blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:55:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3546 3547 3548 3549 [3550] 3551 3552 3553 3554 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6321409 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53235 on: October 17, 2018, 06:28:40 PM »

Think I'm inclined to agree with both of the sensationally portly gentlemen. (Note use of adverb).

It might just be poor reporting by the Journo - that'd be no surprise.

I'll have a shufty on google tonight or tomorrow morning, and see if I can locate further details. Much of it does not add up, including her family (apparently) not noticing she had gone missing for an entire week.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 06:51:15 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #53236 on: October 17, 2018, 08:19:40 PM »

On a scale of 1 to 10, how much are you enjoying your evening?

Best Bitter.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #53237 on: October 17, 2018, 08:25:55 PM »

Up until recently I had never heard of a baby shower. The women in my orbit carried on with life until the baby was due, went into hospital, stayed there only until the moment they were allowed to leave, then went back to life as usual.

There was no baby showers, maternity leave, moving to a bigger house, special diets or anything else. It was a palaver free process.

Now the media has convinced women everywhere that they need all that stuff.

Stand on me girls, there's nothing like a good day's hard work followed by a stint in the kitchen to help get your figure back and combat post-natal depression

With heavily pregnant ladies as my cue, a deft change of topic now.

I was reading some Bryson this morning, & his inventive use of adjectives fill me with awe, jealousy & admiration. Generally, he writes pretty well too. How could this not bring a smile?

Iowa women are always sensationally overweight.

He then goes on to explain how, in their shorts & halter top, they remind him of an elephant dressed in children's clothes.   

Too good Mr Bryson, too good.

As you know I haven't read any fiction for years but the other day I was early for a meeting and had an hour to kill.

It was in a building where you have to clear security and collect a visitors tag so going out for a stroll wasn't really worth it; of course I could have strolled before I entered the building but then if there had been any probs with security (as there often is with me) I might have been late .

So I waited in a hospitality suite. It had nice comfy chairs, wifi, and  free tea, coffee and biscuits so waiting wasn't a hardship.

There was a little bookcase, one of those efforts where people leave and take used books, I picked one up and thumbed it idly. 10 minutes later I was firmly hooked.

The thing I had forgotten about good fiction is, 95% of it is fact. Like when the author talks about special forces combat procedures, the workings of a nuclear reactor or explains what happens when a soft-nose bullet enters a human skull, all that stuff is fact, and it's fascinating.

The book is Killing Floor, the first in the Jack Reacher series by Lee Child.

No spoilers please, I haven't finished it yet.

The Reacher stories are proper page turners. Plenty more to get your teeth into after you finish this one.

Reacher is described by Lee Child as
a blond, 6 ft 5 in (1.96 m) tall, 250-pound man.

Played by Tom Cruse in the movies...

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53238 on: October 17, 2018, 09:48:26 PM »

Lordy.

Just the 9 different threads so far.

For those not aware of what Plumpy is alluding to, Next Door have tournament "issues" this evening. Fun evening......

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #53239 on: October 18, 2018, 08:36:23 AM »

Lordy.

Just the 9 different threads so far.

For those not aware of what Plumpy is alluding to, Next Door have tournament "issues" this evening. Fun evening......

It is hard to imagine that all those people happened to start their threads before any others existed. I saw people in chat saying about contacting customer care for an update. It is super frustrating when stuff like that happens but people become very illogical.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #53240 on: October 18, 2018, 08:46:43 AM »

As a regular to Iowa where my companies is, I can confirm this fact.

I walk down the street most days and can fall in love with 4 or five different women.

On 20+ trips to Iowa it has not happened more than once....

Ps. The man that stood for two day to win the NDPT. Did he bend down each time to look at his cards?!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53241 on: October 18, 2018, 09:03:03 AM »

In a well known card room I was standing to ease my back and was told that I had to be sitting at the table when the cards were dealt otherwise my hand would be dead.

The older I get, the better I was.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #53242 on: October 18, 2018, 09:31:31 AM »

In a well known card room I was standing to ease my back and was told that I had to be sitting at the table when the cards were dealt otherwise my hand would be dead.

Yep, all seems very accommodating.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #53243 on: October 18, 2018, 09:44:06 AM »

Perhaps the geezer was afflicted with a bad case of the Farmer Giles.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53244 on: October 18, 2018, 11:31:05 AM »

My first reaction when I saw him standing was that it was out of order. Once it transpired that he had a bad back, it was accepted at face value.

I'd certainly not want to be sat either side of Stood Up Bloke. It's like when someone stands right behind you at the table to chat to the bloke next to you, it just feels very uncomfortable. I mean, they are almost never peeking at your cards, but it's one of those weird personal space things which messes with your mind.

James Browning, completely innocently, always stood with his face pressed against you when he came to chat. And he chatted a lot, of course. So it was a process of continually backing away to reinstate that personal space thing. He was on that Ladbrokes Cruise thing with me & we got in a heated debate about that Online Poker site he helped run, Poka-Poka, (blonde owned 2.5% of it, along with about 100 others) the convo lasted 2 hours & I ended up doing 3 circuits of the ship backwards.   

It's the same in a lift, have you ever noticed? We stare at the floor, ceiling or the lift buttons - nobody ever makes eye contact in a lift. We also pretend to be using our 'phones, even though we all know full well that 'phones almost never work in a lift.

Click to see full-size image.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53245 on: October 18, 2018, 11:35:59 AM »

I look at people, safe in the knowledge that they are avoiding looking at me.

If they do happen to look at me, male or female, I think I've pulled.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53246 on: October 18, 2018, 11:59:17 AM »

As a regular to Iowa where my companies HQ is, I can confirm this fact.

I walk down the street most days and can fall in love with 4 or five different women.

On 20+ trips to Iowa it has not happened more than once....

Ps. The man that stood for two day to win the NDPT. Did he bend down each time to look at his cards?!

Bryson also added......

The teenage daughters of these fat women are always utterly delectable, as soft and gloriously rounded and naturally fresh-smelling like a basket of fruit. I don't know what it is that happens to them, but it must be awful to marry one of those nubile cuties knowing that there is a time-bomb ticking away in her that will at some unknown date will make her bloat out into something huge & grotesque, presumably all of a sudden & without notice, like a self-inflating raft from which the pin has been yanked.

I wonder how long it took Bryson to craft & tweak that sentence?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53247 on: October 18, 2018, 12:00:51 PM »

That was what struck me as odd. That sort of quarter stoop to place his blinds in, peek at his cards, make a bet etc must have been real uncomfy in itself, especially over a 13 hour period. So I'm pretty sure it was genuine.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53248 on: October 18, 2018, 12:02:16 PM »

It is a little odd how most if us sort of gradually increase in size as we age.

Just imagine, when he was a boy, Vinny was normal size.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53249 on: October 18, 2018, 12:05:13 PM »

All of which might just seem a little sexist in this sensitive age, so for balance.....

Waitrose have been forced to change the name of these, as it was deemed sexist.

Does not take much to cause offence these days, does it?

Click to see full-size image.

Pages: 1 ... 3546 3547 3548 3549 [3550] 3551 3552 3553 3554 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: