blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:46:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2730 2731 2732 2733 [2734] 2735 2736 2737 2738 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6333642 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #40995 on: January 26, 2015, 11:10:02 AM »

He had 3-2 in PLO?  Bit harsh they only gave him 2 cards, but I guess if you only have 2 cards and hit trips it is hard to fold?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40996 on: January 26, 2015, 11:16:50 AM »

He had 3-2 in PLO?  Bit harsh they only gave him 2 cards, but I guess if you only have 2 cards and hit trips it is hard to fold?

Behave.

No idea what the rest of his hand was, we were opposite ends of the table, & my eyes are bad.

Anyway, we get a table move, & are surprised to see a chap sat with over 100,000 (from 12,000) after Level 4. Oh yes.

Let me introduce you to Mr Terry Jordan.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40997 on: January 26, 2015, 11:22:11 AM »

Terry J

A cross between Avi from Luton and the cast of Minder.

please tell me you got him to pass at some point in a single hand?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40998 on: January 26, 2015, 11:34:58 AM »

Terry J

A cross between Avi from Luton and the cast of Minder.

please tell me you got him to pass at some point in a single hand?

Well without pre-empting this incredibly gripping tale, no. Not once. I shared 2 tables with him over 4 hours, & I'm sure he never folded any hand, ever, at any stage. 

We got an very well as it happens, & had a lot of laughs. But fold, no no no.

So I had to try & adapt a strategy to take him on. He was always to my immediate left, too, which made it interesting.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40999 on: January 26, 2015, 11:55:15 AM »

Terry Jordan then.

I thought I knew how to catch him, but it never panned out as I had hoped.

He was in every pot with, literally, any 4, & he piled the pressure on every street, really used his mountainous stack well.

I needed to hit a board hard, & I took a few pots off him, but mainly I kept missing & getting bullied off, including one particularly bad pass, on reflection.

On balance, I think I was too cally-chasey against him, then he'd pot it on the end & I'd have to fold. I was really struggling to hit a board hard. Even when I had premiums & re-potted him, he'd come along, the flop would come bad, & he'd get me off.

Not complaining, I just did not really know how to combat his style, & my stack just dwindled.

Down to 12 players, (7 paid) & I was ready to have a spin with him if I could engineer it, but whenever I tried, others came along to spoil my dynamic.

Anyway, bla bla, after a nice treble up, to get back in it, I found this piece of insipid poo, & Terry joined me in the pot.....

The flop was  most pleasing......

And we got it all-in.

Terry showed......

two hearts

This was a typical Terry hand. 

So I just needed to hold.

Unforch, he filled up on the turn, & then, for good measure, again on the river, too. Bugger, that pot would have....well, you know, bla bla.

We shook hands, "gg & gl" & that was that, £220 down the jolly old swanee.

Tremendously enjoyable though. 

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41000 on: January 26, 2015, 12:04:06 PM »

And if you think a Tourney Report that includes a photo of a tube train & being told to remove my titfer is weird, by a strange chance, a table companion, who I did not know from Adam, tweeted me this morning.

We had chatted a bit, & he'd made a sort of weird remark that as a sponsored Pro I should be wearing a patch. Sponsored? I wish. I was wearing a patch, though, but it was as hot as hell up there, & so I had removed my jacket.  

Here was his tweet......

SageDonkey ‏@sagedonkey  2h2 hours ago
@Tony_Kendall It was me who quipped about your (lack of) Sky Poker badge ;-) Here's my PLO tournament report http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/178/staking-rails/follow-your-sage-donkey-his-ept-deauville-plo-quest-1493442/ … Post #11

And his rather unusual TR is here.....

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/178/staking-rails/follow-your-sage-donkey-his-ept-deauville-plo-quest-1493442/

He rated his play as 9.7 out of 10.

As I rated mine at about 4 on that scale, guess I should not say too much, but 9.7 out of 10 seemes a bit ambitious. Only Plinop can say that, right?

He was perfectly pleasant, mind, & I never saw him do much wrong, but I'm not sure about 9.7, his aggression levels were similar to mine, which says it alll really. Maybe we use different scales.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #41001 on: January 26, 2015, 12:11:27 PM »

While we're on the subject of PLO how about this little beauty from last night.

Three-handed OTB I open 65k from c450k (blinds are 12.5k/25k) with 6677 dd and big stack (850k) in BB calls.

Flop comes which I quite liked, even when all the chips went in.

Unfortunately billy bigstack had Kx ss and the spade on the turn cooked me.

Couldn't have really asked for a better spot though.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41002 on: January 26, 2015, 12:13:58 PM »

I wandered downstairs during one break, & had a nice chat with the 'Stars updaters - Nick Wright & Rod "Jungle Cat", with, on latte duties, none other than Jen Mason, so that added to the fun.

Some blonde blasts from the past there......

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41003 on: January 26, 2015, 12:16:48 PM »

Three-handed OTB I open 65k from c450k (blinds are 12.5k/25k) with 6677 dd and big stack (850k) in BB calls.

You know how to hit a flop, Ralph. Very nice.

I was opening a lot wider than usual yesterday, not exactly splashing around, but definitely more adventurous than my normal nitty self. 

Where was that, Tilt? You still bossing it there?

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #41004 on: January 26, 2015, 12:17:54 PM »

"I played exceptionally well and aside from one tiny almost inconsequential error that cost me 150 chips, I would say that I played perfect PLO MTT poker. This is why I rate my play as 9.7 out of 10.

Sorry I couldn't cash for everyone but I played 97% as well as it is possible to and will carry forward this confidence in my ability into the remaining tournaments."

Think things are just different on 2+2. Imagine being a 2+2 football manager...

"A 3-1 defeat at home, Bob. Sum up your reaction to the fans booing you"

"I think what people have to realise is we didn't concede a goal in 87 of the 90 minutes. It was only in minutes 5, 47 and 82 that we conceded goals. Otherwise, our defending was outstanding and, frankly, perfect. It's hard to take criticism when people just don't understand the maths. Those three minor errors aside and we would have won the game."

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #41005 on: January 26, 2015, 12:23:43 PM »

You know how to hit a flop, Ralph. Very nice.

I was opening a lot wider than usual yesterday, not exactly splashing around, but definitely more adventurous than my normal nitty self. 

Where was that, Tilt? You still bossing it there?

'Stars Tony. I've not played at all on FTP for at least six mokths now.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41006 on: January 26, 2015, 12:35:05 PM »

"I played exceptionally well and aside from one tiny almost inconsequential error that cost me 150 chips, I would say that I played perfect PLO MTT poker. This is why I rate my play as 9.7 out of 10.

Sorry I couldn't cash for everyone but I played 97% as well as it is possible to and will carry forward this confidence in my ability into the remaining tournaments."

Think things are just different on 2+2. Imagine being a 2+2 football manager...

"A 3-1 defeat at home, Bob. Sum up your reaction to the fans booing you"

"I think what people have to realise is we didn't concede a goal in 87 of the 90 minutes. It was only in minutes 5, 47 and 82 that we conceded goals. Otherwise, our defending was outstanding and, frankly, perfect. It's hard to take criticism when people just don't understand the maths. Those three minor errors aside and we would have won the game."

Seems to be quite an interesting chap.

He "rates" all of his MTT's out of 10.

If you thought my posts kacked brevity, this might just be the longest Post rever on 2+2.....I love the enthusiasm, though, don't get me wrong.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/184/staking-selling-shares-live/sagedonkeys-ept-deauville-plo-package-51-lifetime-live-mtt-roi-1491611/

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #41007 on: January 26, 2015, 12:41:14 PM »

He played the UKIPT PLO last year. We come back for day 2 [thin] and he unfolds 2 pages of closely typed A4 which was his notes on every one of the remaining players. He'd been up most of the night researching on THM, 2+2 etc. Told every player what he thought of them and how they played.

I was on his table for the whole of the two days, breathed through his ears.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41008 on: January 26, 2015, 12:43:59 PM »

So, that was that, & I sauntered down to the platform on Leicester Square Tube station, only to be alerted by

EVACUATE IMMEDIATELY, EVACUATE IMMEDIATELY

There was no visible signs of any problem, but we all headed for the escalators.

Nobody was being admitted to the station, & we were all trying to get up on one escalator. Escalator 2 was static, & escalator # 3 was still heading "down", so it was a bit of a crush. 

After getting through the turnstile things, the staff were all shouting "GET OUT IMMEDIATELY, THE STATION IS BEING EVACUATED".

There are (at least) 3 exits, all via staircases, & each exit splits in two, to give 6 ways to get out onto the street. But the accordian "barriers" had been closed at 5 of them, so we all had to exit via a single staircase, several hundred of us.

It was actually a bit scary, as the crowd just shuffled up the steps, ever so slowly, & I wondered what sort of panic there may have been if there were a fire, & dense smoke, or whatever.

Eventually, I got out, & was quite relieved.

Then I had to walk to Piccadilly Circus Tube Station, which is a good 3 miles away, but I'm fit as a fiddle, & I managed it with only 2 rest breaks.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41009 on: January 26, 2015, 12:45:58 PM »

He played the UKIPT PLO last year. We come back for day 2 [thin] and he unfolds 2 pages of closely typed A4 which was his notes on every one of the remaining players. He'd been up most of the night researching on THM, 2+2 etc. Told every player what he thought of them and how they played.

I was on his table for the whole of the two days, breathed through his ears.

Ha!

Gotta love the enthusiasm.

I said "hello" to you yesterday, & went off on one of my talky rambles, before realising it was not you. I was about 10 minutes in by then.....

You going to The Vic on Thursday for the 4/5/6 thing?

Pages: 1 ... 2730 2731 2732 2733 [2734] 2735 2736 2737 2738 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: