blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:00:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Hand of the week: December 10th
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hand of the week: December 10th  (Read 20264 times)
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« on: December 10, 2007, 04:39:19 PM »

For this weeks hand i am going to discuss with you all a hand from the iPoker ECOOP main event which took place last night.

The Tournament Details:

Event: ECOOP Main Event $1,000+$60

Starting Stack: 5,000

Prize Pool/Runners:  $1,000,000/992

Blinds: 1500/3000

Average Chips: 50,000

The tournament climate:

The bubble has just burst after an extremly drawn out process there are exactly 100 runners left and you find yourself on 131k you are 3rd out of the remaining 100 and have been extremly active in the last 2hrs whilst the last 30 players left with no money, in that time you showed 0 hands but moved from 25k to 70k before having the joy of calling a 40k push with KK. Because the bubble has burst 2 new players have joined the table, one of whom is the chip leader. He is sitting on a 170k stack, you have never played him before.

The hand:

You post the 1500 small blind and are dealt  its a 10 handed table, UTG+1 on a stack of 45k limps, he has been extremely passive in the past 2 hrs and you have been taking extreme liberty's by raising his blind every round, he managed to get a double during the bubble period with AA but other than that has not played a hand of note. UTG+2 is the CL new to the table he also limps for 3k. It then comes to the button who has given you walks for the last 2hrs, he hasn't done anything in 2hrs, he is on 50k and also limps. The BB is playing 40k, you have really been having fun with him, raising his blind every round for about 4hrs, he has even taken to begging you not to in the chat the guy started using his full time every hand 2hrs before the bubble burst, he is the pure definition of scared money.

My action pre flop:

We have multiple street decisions in this pot so i am going to skip ahead to the flop, i decided to raise this pot to 15k, i thought i might get one of the limpers to shove or pick up the 15k in the middle, obviously the only man i was worried about was the CL, of course poker is a bitch so they all pass except the CL who flat calls the 12k more.

What range of hands do you put the CL on? Would you have played differently pre flop?

The flop comes down as good as it gets:

The action is on you and there is 39k in the middle.....

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 04:45:51 PM »

Bet 12k, make it try to look like a weak continuation bet thats screaming to be reraised because you've got AK and missed the flop.

sponsored by Fyffes
LuckyLloyd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 05:16:27 PM »

24k. If he raises that I would shove over the top. Lets go.

"All glory comes from daring to begin" - Eugene F. Ware.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 05:21:44 PM »

24k. If he raises that I would shove over the top. Lets go.

Sounds good to me, just a standard cbet that looks no different to your general pattern of play. This is imo is the best way to disguise your hand, plus it obviously builds a pot where im already thinking i want to get the lot in at some point in this hand and will be miffed if i don't.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 05:23:14 PM »

Definitely betting, no need to get funky and give free cards/ let draws in

I bet c20k, standard c-bet type bet (I could have it or I couldn't type bet) and hope he shoves

I suspect he flat calls and it get scary on the turn!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 05:24:49 PM »

Bet 18k.

You've raised the pot to $15k, so that's only a min raise from you have I read that right?  If so, the BB could have anything, but you've hit a nice hand.

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 05:53:32 PM »

Bet 18k.

You've raised the pot to $15k, so that's only a min raise from you have I read that right?  If so, the BB could have anything, but you've hit a nice hand.

I raised to 5xBB and the BB folded......

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2007, 06:00:23 PM »

i bet 18-24k

slightly more than the preflop bet but small enough to let him think he has fold equity and that you are weak

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
bhoywonder

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2007, 06:17:21 PM »

well ur hoping he has QQ or JJ....looking for a non- ace or king on the flop.....he will raise AA or KK probably....cant see him chasing u away on his percieved rebluff when u C bet..why get involve with a big stack like urs atr this stage  ( but we don't have that much info yet )

if thats the case u might get his stack

so im gambling on a -------

check raise ( falling short of the all in )

may your god go with you

Scottish Open Apat online gold medal winner 2008
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2007, 06:21:43 PM »

He very likely has a drawing hand of some kind so either a medium to small pair or a connector.  So there really isn't any point in trying to suck him in.  He has either hit a set or has picked up a draw, so bet the pot or thereabouts.  
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2007, 06:44:10 PM »

I like the bet post flop with your image you may get one or 2 of them out slightly unfortunate that all bar one pass and you hit a dream flop. On the flop I'm betting somehwere in the region of 26k, hoping that he has JJ + and is prepared to play back at me, I don't want him flat calling and hitting a danger card on the turn, I am happy for him to fold here or to push. 

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2007, 06:45:49 PM »

you can't possibly want him to fold!!!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2007, 07:08:20 PM »

Move of Honour, obv.

HI HELEN!
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2007, 07:19:30 PM »

you can't possibly want him to fold!!!

I'd rather than than just a flat call and he spikes the danger card that makes me go busto Smiley

I have lost count of the number of times I have been smooth called in that position only for matey to hit a bigger set.  My preference would be that he played back and I get it all in the middle before the turn my hand holds up and hey presto we have mega chips.  But it never seems to work like that.

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2007, 07:42:33 PM »

Whoa some people have real "monsters under the table" syndrome here. The button has AA-JJ very rarely. He has limped the button behind 2 limpers and then flatted a raise from the sb. This is not how a big pair often plays. His range generally is made up of suited connectors and small pairs here imo.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: