blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:31:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272538 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3652 3653 3654 3655 [3656] 3657 3658 3659 3660 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6321096 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #54825 on: October 21, 2019, 02:09:13 PM »

Similar for the bridge inside castle mall shopping centre
I’ve never been in to see it in it’s glory
It was a hole in the ground

Thanks Tony.

We never went in the Shopping Centres, we tend to avoid them in favour or exciting stuff such as castles (Norwich), prisons (Exeter), and of course Airports.  

We spent as few hours at Heathrow last week & I took a bunch of photos of incoming aircraft. If anyone would like to see them you only have to ask. I've got loads of them.

You must’ve seen the new A350 Tony. Haven’t been on one yet, but it gets great reviews.

I’ll endeavour to get you a pic of one - unless, of course, the pic only counts if you’ve taken it?

Fly one to Tel Aviv a couple of weeks ago.

Only Premium Economy, but felt like Business Class in every respect bar the full recline, but still a further recline than in other PE experiences.

If it's not too personal a question, what were you doing in Tel Aviv? Concrete-related, presumably?

Very much so. First new machine into Israel for decades. In situ barrier on the way back!

Strange country. Such lovely fun people, but so much security and the two just feel so at odds with each other, especially when you get your car searched just driving into a shopping centre.

Anyways. Saw this earlier on my trawl from my biggest fan Chompy

The betting game's dead as a dodo

Which made me chuckle.

I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic.

He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can. EVERYONE I know can get a bet on of some description, even if they have to walk or drive to do so, use exchanges or whatever. If you pick enough winners, you make money, end of.

Dead as a Dodo? I suspect that the majority of Bookies would dispute this too.

Maybe getting bets on early prices are a struggle, however the more difficult that has become, I have found watching the market right up to the last minute has proved just as fruitful, once I adjusted.

Still, I'm not an expert, so what do I know. The game must be dead.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54826 on: October 21, 2019, 05:19:29 PM »

Jeez...are they mad?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-derbyshire-50127197/peak-district-anglers-dangerously-close-to-huge-plug-hole

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #54827 on: October 21, 2019, 05:59:18 PM »

Thanks Tony.

We never went in the Shopping Centres, we tend to avoid them in favour or exciting stuff such as castles (Norwich), prisons (Exeter), and of course Airports.  

We spent as few hours at Heathrow last week & I took a bunch of photos of incoming aircraft. If anyone would like to see them you only have to ask. I've got loads of them.

You must’ve seen the new A350 Tony. Haven’t been on one yet, but it gets great reviews.

I’ll endeavour to get you a pic of one - unless, of course, the pic only counts if you’ve taken it?

Only Premium Economy, but felt like Business Class in every respect bar the full recline, but still a further recline than in other PE experiences.

If it's not too personal a question, what were you doing in Tel Aviv? Concrete-related, presumably?

Very much so. First new machine into Israel for decades. In situ barrier on the way back!

Strange country. Such lovely fun people, but so much security and the two just feel so at odds with each other, especially when you get your car searched just driving into a shopping centre

You were probably searched because you were driving a rental car rather than a private vehicle.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #54828 on: October 21, 2019, 10:40:02 PM »

Thanks Tony.

Strange country. Such lovely fun people, but so much security and the two just feel so at odds with each other, especially when you get your car searched just driving into a shopping centre

You were probably searched because you were driving a rental car rather than a private vehicle.

No, I wasn't driving. Searching all cars.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54829 on: October 23, 2019, 08:55:37 PM »

Visited this architectural oddity today.

Anyone know what it is, & where?

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54830 on: October 23, 2019, 08:59:35 PM »

Saw this, too. Would love it to be a restored original, but I fear it was more likely a cheapo replica.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54831 on: October 24, 2019, 09:42:10 AM »

Saw this, too. Would love it to be a restored original, but I fear it was more likely a cheapo replica.

That's a Bedford. I think it's an O series. Circa 1950.

They were a versitile and popular truck in our community, lots of people bought them second hand from the army or, more often, the navy.

I'm not sure of the model number because they were universally known as 'Ministry Bedfords'.

I would bet that the one you photographed is genuine.

Look at the step  and the wheels, repro ones are always too smooth somehow and are always a giveaway.

Look at the wipers and the indicators. They would be illegal today and wouldn't be allowed unless the vehicle is moved by transporter every day.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54832 on: October 24, 2019, 09:45:34 AM »

I'm quite pleased if it was an original.

I remember them so clearly from my childhood, they were the workhorses, & made such a lovely sound as the driver clonked & crunched his way up & down the gearbox.

Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #54833 on: October 24, 2019, 10:07:14 AM »

I'm quite pleased if it was an original.

I remember them so clearly from my childhood, they were the workhorses, & made such a lovely sound as the driver clonked & crunched his way up & down the gearbox.

Welcome back Sir. I'm so happy you are but take care and don't overdo things!

Childhood memories of old vehicles for me were mainly Fred Dibnah passing our house on the A666 (yup that's where I get it from) on his way to one of the agricultural fairs on his beloved roller Alison (named after his then wife)  he was quite the local celeb even then before he got on the telly. We lived opposite a pub owned by Jim Hussey the old wrestler (his daughter Lindsey was my best friend) and he used to always stop there for refills of water for the roller and for tea in his tin tea mug.

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #54834 on: October 24, 2019, 11:21:08 AM »

Fred Dibnah was great......Proper bloke.

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54835 on: October 24, 2019, 11:23:25 AM »

Fred Dibnah was great......Proper bloke.

Fred Dibnah, Jack Hargreaves, Phil Drabble....

Proper reality telly that was.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #54836 on: October 24, 2019, 11:25:16 AM »

I believe that kind of structure is called a rotunda but I have no idea what it's purpose is.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54837 on: October 24, 2019, 11:29:20 AM »

I was going to do an old joke but in these days of political correctness I thought better of it.

atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #54838 on: October 24, 2019, 11:30:33 AM »

Fred woulda told it ^  Smiley

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #54839 on: October 24, 2019, 11:34:38 AM »

That's a Bedford. I think it's an O series. Circa 1950.

They were a versitile and popular truck in our community, lots of people bought them second hand from the army or, more often, the navy.

I'm not sure of the model number because they were universally known as 'Ministry Bedfords'.

I would bet that the one you photographed is genuine.

Look at the step  and the wheels, repro ones are always too smooth somehow and are always a giveaway.

Look at the wipers and the indicators. They would be illegal today and wouldn't be allowed unless the vehicle is moved by transporter every day.

My dad had one similar to that, a dark blue one with a bench seat in front.

It was when we lived in Nottingham and I can distinctly remember going to Skegness in the Bedford van with my parents. My mother was painting her toenails with her feet up on the dashboard and I was sat in the middle.

We moved to London when I was three so that is one of my earliest memories.

Pages: 1 ... 3652 3653 3654 3655 [3656] 3657 3658 3659 3660 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: