blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:40:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3572 3573 3574 3575 [3576] 3577 3578 3579 3580 ... 3778 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6295939 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53625 on: May 25, 2019, 09:32:48 PM »

PM's with Bank Details sent to everyone on the list who have yet to pay.

So I think that's us up to date for now.

I dithered for ages about putting up the Staking Thread this year, & had a side bet with Marky that I'd barely sell any. I'm both surprised & grateful, in equal measure.

Thanks guys.

PS - Supernova asked me to reserve a bit of action, so that's BOOKED if she still wants it, ditto anyone else who wants to set fire to money. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #53626 on: May 25, 2019, 09:37:40 PM »

Mystery £100 received from "Blonde Greg". Not sure who that might be at present, anyone sent £100 with that reference?

Would that be Greg Hill , Jeff's lad  ?

Cannot remember his username on here.

Possibly Mr M.

He has not posted for around a year, so I originally discounted that possibility, but I just checked & he logged in (but did not post) yesterday. So yes, it could be. He usually takes a bit.

I'll put it to 1 side for a day or two & see if he contacts me. Certainly, if he wants it, he's booked.

You seen or heard from Slow-Mo recently? Jeez, you & him together on the Golf Course must make a right pair of miserable moaning sods. Hope he's OK. What you up to these days, still dreaming pleasant dreams of your beloved Queen Victoria?

More seriously, has the FOTB thing affected your business much?

No , not seen him for years. Probably one of the last times I saw him he flounced ( seems a topical word ) off the Beeston Fields
golf course after around 4 holes.

FOTBs ... won't affect me as much as the big boys but still a reduced income and another nail in the coffin of retail bookmaking.

Queen Victoria , you know how to spoil my day.

See you in Vegas for a catch up !

You doing Vegas this year? Great news. Fingers crossed we bump into each other for a Starby & a catch-up.

Going out cattle class on the 10th , without Queen Victoria.
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53627 on: May 25, 2019, 09:39:18 PM »

Could I take £50 or £100 if you still open?
Hope you have been keeping well.

Yay, great to hear from you, been an age since you last posted.

How are the family now? Kids at school yet?

£50 or £100 is absolutely fine, whatever you prefer. You are BOOKED, just let me know which you prefer please.  Will add you to the list now too.

I will take the £50 for interest and transfer for the end of the weekend. (details the same?) Many thanks and good luck.

Kids growing up fast 6 and 4. 1 a typical pink princess with a passion for maths and American you tube videos and the youngest just an independent spirit who ploughs he own furrow. So different but they love each others company and seem happy. I have been very lucky.

Away from home the last 12 months have been crazy, Dad has had 8 major surgery's including two leg amputations, which has changed all our lives but he has been remarkable through it all, and is finally home and slowly adjusting.
And work has been as demanding a huge cyber attack in January destroying complete IT infrastructure and even now not really recovered. So not exactly been sitting around twiddling my thumbs.

Not played any cards for about 2 years but have the itch so popped in a couple of weeks ago to catch up on what had happened to Stars/dtd and poker in general. The deteriation of Stars seems unbelievable in the time frame.

Glad you kept the diary going, will enjoy catching up with your musings.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53628 on: May 25, 2019, 09:44:45 PM »

Mystery £100 received from "Blonde Greg". Not sure who that might be at present, anyone sent £100 with that reference?

Would that be Greg Hill , Jeff's lad  ?

Cannot remember his username on here.

Possibly Mr M.

He has not posted for around a year, so I originally discounted that possibility, but I just checked & he logged in (but did not post) yesterday. So yes, it could be. He usually takes a bit.

I'll put it to 1 side for a day or two & see if he contacts me. Certainly, if he wants it, he's booked.

You seen or heard from Slow-Mo recently? Jeez, you & him together on the Golf Course must make a right pair of miserable moaning sods. Hope he's OK. What you up to these days, still dreaming pleasant dreams of your beloved Queen Victoria?

More seriously, has the FOTB thing affected your business much?

No , not seen him for years. Probably one of the last times I saw him he flounced ( seems a topical word ) off the Beeston Fields
golf course after around 4 holes.

FOTBs ... won't affect me as much as the big boys but still a reduced income and another nail in the coffin of retail bookmaking.

Queen Victoria , you know how to spoil my day.

See you in Vegas for a catch up !

You doing Vegas this year? Great news. Fingers crossed we bump into each other for a Starby & a catch-up.

Going out cattle class on the 10th , without Queen Victoria.

I'm "Economy Delight" this year, which is cattle with minor trimmings. Seems like a contradiction in terms to me, "Economy" & "Delight" could barely seem less appropriate.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53629 on: May 25, 2019, 09:46:13 PM »

Could I take £50 or £100 if you still open?
Hope you have been keeping well.

Yay, great to hear from you, been an age since you last posted.

How are the family now? Kids at school yet?

£50 or £100 is absolutely fine, whatever you prefer. You are BOOKED, just let me know which you prefer please.  Will add you to the list now too.

I will take the £50 for interest and transfer for the end of the weekend. (details the same?) Many thanks and good luck.

Kids growing up fast 6 and 4. 1 a typical pink princess with a passion for maths and American you tube videos and the youngest just an independent spirit who ploughs he own furrow. So different but they love each others company and seem happy. I have been very lucky.

Away from home the last 12 months have been crazy, Dad has had 8 major surgery's including two leg amputations, which has changed all our lives but he has been remarkable through it all, and is finally home and slowly adjusting.
And work has been as demanding a huge cyber attack in January destroying complete IT infrastructure and even now not really recovered. So not exactly been sitting around twiddling my thumbs.

Not played any cards for about 2 years but have the itch so popped in a couple of weeks ago to catch up on what had happened to Stars/dtd and poker in general. The deteriation of Stars seems unbelievable in the time frame.

Glad you kept the diary going, will enjoy catching up with your musings.

Crikey.

So much to reply to - will reply tomorrow, I'm getting a bit tired now.

bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #53630 on: May 25, 2019, 09:48:29 PM »

You got me thinking now if I’m in delight as well .
Not that it makes much difference like you said.
Especially if commoners are allowed like you .
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #53631 on: May 26, 2019, 08:02:00 AM »

Won't be much delight for the poor person sat next to you
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #53632 on: May 26, 2019, 08:02:35 AM »

£150 please Tony.

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #53633 on: May 26, 2019, 08:38:25 AM »

Won't be much delight for the poor person sat next to you

Bastard
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53634 on: May 26, 2019, 10:19:52 AM »

Smaller schedule this year i notice.Stamina not what it was ?

Obviously in for a hundo.

Ha. No, stamina is still reasonable, all things considered.

Smaller schedule this year for a variety of reasons.

I'm not there as long this year, 3 weeks & 2 days I think in total.

Of the first 7 days, I'll be working at least part of the day on 4 of the days. The Sky Qualifiers arrive on the 6th & stay for 7 nights. Within those 7 days there's;

Welcome party (Friday 7th evening)

SPT Las Vegas (Sunday 9th all day)

Top Golf (Monday 10th evening)

Leaving Party (Wednesday 12th evening).

So no poker any of those days. I generally swerve the social or alcohol-based stuff, as I'm socially awkward where alcohol is concerned. This year, though, I plan to attend all of them, even if only for a few hours until folks get too tiddly. Sky have been incredibly good to me, & generous as to how they look after me, so the least I can do is show willing & make a bit more effort. It remains to be seen if we'll still all be together next year of course, now that 'Stars own the shop lock stock & barrel. I also need to keep some spare "work" time available all the time I'm out there & keep the Forum Next Door up to date with a sort of Postcard from Vegas thing & various other Vegas stuff. It's the least I can do after how Sky have looked after me, especially the last few years.

The Sky team & most of the players fly home on Thursday 13th, & Gill flies in the same day for a 12 day stay. Gill is perfectly happy for me to play as much poker as I want, but I want to balance it out a bit, & try & spend a bit more time with her this year. We will also be flying across to the West Coast for a couple of days, around 20th/21st I think. Los Angeles tourist stuff & Oceanside, the latter being where we got engaged 5 years ago. 

So, of the 23 days I'm there, around half are accounted for, but I'll be non-stop pokering the rest of the time.

Anyhow, how are you keeping now after that Harry scare a few years ago? Are you still working at the School, or somewhere else? Did you sell your motorbike?

Keep in touch mate, & thanks for the stake.

Health has been pretty good this last eighteen months or so, except for a bit of breathlessness.Have got an appointment with the Cardiologist at the end of June so he will give me an M.O.T.
Had to give up work as the dust and muck from the School was causing me really bad nosebleeds.Had those bloody awful plugs shoved up my nose many times (anybody who has had them will understand how painful they are), been cauterised and eventually had several blood vessels removed from my nose.Been blood free for a good while now thank goodness.So don't "work" now except for looking after my folks.

Dad is 88 now and i swear the old bugger is going to outlive us all.He has Dementia , Prostate Cancer and Diabetes and can not sit still for five minutes.We got rid of the car about two years ago as he would toodle off and then forget where he had parked.The bus stops right outside the house so i pop into town twice a week for an hour just to get bits and pieces,Wednesday for food,picking up prescriptions and stuff and then Fridays to buy flowers for mum and fish and chips for dad.Although he never gives me any problems (irritates the hell out of me sometimes though) he can be quite belligerent with mother so he stays in bed whilst i nip into town.He does enjoy ironing so he does this daily -has burnt through three ironing board covers in the last year..Quite easy to keep an eye on him whilst he does it.Left to his own devices he would be outside digging up plants and planting potatoes !  If he ever goes near mums Camelia i swear she would knife him .Lol.

Mother has now started showing signs of Dementia and , coupled with Heart and Stroke problems has to be watched more closely now.

Now have my nineteen year old neice living here now also.She had a big falling out with her father - arrogant , racist,arsehole.She has a Nigerian boyfriend and he has disowned her so i donned my cape and took her under my wing.Mealtimes can be a bit stressful as often i end up cooking three or four different meals but we get by.

Had to let the bike go unfortunately.Couldn't cope with wearing bi-focals whilst riding and was concerned about being a danger to other roadusers. Sold the bike to Tom's son-in-law ( if i remember correctly) so hopefully somebody is getting some use from it.

Seems very unlikely that i will ever get to Vegas now, but thats ok, i got the next best thing - your updates.
Nothing better than opening blonde and seeing 3 or 4 pages of early morning squeezage.
Have a terrific time out there.

xx

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53635 on: May 26, 2019, 10:22:11 AM »

ps will send stake money Wednesday.

Maybe.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #53636 on: May 26, 2019, 11:46:29 AM »

I watched the film tradegy on k2 - still on YouTube and the book clouds from both sides by / about Julie tullis the first woman to climb k2- but died descending
Found it interesting so read a ton of books and bought some representing 8 feet on a bookcases worth too !
Makes me laugh when 200/400 metre runners say oooph  that’s hard work ! Or footballers !
In the film there is a little old baltistani porter with a face like a raisin - probably only aged  35-40 carrying an oven twice as wide himself up to base camp at k2 a 7-10 day walk in !
Once I ordered a dozen books from Cambridgeshire libraries on the subject took them on holiday n read them one a day whilst lying in the sun !
Panic set in when I got home as the airline lost that suitcase ,luckily it turned up !

Two books still on e bay for £4 I recommend
Savage summit by Jennifer Jordan
Savage arena by joe tasker
Will give you a good view of the sport

Overnight in today’s paper a guy from Birmingham summited everest only to collapse and die on the way down
Robyn Haynes Fisher so sad
His Mrs / GF said at least he achieved his dream
After acclimatising in the area for a month before
He was very likely one of many in that photo
1-10 on Everest die
1-4 on k2 and Annapurna die at least
both are obv much harder to summit
Everest is a 2-3 day walk in
K2 much more remote at 7-9 days walk in

How did expeditions in the 1920s get as high as they did with tweed clothes ?
George Leigh Mallory supposedly got the highest before disappearing near the summit Circa 1920s
then Everest was closed for years
But still explorers went and mapped the area disguised as locals !!
There are some great books to read on that subject too ,proper schoolboy adventure type stuff
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #53637 on: May 26, 2019, 01:23:36 PM »

1% pls TK (if still available).
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #53638 on: May 26, 2019, 05:29:09 PM »

Think this is where we currently are;

Longines £69

Sent and rounded up slightly to £100, gl Mr T.
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #53639 on: May 26, 2019, 06:59:32 PM »

1% pls TK (if still available).

Just catching up......1% too pls if any left
Pages: 1 ... 3572 3573 3574 3575 [3576] 3577 3578 3579 3580 ... 3778 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: