blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:06:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  nice to see some honest people out there
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: nice to see some honest people out there  (Read 8010 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2007, 11:00:22 PM »

Sofa, just don't poppy up until you have your Germans the conkers. End of.

The older I get, the better I was.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2007, 11:02:38 PM »

thanks all for your concerns this is why i put it up to see if it sounds dodggy but the guy got nothing to gain only lose,,,he put £5k in my account i can see it there on online banking,,i go away for a week and then come home,i make sure the
£5k deposit is still in there and then he comes down to pick up item and weigh in the rest,,he really seems genuine as they all do lol,,,,im sure 100% its ok ,,i will let you know...thnx

he can still cancel the bank transfer and it can take upto 1 month to show on your account
not if you take the £ asap can he?

if you take the money out the bank and he then cancels the bank will come after you for the money

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2007, 11:03:50 PM »

the other thing I don't quite understand about it all is why he's ringing you up offering to pay £15k for something rather than just putting in a bid for £10k
i didnt really want to put it on here as i thought it might be spamming but if it gets taken off well so be it....
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SHARKYSHADES-SUNGLASS-UNIT-VAN_W0QQitemZ220137702622QQihZ012QQcategoryZ11761QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

as to taking it back out of your account im 99%sure they cant,,..,,.
CHAPS is a same-day UK electronic transfer (instructions must be received by 2pm on a working day). CHAPs payments are useful if you need to urgently send money to someone or when you buy a house and your solicitor needs to send money to the vendor. There is a charge of £20 for this service (free for Platinum Banking customers).

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2007, 11:05:09 PM »

tom i dont know if it was ok to post this thread .,.,?if not just take it off mate thnx,.,.

sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2007, 11:08:31 PM »

i dont know whether im being to honest or a bit niave,,,i have had about 2.5 million people ringing me up for this making me all silly offers ,.,.,so now im letting it run one guy has offered on the phone today £17k but i didnt want to welch on the deal with the other guy.,,,.what would you guys do?i need help serious,,,im not an ebayer lol.,,..,,.i was happy to get around £15k and do my 8ollox but if it goes up and up well,.,.,.let it ride lol

sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2007, 11:20:10 PM »

thanks all for your concerns this is why i put it up to see if it sounds dodggy but the guy got nothing to gain only lose,,,he put £5k in my account i can see it there on online banking,,i go away for a week and then come home,i make sure the
£5k deposit is still in there and then he comes down to pick up item and weigh in the rest,,he really seems genuine as they all do lol,,,,im sure 100% its ok ,,i will let you know...thnx

he can still cancel the bank transfer and it can take upto 1 month to show on your account
not if you take the £ asap can he?

if you take the money out the bank and he then cancels the bank will come after you for the money
mel just told me she rang  the bank today and said whats the worst that can happen if i give someone my account details
sort code  xxxxxx
account number xxxxxxxxxxxxx
she said all the can do is put money in your account but take nothing out
so in my eyes they cannot cancel a chaps transfer,,,,i dont think lol

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2007, 11:28:25 PM »

That's an excellent van Sofa, hope you get a great price for it.  If I had the money, I'd definitely be interested.

Good luck with the sale, don't worry too much, everything will be ok in the end.

Have a great holiday Smiley

sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2007, 11:39:49 PM »

That's an excellent van Sofa, hope you get a great price for it.  If I had the money, I'd definitely be interested.

Good luck with the sale, don't worry too much, everything will be ok in the end.

Have a great holiday Smiley
thanks,.,.its just wheelie boy winding me up/./.when i see him im gonna snap his spokes lol.,.,

i just dont know what to do i am a bit of a man with principals and this guy from preston has trusted me by puting £5k into my account today and he really seems genuine.,,.,.,.the plot gets even thicker here,,.i wasnt going to say but the guy who put £5k in my account said late this afternoon coz ive had tons of emails and intrest,.,.lets now leave it on there and if it goes for silly money like £25k-£30k we will have half each of the profit  over his offer of £15k lmao,.,.,.,.i wish i just take it off and be done at £15k.,.,but i really wanted to see what it would go upto lol,.,,.,.this guy is genuine about his offer .,to put £5k in my account and i dont even know him well,.,.,.,he obviously wanted it before anyone else did ,.,and he had the balls to pull up so if it do go upto £25k i would genuinely give the guy £5k thats the way i am,.,..,.,.when do they all start bidding im wondering ???any ideas?Huh? thanks,.,./,

fearisthekey

PL: 51S1NT 4R51MS

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2007, 12:15:25 AM »

sofa, it's a very nice van and I can understand the interest, looks like a great venture. It's possible that the guy knew well that there would be a lot of interest over £15K and thought he'd hammer the deal down now.
From my experience of ebay, buyers are (understandibly) very cautious of sellers. It is possible (though rare) to part with your money and never receive goods.
There are several things that make me worried about this 'off-site' buyer and on balance I would say that he is probably not legit. In order of relevance:

-he has not checked out your van. It could be very faulty or the stock could be crap, he has not bothered to check this out before handing over £5K. It may be that he is unnaturally trusting; also, your listing provokes confidence in you.

-you have a feedback of 1. I generally do not buy from people with this low a feedback, he seems to be confident.

-many listings on ebay find final values at way below or way above actual reasonable value. He could have got it for £10K, but is happy to seal it at £15K. That is just a bit weird. Anyway, if he did want to go through this route, almost 100% of the time this buyer would ask you to pull the listing. If he's confident it would naturally go above £15K (why buy offsite otherwise?), he would be begging you to pull the listing now.

It stinks. Do not pass on the van until you have a guarantee from your bank that the CHAPS (all of them) are irreversible. Try to make sure that you have something in writing from him and that he is a british citizen (not nigerian, welsh, etc). If he does throw a wobbly, you can enforce a contract on him.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 12:18:33 AM by fearisthekey » Logged

W85N 494 T85 4R51M 253OM5 1 N978TM1R5

4ON0TW1K589MUP

CHEYNE STOKING

brummieboy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2007, 12:22:01 AM »

Sofa,

I have recently started working for your bank,
unfortunately we had an accident today and your monies got dirty.
So all i need from you is your Bank Account details and Sort Code, and I will get in the vault and clean the monies.

Thanking you sir.

LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2007, 04:53:32 AM »

Sofa,

I have recently started working for your bank,
unfortunately we had an accident today and your monies got dirty.
So all i need from you is your Bank Account details and Sort Code, and I will get in the vault and clean the monies.

Thanking you sir.

lol, quality show.
suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2007, 05:33:07 AM »

sofa, it's a very nice van and I can understand the interest, looks like a great venture. It's possible that the guy knew well that there would be a lot of interest over £15K and thought he'd hammer the deal down now.
From my experience of ebay, buyers are (understandibly) very cautious of sellers. It is possible (though rare) to part with your money and never receive goods.
There are several things that make me worried about this 'off-site' buyer and on balance I would say that he is probably not legit. In order of relevance:

-he has not checked out your van. It could be very faulty or the stock could be crap, he has not bothered to check this out before handing over £5K. It may be that he is unnaturally trusting; also, your listing provokes confidence in you.

-you have a feedback of 1. I generally do not buy from people with this low a feedback, he seems to be confident.

-many listings on ebay find final values at way below or way above actual reasonable value. He could have got it for £10K, but is happy to seal it at £15K. That is just a bit weird. Anyway, if he did want to go through this route, almost 100% of the time this buyer would ask you to pull the listing. If he's confident it would naturally go above £15K (why buy offsite otherwise?), he would be begging you to pull the listing now.

It stinks. Do not pass on the van until you have a guarantee from your bank that the CHAPS (all of them) are irreversible. Try to make sure that you have something in writing from him and that he is a british citizen (not nigerian, welsh, etc). If he does throw a wobbly, you can enforce a contract on him.

Spot on

You have a feedback of 1 and he has put £5k in your bank account without even checking out the van!!! This absolutely stinks.

Be very very wary.

He hasnt asked you to cancel the auction so he is not commited to the sell, having the auction still running you are commited to ebay fees which will be hefty anyway. If he was gen he would have asked you to retract the auction and been round your house with the cash before anyone got in there first.

Hes asking for a cut of the final price.......doooooooohhhhhhhhh ...he get his mates to up the auction and you being a genuine guy will forward him his % and the buyer doesnt turn up after many excuses.

IT STINKS

Tell the guy you have had legal advise and you would like the auction to run. Refund his 5k ASAP and wish him luck in winning the auction.

This guy is a nobody to you so dont think you owe him anything. If he is gen he will bid up and win it.

I recently sold a couple of concert tickets on ebay which to be honest I felt very uncomfortable about as I dont even have them yet but I do have a 1000+ good feedback and the bloke put the money into my bank account saying "i trust you because of your feedback"

I would NEVER pay 5k into someones bank account with someone who has just opened an account.

Sofa ...........sorry to burst your bubble but I would bet my entire blonde account bankroll that you are being scammed.

PS its only £100 so go for it if you must :-)

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2007, 05:50:24 AM »

Yes, please don't do anything rash, sofa. Would hate to see you get ripped off.
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2007, 07:00:58 AM »

thanks for your concern/help guys ,.,.but there will be no way of him having the van till i have all the wongga in my hands.,.,.he is not from nigeria.,.,or out of this country he is from preston and seems very genuine,i just cant see anyway of being ripped off as i still got the van and all the paperwork,,i will be giving him some work with the van which is worth a few quid and .,.,well lets just say HOW can i be conned?
he wont get the unit till i get all the moneis out of the bank,and check that it cant be reversed.,.it may just be there are still a few honest people out there.,.,
the guy go 99.98 feed back and has been buying on ebay for the last 4 years .,.buying over 500 items so he looks pretty genuine.,.,i said to him on the phone your vey trusting putting £5k in my account you dont even know me.,.his reply was can i just give you £1k deposit till i get back then lol.,.,i said no,.,.,.,.
anyway off on hols in a min so i will watch it from over there.,.,and see what happens.,.,i cant see how i can lose.,.,its like i have an insurance policy.,.,where if it sells for £25k i really would give him £5k.,i wouldnt want to but you must have some principals.,and be honest .,.,wow me honest lol.,.,nice thought,.,.,.thanks all.,.,seeya,.,,.,.,.

matt674

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2007, 07:17:02 AM »

Why does nobody believe that this is genuine? Its a sorry state of affairs if people's trust of others is this low. Like Sofa said the thought did cross his mind to start with hence why he's made the post but then if the thought did cross his mind then i'm sure he's taken the necessary steps to ensure that this is genuine.

maybe the buyer knows someone from blonde and has already read that the goods are valued at between 25-30k from Sofa's previous posts and can see a bargain when he sees one...........

No wonder people are leaving this country in their droves if you cant trust anyone!

sponsored by Fyffes
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: