15 Comp, but the atmo was good, & whilst my stack was up & down, I managed a 2xup with my 9-5 which I 5 bet, & which collided with the 4-bet 9-10, but I housed up. Thin stuff that.

The truth is out at last - tikay has been getting Alex Martin to write his diary!

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #23087 on: July 29, 2011, 10:46:23 AM »

Did I just have a post deleted here Tony? On my phone so dint know I'd it posted or got rook off

Presumably the post you were looking for is the one on the Rivered Cardroom Thread (which was a reply to a tikay post)?

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #23088 on: July 29, 2011, 11:16:06 AM »

Did I just have a post deleted here Tony? On my phone so dint know I'd it posted or got rook off

Presumably the post you were looking for is the one on the Rivered Cardroom Thread (which was a reply to a tikay post)?
Cheers. Lol. I must be the most Inept person on here

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23089 on: July 29, 2011, 12:47:58 PM »

Cheers. Lol. I must be the most Inept person on here

Wouldn't go that far, but you're running Boshi pretty close Smiley

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23090 on: August 01, 2011, 11:01:50 AM »

Still trying to catch up with the Diary backlog, but I must jump ahead now to mention a quite extraordinary sporting achievement yesterday, which seems to have gone almost un-noticed during an admittedly tremendous sporting weekend, what with the incred 2nd Test, & plenty more besides.

Did anyone notice that Freddy Head's "Goldikova" achieved the (almost) unheard of feat of winning a FOURTH straight Group 1 win, in the Prix Rothschild, having already notched up three straight Breeders Cup wins?

Throw in the Queen Anne Stakes, + a few other "sundry" races, & that comes to no less than ELEVEN Group One wins.

And all that from a mare!

Has there ever been a better racemare in our lifetime? She's got a way to go to equal Sievier's "Sceptre", but off the top of my head, I can't think of a better modern-day racemare.

She is versatile, too, able to go with the front-runners pace, or be dropped out.

In fact, although the tendancy is for colts to retire early for reasons of breeding, there can't be too many horses of either gender who can equal Goldikov's record in recent times. I think Brigadier Gerard notched up 13, maybe a few others did better, but not many mares, surely?

Everytime a "Frankel" comes along, it's dubbed "Racehorse of the Century", (usually annually, sometimes twice annually...), but keeping a racehorse, even more so a racemare, fit over 4 or 5 seasons, is quite something, & for me counts a long way north of one-season wonders.

She's no doubt helped by being in the care of one of the world's great racehorse training families, the Heads.

Here's Goldi's wiki, though note it is not up to date as to yesterday's events.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goldikova

« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 11:14:55 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23091 on: August 01, 2011, 11:33:05 AM »

tony, please add this to your backlog.

i recently posted a thread which was later removed due to some supposed flaming on a different matter irrelevant to the thread. although the "villian" of the piece was unnamed i think most could/have guessed that it was you i was relaying the story about.

anyway what i would like is to hear your side of the story, did it happen? did it happen the way it was reported?and if it did happen you thoughts and reasoning behind your actions.

in case your unaware of what im referring to please speak to tighty or vinnie im sure they can point you in the direction of the thread on the deleted threads board.

regards

paul

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23092 on: August 01, 2011, 12:24:51 PM »

i recently posted a thread which was later removed due to some supposed flaming on a different matter irrelevant to the thread. although the "villian" of the piece was unnamed i think most could/have guessed that it was you i was relaying the story about.

anyway what i would like is to hear your side of the story, did it happen? did it happen the way it was reported?and if it did happen you thoughts and reasoning behind your actions.

in case your unaware of what im referring to please speak to tighty or vinnie im sure they can point you in the direction of the thread on the deleted threads board.

regards

paul

Thanks, Paul, but I have no intention of responding, beyond this Post, & people must come to whatever conclusions they so wish.  I've been playing Live Poker for many a year, so thousands of players have the ability to form a view based on playing with me down the years.

There was a Mods Board debate about the thread which ran to 3 pages, & to which 7 Mods contributed, but I never commented upon it once, I have better things to do with my time these days. You may have noticed that for some time now I have avoided the contentious blonde threads, & getting pulled into arguments that neither party can win, I can't be doing with all that stuff any more, though others are welcome to.

You may not be aware, either, but to set this in context, I'm getting serial dissed on several Facebook pages, largely by "anons" hiding their identity, in some cases by acquaintances, & I have studiously avoided commenting or replying on any of them, nor do I ever intend to.

It was stepped up a gear whilst I was in Vegas, with a series of e-Mails sent to different Execs of Sky Poker, including the Managing Director, accusing me of "inappropriate" behaviour towards females in Vegas. Yup, they really said that, though in more detail....  Again, I just ignored all this. It goes with the territory, I guess. Incredibly, the e-Mails purported to come from one of the Sky Poker Execs, but in fact were clear forgeries, using a "copycat" e-Mail address. Lovely.

So there seems to be a bit of a campaign in progress right now, but I can honestly say it does not bother me one iota, my life has moved into a new phase & I'm just winding down peacefully now, & I ignore it all, & paddle my own canoe quietly.

This Diary also largely avoids toxic stuff, & I'd rather like to keep it that way if possible. You have my e-Addy & phone number, & we bump into each other @ Luton now & then, if you wish to debate the matter further via those mediums, feel free.

Thanks.

PS - Congrats, belatedly, on your recent addition to the family.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 12:27:37 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #23093 on: August 01, 2011, 12:29:04 PM »

Dam I love tikays response Smiley

Enjoy live to the full ignore the rest.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #23094 on: August 01, 2011, 12:29:59 PM »

regards

paul

Perhaps you should have asked this question before you posted the thread in the first place?

It's probably best to find out if something really happened before you tell everybody about it.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23095 on: August 01, 2011, 12:31:55 PM »

Dam I love tikays response Smiley

Enjoy live to the full ignore the rest.

I've said it several times, I've moved on of late, & life is fantastic, & I plan to keep it that way.

I'm as happy as I've ever been, I really am, guess it's an age thing.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23096 on: August 01, 2011, 12:48:31 PM »

TK, Goldi has an amazing 14 Group 1s to her name. This was the first time any horse has won the same G1 4x (let alone in a row)

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/deauville-france-goldikova-bags-14th-group-1-in-prix-rothschild/893163/top/

An amazing mare and VWP to the Rothchilds for keeping her in training...how many horses are now retired when they've had their 3YO season?

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23097 on: August 01, 2011, 01:00:08 PM »

TK, Goldi has an amazing 14 Group 1s to her name. This was the first time any horse has won the same G1 4x (let alone in a row)

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/deauville-france-goldikova-bags-14th-group-1-in-prix-rothschild/893163/top/

An amazing mare and VWP to the Rothchilds for keeping her in training...how many horses are now retired when they've had their 3YO season?

Astonishing - from a mare, too.

She must have a shout at "greatest of the generation".

Wonder what her value as a broodmare might be? Priceless?

millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #23098 on: August 01, 2011, 01:32:56 PM »

Sorry for spamming, but i have recently opened a store, should anyone wish to purchase anything please PM me.

Please see below for some of my latest stock:

To write down all your wildlife sightings

To cuddle at night when the missus runs off

To blend in at the poker table with the rest of the youths. Hoodies coming soon.

turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23099 on: August 01, 2011, 02:16:49 PM »

regards

paul

Thanks, Paul, but I have no intention of responding, beyond this Post, & people must come to whatever conclusions they so wish.  I've been playing Live Poker for many a year, so thousands of players have the ability to form a view based on playing with me down the years.

There was a Mods Board debate about the thread which ran to 3 pages, & to which 7 Mods contributed, but I never commented upon it once, I have better things to do with my time these days. You may have noticed that for some time now I have avoided the contentious blonde threads, & getting pulled into arguments that neither party can win, I can't be doing with all that stuff any more, though others are welcome to.

You may not be aware, either, but to set this in context, I'm getting serial dissed on several Facebook pages, largely by "anons" hiding their identity, in some cases by acquaintances, & I have studiously avoided commenting or replying on any of them, nor do I ever intend to.

It was stepped up a gear whilst I was in Vegas, with a series of e-Mails sent to different Execs of Sky Poker, including the Managing Director, accusing me of "inappropriate" behaviour towards females in Vegas. Yup, they really said that, though in more detail....  Again, I just ignored all this. It goes with the territory, I guess. Incredibly, the e-Mails purported to come from one of the Sky Poker Execs, but in fact were clear forgeries, using a "copycat" e-Mail address. Lovely.

So there seems to be a bit of a campaign in progress right now, but I can honestly say it does not bother me one iota, my life has moved into a new phase & I'm just winding down peacefully now, & I ignore it all, & paddle my own canoe quietly.

This Diary also largely avoids toxic stuff, & I'd rather like to keep it that way if possible. You have my e-Addy & phone number, & we bump into each other @ Luton now & then, if you wish to debate the matter further via those mediums, feel free.

Thanks.

PS - Congrats, belatedly, on your recent addition to the family.

tony

firstly thank you for congrats on the birth of my daughter bethany, she is doing very well and is a month old tomorrow.

secondly im sorry but your reply is a cop out. it isnt a reply to me as i asked but a dig at the sad individuals who as you state are anonymously trying to deflamate your character.
as you no tony i'm not made that way,if i have something to say il say it to you so please dont tar me with the same brush as those idiots.

your reply is very clever and detracting from the point in question, so why not answer the point in question with a unaminous NO if it didnt happen. if thats the case il accept your answer and move on, but if it did happen like i know it did i think it would be nice as a figure in poker that people look upto could explain why he feels this sort of behavior is acceptable and not consider in any shape or form to be seen as collusion?

regards

paul

Pages: 1 ... 1536 1537 1538 1539 [1540] 1541 1542 1543 1544 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: