blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:34:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3113 3114 3115 3116 [3117] 3118 3119 3120 3121 ... 3778 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6297128 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #46740 on: July 24, 2016, 07:53:54 PM »

Before harking back to Vegas, I must just mention yesterday's adventure. A day at the seaside, of all things. Never thought I'd do any more of those, but it went rather well. Took the train, obv, which was jolly exciting. In fact we used 5 different trains. Is it possible to have more fun in a single day?

We went to Bournemouth, & I don't recall ever going there before. Beautiful sandy beach, immaculately clean everywhere, glorious weather, we even had a swim in the sea. 

Away from the beach, the town is a typical English seaside town - ageing, run down & a bit grotty in places. We went into House of Fraser, which, I suggest, had not changed in 50 years. How places like that keep going I've no idea.

The station is 103 miles from the beach, & we walked it both ways. FFS.

I suppose we chose the nut day, as the weather was glorious all day. On the downside, the place was absolutely heaving, way too many folks there.  Queues for ice creams, fish & chips, even (for the Ladies, but not the men) to have a wee.

Not really my cup of tea, but Gill loved every minute, so that ticked a box. Personally, a quiet cottage in the West Highlands of Scotland beats a beach all day every day.     

We even had our own Beach Hut. Proper posh, us.

Think Bournemouth is classed as a city, but I just see it as a nice sized town.

Only 20 minutes up the road from me, and I used to always enjoy a day/night out there.

Bet those huts go for some dough, for what they are.

A friend of mine has one a couple of miles down the beach in a quieter area, it's a touch bigger than those shown and you can kip in it and it's done out inside. It's worth £250k I kid you not....

Yeah, remember seeing some advertised somewhere.

Unreal, isn't it.

I remember Eso Kral posted details of one in his diary a while back for an amount that surprised me.

That was way back when he was in the property business..

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #46741 on: July 24, 2016, 09:38:30 PM »

Received thank you.

I Disappeared from thread unfortunately due to Mother In Law being very ill and am just back after a week in Windermere with the family.

Great work again TK

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #46742 on: July 25, 2016, 05:17:23 PM »

no rush tikay but no sign as yet

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #46743 on: July 25, 2016, 05:31:07 PM »

On an average day's outing, how many times does the lovely Gill get asked if her father is having a nice time?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46744 on: July 25, 2016, 05:37:26 PM »

On an average day's outing, how many times does the lovely Gill get asked if her father is having a nice time?

Grin

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #46745 on: July 25, 2016, 06:02:29 PM »

Wahahaha, thought it, didn't say it :-)

sola virtus nobilitat
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #46746 on: July 25, 2016, 10:37:51 PM »

BOOOOOMIO!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #46747 on: July 25, 2016, 11:56:34 PM »

Soory about all this payment stuff, which does not make great reading, but it needs sorting, then we can get back to "interesting" Vegas stories, also yesterday's trip to the seaside, which was quite an eye-opener. Got photos & everything.

Sue & Dave Norsden.

They have asked that their profit be donated to a charity of my choice, so I'm told them I will send it to young Reece, & maybe it will go towards a little holiday or something. The profit was £45.18, so I'll send that across shortly. I'll send it via Red-Dog, which is the normal means I use in such cases, as he has Reece's Bank Details.

They also suggested I keep the £150 stake & use it for next year's Vegas Staking Adventure, but that's way too far ahead to contemplate, all things considered, so I've sent it back to them.

Big thanks to Sue & Dave for such generosity & support. And T Shirts. Wink

Thank so all so very much for thinking of Reece once again. Greatfully received. Xx

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46748 on: July 26, 2016, 09:50:28 AM »

Morning John.

That's simply not possible. I spent a lot of time designing an infallible Spreadsheet to ensure everyone was paid promptly & properly, & devoted 3 hours of "DO NOT DISTURB" on Sunday morning to paying everyone. (Except Evil Pie, obv).

Soon as I saw your post last night (I was busy pokering at the time) I checked my infallible Spreadsheet & my Bank Account. And it confirmed, - beyond any doubt  - that I had somehow forgotten to pay you.

Anyway, I eventually made the payment last night & it is now confirmed on my Bank Account thing that it has left my account.

Apologies. Mere's fault, obv.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46749 on: July 26, 2016, 09:52:20 AM »

Soory about all this payment stuff, which does not make great reading, but it needs sorting, then we can get back to "interesting" Vegas stories, also yesterday's trip to the seaside, which was quite an eye-opener. Got photos & everything.

Sue & Dave Norsden.

They have asked that their profit be donated to a charity of my choice, so I'm told them I will send it to young Reece, & maybe it will go towards a little holiday or something. The profit was £45.18, so I'll send that across shortly. I'll send it via Red-Dog, which is the normal means I use in such cases, as he has Reece's Bank Details.

They also suggested I keep the £150 stake & use it for next year's Vegas Staking Adventure, but that's way too far ahead to contemplate, all things considered, so I've sent it back to them.

Big thanks to Sue & Dave for such generosity & support. And T Shirts. Wink

Thank so all so very much for thinking of Reece once again. Greatfully received. Xx

Thanks Maureen.

Sue & Dave don't post on blonde, but they read this Diary every day, so they will see your reply. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46750 on: July 26, 2016, 09:55:48 AM »

On an average day, how many times are you called a complete tosser?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46751 on: July 26, 2016, 10:04:49 AM »

For the geeky sorts amongst you - Tighty & Doobs certainly included - there was a cracking Show on BBC Four last night, "The Joy of Data".

"Hannah Fry reveals what data is and how it is captured, stored, shared and made sense of".

It's real Marmite stuff, but if you enjoy that sort of thing, here's the I-Player thing......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b07lk6tj/the-joy-of-data

The Presenter/Narrator was a young lady by the name of Dr Hannah Fry, who came across as really quite engaging & personable in a sort of Princess Anne way.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46752 on: July 26, 2016, 10:09:12 AM »

Received thank you.

I Disappeared from thread unfortunately due to Mother In Law being very ill and am just back after a week in Windermere with the family.

Great work again TK

Geo

Really sorry to hear that, George. (Mother-in-Law, not Windemere). I do hope she is now on the mend.

The weird thing was everyone was engaging in the thread during Vegas, & those daily Sticky Buns you posted were spot on. You had promised something special for the biggie - the WSOP $3,000 PLO8 - & it struck me as odd that you did not, so I did wonder if all was ok.

It was that sort of engagement & banter that made it all worthwhile. I mean, it was not like anyone expected to make a profit, was it?  That was just a bit of bonus.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46753 on: July 26, 2016, 10:14:54 AM »

Did you see those reports of the 14 hour queues to get on the Ferry at Dover last weekend?

Can you imagine anything worse? 14 hours sitting in a car with 2 screaming saucepans. It defies the imagination. What did people do about water, food, having a wee or a number 2?

A taste of things to come under Brexit, too, maybe.

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #46754 on: July 26, 2016, 11:49:12 AM »

Morning John.

That's simply not possible. I spent a lot of time designing an infallible Spreadsheet to ensure everyone was paid promptly & properly, & devoted 3 hours of "DO NOT DISTURB" on Sunday morning to paying everyone. (Except Evil Pie, obv).

Soon as I saw your post last night (I was busy pokering at the time) I checked my infallible Spreadsheet & my Bank Account. And it confirmed, - beyond any doubt  - that I had somehow forgotten to pay you.

Anyway, I eventually made the payment last night & it is now confirmed on my Bank Account thing that it has left my account.

Apologies. Mere's fault, obv.

good morning tony

no sign still maybe went to an old account? should be going to account ending 0253

thanks
Pages: 1 ... 3113 3114 3115 3116 [3117] 3118 3119 3120 3121 ... 3778 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: