blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:32:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3204 3205 3206 3207 [3208] 3209 3210 3211 3212 ... 3778 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6296097 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48105 on: April 26, 2017, 04:57:54 PM »

I made an interesting discovery in my new garden last week that I thought you might like. When I first bought the place the discovery of a badger set was a bit of a shocker. Obviously something that I have to plan around...

Last week whilst digging out the old pond I found that I also have a large quantity of newts to contend with. I can't remember the last time I saw a newt so it was brilliant to see.

Obviously all work on the pond has stopped while I figure out what to do. I quite like the thought of having badgers and newts plus whatever else turns up living in my garden. My original plan of ripping everything apart has now subsided somewhat as the thought of making little critters homeless doesn't sit well with me at all.

It's turning out to be a proper haven for wildlife Smiley

WARNING - GRAPHIC MOLE HATE CONTENT

Great story Matt, and well done you.

If only we could get Red Dog to be so caring towards life's wonderful little creatures.  

I could maybe arrange for some moles to be sent in your direction if you want?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48106 on: April 26, 2017, 05:16:56 PM »

I made an interesting discovery in my new garden last week that I thought you might like. When I first bought the place the discovery of a badger set was a bit of a shocker. Obviously something that I have to plan around...

Last week whilst digging out the old pond I found that I also have a large quantity of newts to contend with. I can't remember the last time I saw a newt so it was brilliant to see.

Obviously all work on the pond has stopped while I figure out what to do. I quite like the thought of having badgers and newts plus whatever else turns up living in my garden. My original plan of ripping everything apart has now subsided somewhat as the thought of making little critters homeless doesn't sit well with me at all.

If only we could get Red Dog to be so caring towards life's wonderful little creatures.  

I do care about life's wonderful little creatures, even if I do have to get information about the well-being of one of them by continually checking his diary.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48107 on: April 26, 2017, 05:22:21 PM »

I do care about life's wonderful little creatures, even if I do have to get information about the well-being of one of them by continually checking his diary.

Oucho.

Side-story here.

One side effect of my recent health adventure has been a general fatigue and apathy, sort of cba-ness. Might be due to the medication I guess.

Anyway, Tom wrote to me about 5 weeks ago, & I half-answered his PM 2 weeks later, promising myself I'd reply to the rest within the next 24 hours.

3 weeks later it's still on the to-do list.

Unforch, several other PM's are on the same waiting list, apologies. Normal service will soon be resumed.

I've been trying to sort my Travel Insurance for Vegas for 5 weeks, too, another thing on my cba-list. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48108 on: April 26, 2017, 05:34:12 PM »

*To be honest I kind of guessed you might be in CBA mode, but as long as you're OK don't worry about it

If I can be brutally honest, I think your HA was a good thing. OK, so you have to suffer massive pain and confront your own mortality, but on the plus side it's stopped you smoking & got you exercising. You're fitted up with nice fat and fur free stents and you've got Gill fussing around you like a mother hen. Sounds like a decent deal to me.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 05:45:28 PM by RED-DOG » Logged

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48109 on: April 26, 2017, 05:46:24 PM »

*This opinion might change if it was me instead of you.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48110 on: April 26, 2017, 06:01:57 PM »

Well done Doobs and Magic.

Rather remiss of me, but I forgot to mention another blonde ledge who is on a hot run right now.

Sunday Main Event, 118th of 125

Monday Main Event, 241st of 248

Take a bow Dewi-Cool.

Excellent work Dewi , still got it mate.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48111 on: April 26, 2017, 06:08:07 PM »

*To be honest I kind of guessed you might be in CBA mode, but as long as you're OK don't worry about it

If I can be brutally honest, I think your HA was a good thing. OK, so you have to suffer massive pain and confront your own mortality, but on the plus side it's stopped you smoking & got you exercising. You're fitted up with nice fat and fur free stents and you've got Gill fussing around you like a mother hen. Sounds like a decent deal to me.

It's a VERY weird thing, this apathy & cba-ness. Everything seems to be an effort.

As you know, I've never been lazy, & I am generally up to date on my little daily to-do lists, but it's been a real uphill struggle of late.

It may be partly psychosomatic, in fact I'm pretty sure it is, so today I sort of decided to give myself a good talking to & start getting a few jobs ticked off the list. And it's been a good day so far, I've done loads of stuff.

I do miss the ciggies to be honest. I have no plans to resume though, it would upset Gill too much. She never gets cross with me or anything, & I can do as I want, she's as good as gold, but this whole thing has upset her dreadfully & she is scared I might pop off. She has been SO good the last 6 weeks in every way, so I just can't do anything that might upset her.  

On a lighter note, I walked 4 miles today, plus I did my warm-up and warm-down. Warm ups & warm downs sound a load of bollox to me, but the quack block at Rehab says it has to be done.

I also sorted my travel insurance for this year's Vegas trip, oioi. (£650, oucho).  

OK, off to cook tea now. Low cholesterol, obv. Fish, & that sort of shite.

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #48112 on: April 26, 2017, 09:54:44 PM »

Life is here to be lived mr Tikay
But I know you know that
My neighbour s funeral is may 9 th exactly 4 weeks after she entered the hospice
A lovely quiet gentle lady who's cancer returned after an 8 year absence
She would love to go to Vegas or anywhere but can't as the lids been screwed down !
Apologies for being blunt
But I'm here n living n we are going to Vegas
Unlesssomebody tells me otherwise -like the grim reaper
Be the same only be your own inimitable self xx
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48113 on: April 29, 2017, 08:49:20 AM »

This is shamelessly stolen from the Twitter feed of Yorkshire's answer to J K Rowling.

The baby is hearing his Mum's voice for the first time ever.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48114 on: April 29, 2017, 09:10:43 AM »

you might like this

Magnificent football pitch location, in the Lofoten archipelago, Norway

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48115 on: April 29, 2017, 09:23:49 AM »

you might like this

Magnificent football pitch location, in the Lofoten archipelago, Norway

Click to see full-size image.

That is excellent. What a road journey it must be from the Mainland, too.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48116 on: April 29, 2017, 09:24:55 AM »

Life is here to be lived mr Tikay
But I know you know that
My neighbour s funeral is may 9 th exactly 4 weeks after she entered the hospice
A lovely quiet gentle lady who's cancer returned after an 8 year absence
She would love to go to Vegas or anywhere but can't as the lids been screwed down !
Apologies for being blunt
But I'm here n living n we are going to Vegas
Unlesssomebody tells me otherwise -like the grim reaper
Be the same only be your own inimitable self xx

Thanks Tony.

That's the plan.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48117 on: April 29, 2017, 09:38:47 AM »

Anyone been watching the snooker?

Both the BBC & Eurosport are covering it. The camera shots & graphics are identical (shared feed) and are as near perfect as it gets, no complaints there.

The Studio punditry is dreadful, especially the BBC. Eurosport have got Ronnie O'Sullivan, an interesting addition when he dissects other players technique, though he is a bit raw on TV technique. They also have Jimmy White, who looks like he has been off the booze for a while. Sadly, they have Colin Murray as anchor. No matter how hard I try, I can't warm to him.

The stand out pundit/commentator on either channel is Alan McManus, not even close. One thing he does particularly well is nothing. As in, it's TV, so you don't HAVE to fill every second with waffle, & viewers CAN see the obvious. So he often says nothing for minutes at a time. It's Heaven. He wears great trousers, too.

Meanwhile, over on BBC, Mr Virgo tells us this is a difficult black, Selby pots it, and so Mr Virgo says "Selby potted it".

Then Higgins goes in off, Higgins sighs, the audience gasp, the referee places the white in baulk, & John Virgo says "he's gone in off". After, of course, the mandatory "WHERE'S THE CUE BALL GOING?"   

I should add that the Ding-Selby game has been outstanding. Higgins, ugh, I find him hard to watch or admire. 

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48118 on: April 29, 2017, 09:52:25 AM »

So it's been pretty good overall, & a few niggles has not spoilt it. We are blessed to have such great coverage really. Every shot, every ball, uninterrupted, that's pretty damn good.

But I have to mention the geezer who introduces the players. His name is Rob Hughes, & to be fair to him, he has a shit job. I mean, he does his intro, & that's it, job done.

Here's what Wiki says of Rob.

"Walker is credited with coining nicknames for several leading snooker players to use in his introductions. Among these are The Magician for Shaun Murphy, The Force for Peter Ebdon and The Thunder from Down Under for Neil Robertson".

Huh? You are kidding me.

Does anyone ON EARTH use those nicks? Don't be silly, course they don't.

Meanwhile, every night we have to put up with.....

John Higgins, the Wizard of Wishaw.

Mark Selby, the Jester from Leicester

Kyron the Warrier Wilson.

Do me a favour. Back in the heyday of snooker, it worked for Hurricane Higgins, maybe less so for Jimmy Whirlwind White, & that was about it.

30 or 40 years later, Rob Hughes is still flogging that dead horse, & the TV companies feel obliged to assume we have the intelligence of an amoeba.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #48119 on: April 29, 2017, 10:06:24 AM »

Virgo and Dennis Taylor are my nut worst comms combo.

On the other hand Peter Ebdon has been surprisingly and refreshingly good.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pages: 1 ... 3204 3205 3206 3207 [3208] 3209 3210 3211 3212 ... 3778 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: