blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 05:08:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272954 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2739 2740 2741 2742 [2743] 2744 2745 2746 2747 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6393977 times)
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #41130 on: February 09, 2015, 08:09:14 PM »

Rent a car Pleno, then stay somewhere that doesn't reek of cigarettes and has a variety of restaurants that you might actually want to visit.

i cant drive (lol) ;(

It's Feb, WSOP is in June, learn. Not just for WSOP but so you can have a better standard of living.
Or Pads could be a younger/mini version of Dubai and have his missus, me and you ferry him around......

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #41131 on: February 09, 2015, 09:28:00 PM »

Rent a car Pleno, then stay somewhere that doesn't reek of cigarettes and has a variety of restaurants that you might actually want to visit.

i cant drive (lol) ;(

It's Feb, WSOP is in June, learn. Not just for WSOP but so you can have a better standard of living.

Wouldnt matter. Have to have your licence at least 12 months (some in the US are 2 years) to hire a car/be put on a hire car as named driver.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #41132 on: February 09, 2015, 10:18:19 PM »

Sponging for another Vegas jaunt I see.

I suppose I'm in for 1% but obviously with a sense of impending doom....

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41133 on: February 10, 2015, 10:33:06 AM »

Hailstorm causes serious damage

http://www.airlive.net/2015/02/emergency-hailstorm-causes-serious.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41134 on: February 10, 2015, 10:55:30 AM »

My my, that's quite something.

The nose cone, as such, has no structural purpose other than streamlining, it's a piece of relatively thin material, but it takes something to damage it like thar. The cockpit windscreens must have taken a battering, too.

Never seen that Website before, looks quite interesting, though the various tags seem unresponsive. Oddly, the story does not seem to be on PPRuNe yet. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41135 on: February 10, 2015, 11:07:56 AM »

Thanks Rod.

Nice story, though the style of writing grated terribly.

Oddly, that journey does not appeal, as it is on those dreadful Virgin Cross Country trains, which are sort of upgraded plastic DMU's.

My two favourite UK long distance train journeys are Paddington - Penzance (with the bonus of slam-door stock), & Kings Cross - Edinburgh. I'd like to do that right up to Inverness one day.

The Euston - Fort William is another I've not done yet, & would like to give the Paddington Penzance night sleeper another go, which I last did over 60 years ago.

Was in Fort William a year or two back, & we popped into the Station, just wanted to see it, & as luck would have it, the sleeper was on the platform. Could not resist climbing aboard & feeling the atmo. Something about "Sleeper Trains" is quite magical.

Visited Lake Geneva ecently, too, & spent a lot of time exploring their railway network, which is exceptionally good.

The appeal of trains to so many is an odd thing, but universally true.

Talking of "Bucket List" items, I ticked a little one last weekend. I'd best update the staking Posts first, but I'll relate it after I've done that. Oh, the suspense.....
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 11:20:18 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41136 on: February 10, 2015, 11:19:28 AM »

Tikay have you ever done this one?

or this one?

Got a trip booked in a couple of months

Sorry David, I somehow missed this.

You lucky man, I've not done either.

The first one is Bergen, Norway? What a lovely place that is, & I could write a whole chapter of a book about my experiences there, both with Poker 425, & an illegal poker Tournament that was interrupted by the King (or was it Queen) of Norway.

That trip was the first time I ever met, or even heard of, a young man named Johnny Lodden. Think it was around 2004.

He just blew everyone away in the Tourney, never seen anything like it (at the time). We just played Aces & Kings, paint pairs & the like in those days, but Lodden was all 3-4, & 7-5 type stuff. We all thought he was bonkers.

I'm pleased to say we remain good mates to this very day, he has never forgotten me, is always very kind, & even offered to buy some of my action one year in Vegas. Knew he was bonkers.    

I like him immensely, maybe in my Top 10 (poker) people of all time, I like everything about him. I'm sure someone will spoil my mental image of him, & tell me is is a scammer or whatever, but he seems spot on to me, a man who wins & loses in equally good heart.

Anyway, do enjoy your trips - are you taking the children?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 11:24:52 AM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41137 on: February 10, 2015, 11:28:31 AM »

Oddly, in the same Tourney in Norway, I first met this man, too. Now he WAS a big star then, just about the biggest name in poker at the time.

I bet many of the new school lads don't even know who he is.

Not sure what he does these days. I heard he lived in Vegas, hustled on the golf course, & does a lot of sports betting. What a life. Last time I saw him he had the most gorgeous young lady in tow.

The boy did well.  

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41138 on: February 10, 2015, 11:37:19 AM »

Very much the Isildur1 of the time, had that 'enigma' thing about him.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41139 on: February 10, 2015, 11:38:14 AM »

Lodden, or t'other kid?

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41140 on: February 10, 2015, 11:41:20 AM »

Lodden, or t'other kid?

Actually both, but I was referring to t'other kid.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41141 on: February 10, 2015, 11:42:14 AM »

Obviously Jedi Tikay is a popular chap and no doubt all of his potential action has been taken but if u have a spare 1% I'll take it. If not no worries and good luck when u go. Hopefully I'll be going for the first time later in the year, health and wealth all being ok.

Of course, delighted Mr Omm.

There'll be plenty spare, no danger there.

How is your health these days, if I may ask, I know you've had quite a torrid time? Just don't reply if it's awkward, or the question is overly intrusive.

Will be updating the list very shortly, you'll be on it.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41142 on: February 10, 2015, 11:43:26 AM »

1% of the Vegas action pls!

BOOM!

Thanks Nick.

See you at the Sky Poker UKPC, I hope?

AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41143 on: February 10, 2015, 11:45:46 AM »

Oddly, in the same Tourney in Norway, I first met this man, too. Now he WAS a big star then, just about the biggest name in poker at the time.

I bet many of the new school lads don't even know who he is.

Not sure what he does these days. I heard he lived in Vegas, hustled on the golf course, & does a lot of sports betting. What a life. Last time I saw him he had the most gorgeous young lady in tow.

The boy did well.  

Had to double check that was who I thought it was. Fond of an additional pie or two these days it seems.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41144 on: February 10, 2015, 11:47:39 AM »

Updated Potential Vegas Staking 2015

These are non-binding by the buyers - they can withdraw later if they wish, if & when the package comes together.

Much appreciated Gents (& Lady), thank you.

redsimon - 1%

NAKOR - 1%

Sharplea - 1%

Mohican - 1%

Knottikay - 1%

Quite Old Fen Bloke - 1%

Forth Thistle - 1%

MANTITS - 5%

sonour - 1%

engy - 1%

Very Elderly Ex Posh Bloke, Dunstable region, yuh - Full Monty (maybe)  

Mr PLO8 Longines 1%

Omm 1%

Redbull 1%

Matt The Hoople 1% (offered via PM to take up to 5% if it remains available)

Bobby1 - £150
(via PM)

Adam Picken 1%

BOOKED
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 08:36:59 AM by tikay » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 2739 2740 2741 2742 [2743] 2744 2745 2746 2747 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: