blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:50:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2622 2623 2624 2625 [2626] 2627 2628 2629 2630 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6319095 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #39375 on: August 19, 2014, 03:33:26 PM »

Comic actor is his main gig. He has actually won a Tony Award before.

Never been a fan of his, especially after this

Weird how we can differ sometimes. I saw that and thought pretty much the exact opposite. Did a little googling and seems like Sir Patrick was perhaps more the pantomime villain in this instance.

http://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/magazine/jo-elvin/2010/06/james-corden-patrick-stewart

I thought much the same, and I'm no huge fan of James Corden.

Thought it was pretty funny when Stewart tried digging him out, and nobody really had a clue what he was saying.

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #39376 on: August 19, 2014, 03:34:10 PM »

Patrick Stewart maybe came across a bit teacher like to Corden, but in this he gives a fantastic off the cuff answer to a question on domestic abuse.

I don't like Start Trek, but I'll always respect Patrick Stewart for this speech.

While happilly I've not been directly affected by domestic violence, I've known people that have & people that still live with the scars of it, mental & physical.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 03:41:03 PM by Rod Paradise » Logged

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #39377 on: August 19, 2014, 03:37:04 PM »

Stewart hardly covers himself in glory in that clip does he?

A fat gag, another fat gag and then another one none of which get a laugh

Not a massive Corden fan but think he is more than "proven" now after being in the west end for years,
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #39378 on: August 19, 2014, 05:39:07 PM »

League of their Own is the funniest thing on the telly & James Corden is hilarious. Check out the commitment on his face in the synchronised swimming task, lol, or Comic Relief in the car with George Michael, lolol, or his team talk in the England dressing room, lololol, "Crouchy, when I look at you everything tells me you should be rubbish at football". Load of stick in the muds round here imo!!

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #39379 on: August 19, 2014, 06:28:13 PM »

Love Corden <3

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39380 on: August 20, 2014, 07:53:58 AM »

League of their Own is the funniest thing on the telly & James Corden is hilarious. Check out the commitment on his face in the synchronised swimming task, lol, or Comic Relief in the car with George Michael, lolol, or his team talk in the England dressing room, lololol, "Crouchy, when I look at you everything tells me you should be rubbish at football". Load of stick in the muds round here imo!!

Ahh, THAT is where I remember him from. I did actually enjoy that.

Even so, standing on stage with his hands in his pockets is sloppy & disrespectful when in the company of a Sir bloke. He should bow, doff his hat, & do things like that.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #39381 on: August 20, 2014, 08:08:51 AM »

Stewart has done quite a few comedy things in recent years. He plays a regular character in American Dad, the head of the CIA (and briefly lover of the main character's daughter, Hayley Smith), Director Avery Bullock.

He's played a couple of roles in Family Guy, too. Avery Bullock has made an appearance or two, but he voices the character Suzie Swanson, Joe and Bonnie's infant daughter.

He also makes occasional appearances on The Daily Show, most brilliantly "covering" for British reporter John Oliver during the writer's strike.

My favourite, though, without a moment's hesitation, was as Number One, the leader of a chapter of an ancient, secret order called The Stonecutters in the Simpsons. The song in that episode - called We Do, in the episode Homer the Great - was nominated for an Emmy, if memory serves.

"Remove the stone of shame!"
"Woo hoo!"
"Attach the stone of triumph!"
"Ohhhh..."

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
The Wycher

View Profile
« Reply #39382 on: August 20, 2014, 09:42:38 AM »

I have to admit to being a Patrick Stewart fan (being of the star trek the next generation generation) I also saw him in Waiting for Godot with Gandalf. They were absolutely brilliant.

James Corden actually found fame via the History Boys both on the West end and in film with the late great Richard Griffiths.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39383 on: August 20, 2014, 10:12:12 AM »

Seems to be quite a bit of film chatter in the thread at the mo, (sigh...) & it reminds me of the demise of Robin Williams again.

Barry Norman, who enjoyed much success with the "Film" programmes on BBC back in the days before Rossy took over, wrote quite a strong piece about Robin.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/film-news/11041606/Robin-Williams-was-addicted-to-tooth-rotting-sentimentality-says-Barry-Norman.html

Includes....

“....If we forgive the bad films he is a great loss.”

"...talent was “spread so thinly as to be almost invisible...”".

".....every actor makes bad films occasionally but what was remarkable about Williams was not that he was so good in the good ones but that he was so very bad in the bad ones.”

I actually like the notion that just because someone has died, we should not feel obliged to just say nice things, & ignore the warts. I have no idea if Robin was an exceptional talent, though I do know I found him a brilliant comedian & Talk Show guest.

I do think though, that there is a time & a place, & a few week's grace is right & proper, & respectful, before we examine the warts.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #39384 on: August 20, 2014, 10:13:35 AM »

Hasn't Corden since sayed he let the fame go to his head and was a bit up his own arse around that time? Seems a deece egg these days.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39385 on: August 20, 2014, 10:19:08 AM »

Even so, standing on stage with his hands in his pockets is sloppy & disrespectful when in the company of a Sir bloke. He should bow, doff his hat, & do things like that.

Indeed, like Sir Jimmy Saville, Sir Fred Goodwin etc etc
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39386 on: August 20, 2014, 10:29:15 AM »

Indeed, like Sir Jimmy Saville, Sir Fred Goodwin etc etc

Yes yes, exactly. *

* Terms & Conditions apply

PS - I'm not quite sure why Sir Fred Goodwin became so terribly vilified, I don't think he deserved that. Arguably, he failed at his job. He's far from alone there.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 10:32:21 AM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39387 on: August 20, 2014, 10:37:42 AM »

For reasons I need not bore you with, I was looking up the history of, perhaps, the most famous racing greyhound ever last night, Mick The Miller.

What a peculiar thing that pre-emptive search is on google.

When I typed in "Mick The......" the first thing that came up was.....

Mick the Master Farter

What the hell?

I find it rather odd & tiresome that grown-ups see humour in farting. But I could watch this clip tiime & time again, & never tire of it.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39388 on: August 20, 2014, 10:37:51 AM »

So, having discovered "Kevin Bloody Wilson" by dint of that Master Farter thing, I looked him up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Bloody_Wilson

Good lord. Look at that list of songs he is responsible for. See "List of some better-known songs". Ugh.

Amazing way of making a living I suppose. Hard to imagine who would pay to see & hear that stuff, but seemingly he is very popular. TV & Radio are not ready for him yet, thank God.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39389 on: August 20, 2014, 11:05:33 AM »

Intrigued by the google pre-emptive thing, I researched further. "I like" brings up all sorts.

"I like the smell of" & "I like the taste of" do bring up some particularly odd results.

How is that algorithm based? Are those pre-emptive suggestions based on number of requests?

We live in strange times.

Pages: 1 ... 2622 2623 2624 2625 [2626] 2627 2628 2629 2630 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: