blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:23:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272606 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2923 2924 2925 2926 [2927] 2928 2929 2930 2931 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6332001 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43890 on: January 05, 2016, 01:07:42 PM »

My turn comes eventually. Glory be, thank gawd for Kwik Fit.

"We have a problem Mr Kendall."

"YOU have a problem?"

It seems the inside wall of the tyre has badly split. And Kwik Fit don't have this particular run flat in stock, will take 24 hours.

Nearest Kwik Fit with one in stock? Milton Keynes.

"How far is that, please?"

About 10 miles Mr Kendall.

Lovely job.

Best try and limp to MK then.

The nice man gives me the postcode, so I dial it in to the sat nav.

"Distance to destination - 22.7 miles"

No problem. This will be a fun 22 miles.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 01:10:09 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43891 on: January 05, 2016, 01:08:33 PM »

The morning is going well.

Puncture on the M1 near Northampton Services.

Luckily, had the (non 3G) IPad with me, so tethered to my phone, went on Internet "nearest Kwik Fit". That required my location postcode, so found that, pressed some buttons, and then got the Kwik fit postcode, then dialled that into the sat nav.

A difficult 3 miles later, here I am, sat in Kwik Fit. Ain't the Internet great? Sometimes.

Bloke behind the counter took all my details, including inside leg & blood group, then cheerfully says "we are a bit busy today, but you are in luck, you are only 5th in the queue, and both my fitters are very fast. They will be on dinner first though."

Think I will explore the sights of Bridge Street, Northampton. It's smack next door to the Carlberg Brewery, arguably Britain's ugliest building.

All good then.

Doesn't anyone fit the spare and drop the flat off to be repaired at their local garage when they get home any more?

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43892 on: January 05, 2016, 01:10:19 PM »

run flat

Oh I see

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43893 on: January 05, 2016, 01:12:44 PM »

Luckily, had the (non 3G) IPad with me, so tethered to my phone, went on Internet "nearest Kwik Fit". That required my location postcode, so found that, pressed some buttons, and then got the Kwik fit postcode, then dialled that into the sat nav.

A difficult 3 miles later, here I am, sat in Kwik Fit. Ain't the Internet great? Sometimes.

Bloke behind the counter took all my details, including inside leg & blood group, then cheerfully says "we are a bit busy today, but you are in luck, you are only 5th in the queue, and both my fitters are very fast. They will be on dinner first though."

Think I will explore the sights of Bridge Street, Northampton. It's smack next door to the Carlberg Brewery, arguably Britain's ugliest building.

All good then.

Doesn't anyone fit the spare and drop the flat off to be repaired at their local garage when they get home any more?

Modern motor cars don't have a spare, apparently.

I did feel rather silly when I confessed to Mr Kwik Fit Fitter that I could not find my spare wheel.

"That'll be because you don't have one, Mr Kendall".

Yes yes, I knew that, obv.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43894 on: January 05, 2016, 01:21:04 PM »

22 excruciating miles of hard shoulder and slow lane followed, I was mentally in bits. But I am here now, yay. Persistence is all.

Give them all the paperwork from Northampton Branch.

"No problem Sir, let's just take your details".

They are in that form from Northampton.

"We need to start afresh Sir, Northampton is not in our region".

Blood group and inside leg follow.

"You are 6th in line Mr Kendall, our lads are super quick. They have to have their dinner break first though".

Yes yes, completely understand.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43895 on: January 05, 2016, 01:26:17 PM »

All good then.

Modern motor cars don't have a spare, apparently.

I did feel rather silly when I confessed to Mr Kwik Fit Fitter that I could not find my spare wheel.

"That'll be because you don't have one, Mr Kendall".

Yes yes, I knew that, obv.

Makes sense to carry one though.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #43896 on: January 05, 2016, 01:45:36 PM »

That's more like it 👍

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #43897 on: January 05, 2016, 01:47:54 PM »

ITV tonight, 23:10, Trains vs Weather.

I'll be appearing on at 9pm as well tonight.

Ooh, excellent, thank you. I'll need some relaxation tonight, been one of those days.

Not sere I dare check the 9pm thing - plump related, by any chance?

Watch and find out....

Just watched that and not sure if serious.  I found it quite uplifting, I am kind if hoping you were the fella who went on the boat with that girl with the disfigured face.  Seemed to make her day.  I felt pretty shallow afterwards.

Now 4 recommends I watch 40 year old virgins, virgin school and sex on wheels.  They have a school where people learn how to be virgins?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #43898 on: January 05, 2016, 02:10:33 PM »

If you're still at KwikFit, run don't walk to the car and get yourself to Costco MK10 0DB. Even with the £25 joining fee it'll be cheaper than KF prices.

Plus wandering around Costco will provide enough material for another dozen or so diary entries.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43899 on: January 05, 2016, 05:19:33 PM »

trust the tyre is ok now?

i hadn't realised until Mr Orford promoted it, but tonight is the first show of the 10th year of Sky Poker TV?

10 years!

the brilliant Tony Cottee on it too

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43900 on: January 05, 2016, 05:34:23 PM »

trust the tyre is ok now?

i hadn't realised until Mr Orford promoted it, but tonight is the first show of the 10th year of Sky Poker TV?

10 years!

the brilliant Tony Cottee on it too

The tyre is fine, I'm still a little grumpy & discombobulated, especially after being trolled by my Sat-Nav & ending up exploring the more rustic parts of Bedfordshire's B roads.

10th Year of Sky Poker TV? Almost, sort of. It first transmitted on 31st January 2007,  so it will begin it's tenth year in just under a month.

I am in my tenth year there already, I joined in October 2006, & promptly got sacked by PNL for doing so.

The site  also celebrates 1 billion hands at the end of this month, & are giving away oodles of stuff by way off a celebration. In isolation, 1 billion is a lot, until you realise that poor 'Stars, currently under the cosh from the world & it's wife, despite its magnificent software, have had 9800 gazillion hands.   

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43901 on: January 05, 2016, 05:45:48 PM »

I'll catch up on the other replies tomorrow, I do appreciate them. If only there were 36 hours in a day, I could still write all day if time permitted.

Quite why Vinni - & I suspect only Vinni - should find such trivial domestic witterings so interesting is another matter altogether.

Talking of witterings, Sara Cox is currently the Radio 2 Breakfast Show stand-in for the absent Lord Chris Evans.

My God she can witter for England, just mindless triviality of no interest to man or woman. And to cap it all, who follows her? Yup, Ken Bruce, the World Witter Champion.

4 hours of that this morning did not help matters.

But then a strange thing happened - I turned on TMS, first time in ages, to listen to the SA v England run-fest. And they had a female commentator, who was, not to sound condescending - don't blush baby - was very good indeed.

Quite an interesting dynamic in the TMS Studio when she was joined at the microphone by......Geoffrey Boycott. Now there is an odd couple.

They do "Boycott Bingo" on TMS now, too, which I rather enjoyed.  

There Vinni, some trivial witterings. What a life.

Did you see that wonderful programme on TV over Christmas about Ordnance (sp?) Survey, the map peeps? Quite astonishing. Best TV show over Xmas, that.

The "Weather & Railways"  Show that Percy Plump flagged up was top notch, too, more on that tomorrow. Gotta dash, Gym session awaits.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #43902 on: January 05, 2016, 07:13:34 PM »

Nothing wrong with Sara Cox monologues. There's a wondrously self-effacing humility in her tone, even if she does spend most of her time discussing food.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #43903 on: January 05, 2016, 08:02:57 PM »

Oh and surely Mr Orford can assist with a Green Flag membership?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #43904 on: January 05, 2016, 08:17:25 PM »

Why did you have to go to Kwik fit?  Couldn't you have just gone to the numerous other tyre centres in Northampton? 
Pages: 1 ... 2923 2924 2925 2926 [2927] 2928 2929 2930 2931 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: