blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:12:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  nice to see some honest people out there
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: nice to see some honest people out there  (Read 8012 times)
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2007, 06:57:25 PM »

done a deal with a lovely guy on ebay today,,,ive never sold anything on here before as i dont trust em....

im selling something for £10k starting bid,,, anyway he rang me up and offered me £15k ok i said where do we go from here,,,,?
im going on holiday in the morning for a week, so he said i tell you what mate i will chapps/bax transfer £5k into your account today(he even paid £30 for it asap) when you get back in a week gimme a ring and we will sort the rest out and i will come and pay you cash for the item and collect....just checked my bank account and there we have it £5k deposit......wow...this guy dont even know where i live /work/nothing at all about me,i can see how people get stung,,,,but fair doos to him hes sounds a man of his word and so am i so i will honour my end of the deal and help him anyway possible,,,its nice to see there are some genuine old school dealers out there where there word is as good as it gets nice one ebay.....

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
Jim-D

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 07:12:19 PM »

See Britain aint all that bad mate!
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 07:15:39 PM »

Theres a lot of coups that go on e-bay so watch out.

I cant remember the particulars of the scam but i think Nigerians were offering above the asking price then sending payments that were showing up in principle, cancelling the deal and being refunded there money by the seller only for the seller to find out that the initial payment hadn't cleared and being left out of pocket for the sum of the item.

be a bit suspect if he cancells the deal unexpectedly and check all the finances involved being refunding the dough
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 07:18:07 PM »

wow, that's an expensive pair of Sunglasses!

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 08:35:15 PM »

done a deal with a lovely guy on ebay today,,,ive never sold anything on here before as i dont trust em....

im selling something for £10k starting bid,,, anyway he rang me up and offered me £15k ok i said where do we go from here,,,,?
im going on holiday in the morning for a week, so he said i tell you what mate i will chapps/bax transfer £5k into your account today(he even paid £30 for it asap) when you get back in a week gimme a ring and we will sort the rest out and i will come and pay you cash for the item and collect....just checked my bank account and there we have it £5k deposit......wow...this guy dont even know where i live /work/nothing at all about me,i can see how people get stung,,,,but fair doos to him hes sounds a man of his word and so am i so i will honour my end of the deal and help him anyway possible,,,its nice to see there are some genuine old school dealers out there where there word is as good as it gets nice one ebay.....

Yup, some nice peeps in the UK.

It's probably a kid.......Wink

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
brummieboy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 08:55:15 PM »

Sounds like money laundering to me..

jizzemm

BB6 Footy Winners - WALES.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 09:01:24 PM »

Does sound a bit fishy to me 2.. Be carefull

"I want to talk about my hand, what do you mean I cant talk about my hand, right im going to talk about the fact that I cant talk about my hand"...
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2007, 09:09:56 PM »

Sounds like money laundering to me..

that's what I thought - be careful sofa - sad to say it but sometimes putting faith in people's good nature can backfire.  Hope it's all genuine though.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2007, 10:16:45 PM »

thanks all for your concerns this is why i put it up to see if it sounds dodggy but the guy got nothing to gain only lose,,,he put £5k in my account i can see it there on online banking,,i go away for a week and then come home,i make sure the
£5k deposit is still in there and then he comes down to pick up item and weigh in the rest,,he really seems genuine as they all do lol,,,,im sure 100% its ok ,,i will let you know...thnx

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2007, 10:23:05 PM »

One of the well known scams is to claim you never received what you paid for so then they claim the money back.  I'm sure it's above board as 99.99% of ebayers are honest, but for such a large sum, you can't be too careful.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2007, 10:32:15 PM »

thanks all for your concerns this is why i put it up to see if it sounds dodggy but the guy got nothing to gain only lose,,,he put £5k in my account i can see it there on online banking,,i go away for a week and then come home,i make sure the
£5k deposit is still in there and then he comes down to pick up item and weigh in the rest,,he really seems genuine as they all do lol,,,,im sure 100% its ok ,,i will let you know...thnx

he can still cancel the bank transfer and it can take upto 1 month to show on your account

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2007, 10:39:18 PM »

he can still cancel the bank transfer and it can take upto 1 month to show on your account
not if you take the £ asap can he?

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2007, 10:48:06 PM »

He doesn't know you - and £5K is a lot to trust you with.  Sounds dodgy to me.  If he knew you, he certainly wouldn't have transferred it over!

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2007, 10:50:13 PM »

not if you take the £ asap can he?

Best bet would be to ask your bank!

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2007, 10:51:52 PM »

the other thing I don't quite understand about it all is why he's ringing you up offering to pay £15k for something rather than just putting in a bid for £10k

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: