blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:10:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 1597 1598 1599 1600 [1601] 1602 1603 1604 1605 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6334366 times)
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #24000 on: November 26, 2011, 06:16:19 PM »

Been shopping to a few cities and shopping centres since I landed and Fosse Park is my favourite by a country mile.  Has everything in the one tidy location.  Get in, get out, no messing about.  Although Jack likes to park in McD's and WALK across to the shops to save travelling around looking for a spot.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24001 on: November 26, 2011, 06:19:00 PM »

Don't mention the F word. Shudder everytime Mrs B says she's making a trip there (great diary btw. Keep up the good work)

Not too cultured, RB?

PS - Good luck to Shelley next week @ DTD. Proper playa her.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24002 on: November 26, 2011, 06:27:25 PM »

Signed & sealed everything for my new London abode today, really pleased. Taken a 1 year tenancy on a Property right by the Thames, near Hampton Court Palace, & on the site of the old Hurst Park Racecourse. In fact, my address is the name of one of the famous jump races that used to be held @ Hurst Park.

I was due there at 11am today, but badly overslept, & never got up until 11.30am, whoops. Rung up, apologised etc, re-scheduled for 1pm.

The only outstanding thing to be sorted is the Sky TV & Broadband, which I get for free, but it's such a pain to sort out. All things being equal, I move in on December 17th, & get the Sky TV & Broadband on Monday 19th.

Pretty pleased to get a permanent London base, & now I can set to sorting out the refurbishment of my home in Derbyshire, after the flood last Xmas Day. I should have sorted it by now, but I sort of recoil at the very thought of even going there now. Ho hum.

Spent all afternoon clearing the backlog of PM's next door, they built up whilat I was on Holiday, but most are cleared now.

Got the TV Show tonight, & the Guest is Redmond Lee, aka Lolufold, who is a "very tidy" cash game player, who kills the biggest levels on Sky Poker. Nice kid, really nice kid, too, & he analyses the hands very well. See, always a bit of spam......

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #24003 on: November 26, 2011, 06:31:08 PM »

awesome.  when's the housewarming party?

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
b4matt

View Profile
« Reply #24004 on: November 26, 2011, 06:32:50 PM »

Give me a shout if i can be any help with the house building work mate.
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #24005 on: November 26, 2011, 06:38:03 PM »

awesome.  when's the housewarming party?

Guessing it will be more of a dinner party................will be  keeping the week before Christmas free ahead of the inevitable begging phone call......
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #24006 on: November 26, 2011, 06:39:58 PM »

Available for dinner party week before Christmas. Chompy just text me too to say he is up for it.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
luther101

View Profile
« Reply #24007 on: November 26, 2011, 07:47:02 PM »

Mmmmm      ....    Bushey Park, Eel Pie Island (where the Windup Radio Man lives) and Teddingon Lock on your doorstep - you'll love it.

Kempton Park none too far either    ....

outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #24008 on: November 26, 2011, 07:51:49 PM »

Very very nice!

I used to drive thru bushy park everyday when I worked in Esher (don't forget you have sanddown on your doorstep too).

A cold autumn morning in bushy park will get you giddy with wildlife excitement

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #24009 on: November 26, 2011, 07:58:35 PM »

Available for dinner party week before Christmas. Chompy just text me too to say he is up for it.

I have it on good authority that he has a dining room especially for entertaining and hosting such affairs.

I'm free too.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #24010 on: November 26, 2011, 08:00:43 PM »

Next month pretty much fully booked for work-based Xmas dooooos/jobbies but could make the 16th or 19th. Suggest Harvester if there's one nearby. I'll even pay for the starters after I tidmof the Luton main event last night.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #24011 on: November 27, 2011, 12:38:41 AM »

Also available mid to late Dec for house warming bash, sounds like a grand night out. Much more likely to turn up there than on 865, espcially after my fall out with Sky today (which is now sorted).

And to think, I used to get Sky for free when I was Sports Ed of TV Times, the VIP installer was doing me, Jade Goody and Linford Christie the day I was connected, what a line up.

6pm start for the PLO £100r tomoro, had  great starting table yesterday, me, Karl M, ActionJack, Chaz, Jerome, Adam Vinson and some value. Defo a spot for u in there...
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24012 on: November 28, 2011, 07:13:41 AM »

Will reply to the comments & questions after I've done some work, but for now, how about this for a wonderfully inspired piece of writing?

The jackdaws arrived on foot this morning, looking for all the world like a gang of council workers with their donkey-jacket plumage drawn tightly about their shoulders. They call loudly to each other as they swagger about and dig the lawn. Laddish chatter peppered with obscenities. A brief disagreement, a joke, squawks of laughter.

That, & lots more like it, is on Red's Diary. Well worth a read, if you don't already. It's here, & it began nearly 4 years ago......

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=30601.0

The opening line?

Have you ever had one of those feelings when you just know that something is going to happen?

4 years later, he has still not got to the point. Fun getting there, though.

dllewellyn

@daiboot on twitter

View Profile
« Reply #24013 on: November 28, 2011, 08:34:43 AM »

Food for though on Mon morning!

3 companies control 90% of the global corn (maize) market: ADM ,Cargill and Bunge

58% of all corn(maize) seeds are provided by just two global companies: DuPont and Monsanto

DAI
julian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24014 on: November 28, 2011, 10:21:34 AM »

congrats on the digs dude, we look forward to an invite...
will you miss the convenience of hotel living, ala alan partridge?
hopefully there's an esso shop nearby for sausage rolls, scotch eggs etc
x
Pages: 1 ... 1597 1598 1599 1600 [1601] 1602 1603 1604 1605 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: